Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New EPG coming to Sky+HD - Beta about to launch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

To record from one of the UK channels from the next 7 days, press 'tv guide', press the blue button and type the name of the programme you want to record. Al the 'other' channels' listings can be accessed here.

Can this work on the Irish Card?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

To record from one of the UK channels from the next 7 days, press 'tv guide', press the blue button and type the name of the programme you want to record. All the 'other' channels' listings can be accessed here.

You talking about radio stations cause it certainly doesn't work for me for tv channels?

adox wrote: »
    You talking about radio stations cause it certainly doesn't work for me for tv channels?

Works for tv channels for me

Works for tv channels for me

You can record from channel 5 and channel 4hd on a Sky box with a Sky sub by searching for a programme they are showing??

You can record from channel 5 and channel 4hd on a Sky box with a Sky sub by searching for a programme they are showing??

Yes, if you also have a FreeSat From Sky card - this is what we've been describing here

• Advertisement

Yes, if you also have a FreeSat From Sky card - this is what we've been describing here

Well it certainly doesn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Well it certainly doesn't work for me.
    Do you have the card trick working?

energy1942 wrote: »
    Do you have the card trick working?

Nope. If that's what you are talking about then I apologise,

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

DRose1 wrote: »
    Our standard HD box, the Amstrad Drx890 got upgraded sometime Wednesday morning. However, our 1tb Amstrad Drx895 has not gotten the update yet... hope its not much longer; I like the new layout, although like many others, I think its ridiculous how little innovation Sky has shown in terms of major new features over the past couple of years.

My DRX 890 hasnt been updated with the new EPG yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Galway wrote: »
    My DRX 890 hasnt been updated with the new EPG yet.

Tis a gradual roll out mate - not all boxes are been updated at once - this also ensures that if there is a bug it wont be wide spread so they are been careful :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Woke up this morning and had the new epg,looks good but i would still prefer to have it the way it was,iv done the card trick again and have the other channels again and recordable via my favourites but i would still like to go back to the way it was

manutd83 wrote: »
    Woke up this morning and had the new epg,looks good but i would still prefer to have it the way it was,iv done the card trick again and have the other channels again and recordable via my favourites but i would still like to go back to the way it was
    Same here although it's a lot better than we thought it would be about a week ago,
    however I have encountered a couple of difficulties with it for example if you try to record 2 programmes together at same time if one or both are card trick channels unless you have one of the channels on when recording is due to commence only one will record, also notice that red button or text button will not work on any of the bbc card trick channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

energy1942 wrote: »
    Same here although it's a lot better than we thought it would be about a week ago,
    however I have encountered a couple of difficulties with it for example if you try to record 2 programmes together at same time if one or both are card trick channels unless you have one of the channels on when recording is due to commence only one will record, also notice that red button or text button will not work on any of the bbc card trick channels.

Whats this card trick i keep reading on the thread???

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

lester76 wrote: »
    Whats this card trick i keep reading on the thread???
    See here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

:D the box upstairs in my bro & mine bedroom is on the new epg - it was on it last night...the one in the sitting room is still on the old one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

I hope mine does not change, I like the card trick to much lol.

dogtoffee wrote: »
    I hope mine does not change, I like the card trick to much lol.
    It will change but you can still use the card trick via the blue button.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

:D the box upstairs in my bro & mine bedroom is on the new epg - it was on it last night...the one in the sitting room is still on the old one

The box upstairs is either a DRX 895 or 890 - the first in line for an update :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

The box upstairs is either a DRX 895 or 890 - the first in line for an update :)

Its an all black 1tb hard drive on it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rich4life

Just tried card trick a number of times and it does not seem to work anymore. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

rich4life wrote: »
    Just tried card trick a number of times and it does not seem to work anymore. Any ideas?
    If you save the channels in favourites you can still use the card trick via the blue button.

To late to do that as new epg removed the channels that I brought in using the card trick channels previously in other will not register in favorites.

To late to do that as new epg removed the channels that I brought in using the card trick channels previously in other will not register in favorites.

I'm not really up on this, but would you save them to your favourites with the UK card inserted and then put the Irish card in?

Tried again and your idea worked a treat, but no epg to series link recordings but
    Many thanks.

If you save the channels in favourites you can still use the card trick via the blue button. The channels are no longer available in tv guide or favourite listings.
    When you switch to your uk ftv card switch off/On at mains press services go to favourites and save the channels making sure that they are in other channels first. when you insert your irish sub card you then access them by the blue button and use the listings that provides to record. alternatively you can press tv guide button and press blue search button and type in the programme you want to record and press record buttton.

Tried again and your idea worked a treat, but no epg to series link recordings but
    Many thanks.
    series link will work when it is available to your programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Many thanks.
    Just select whatever you want to record and when you press the record button you should get the option to record once or record series.

Many thanks for the info, will try .

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭eirman

How many channels can be seen on the new epg if the mini-tv is turned off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

eirman wrote: »
    How many channels can be seen on the new epg if the mini-tv is turned off?

Same as with the mini tv on....8 :)

Advertisement