Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New EPG coming to Sky+HD - Beta about to launch

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Had to change out my shyhd box today (old one died:mad:) got a second hand amstrad box drx780uk (free:)) and did that forced update thingy.... after I rang sky to match my card to the box.... and after I put all my progs to record over the next week in... and after waiting what seemed much longer than the 10 mins...... It's all the same:confused::confused: no new EPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Mugser wrote: »
    ... got a second hand amstrad box drx780uk (free:)) and did that forced update thingy.... after I rang sky to match my card to the box.... ... It's all the same:confused::confused: no new EPG?

780's are scheduled towards the end of the year:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/tv-guide/faqs/index.html?search_omni=search-article-sslc

Click on "When will I get the new Sky Guide?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Mugser wrote: »
    ... got a second hand amstrad box drx780uk (free:)) and did that forced update thingy.... after I rang sky to match my card to the box.... ... It's all the same:confused::confused: no new EPG?

780's are scheduled towards the end of the year:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/tv-guide/faqs/index.html?search_omni=search-article-sslc

Click on "When will I get the new Sky Guide?"
    You're lucky. Mine was one of the first to be updated and now I'm stuck with new epg I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

Hi there,
    Why do you hate the new EPG? just the look and feel or does it cause some functional problems on your box? I had a LOT of trouble with it originally. In fact my box had to be replaced before the new EPG would work sufficiently well. I like the look of it, however there are still some very obvious bugs with it that bother me. (e.g. reminder that a programme is about to start - works fine unless you are watching a recorded programme, as then when you SELECT it, nothing happens, bar the reminder disapears!).
    Is there a thread of bugs, or hwo do we inform SKY of these issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Is there a thread of bugs, or how do we inform SKY of these issues?

http://helpforum.sky.com/

• Advertisement

Hi there,
    Why do you hate the new EPG? just the look and feel or does it cause some functional problems on your box? I had a LOT of trouble with it originally. In fact my box had to be replaced before the new EPG would work sufficiently well. I like the look of it, however there are still some very obvious bugs with it that bother me. (e.g. reminder that a programme is about to start - works fine unless you are watching a recorded programme, as then when you SELECT it, nothing happens, bar the reminder disapears!).
    My guess for all the hatred is that they removed the ability to show the UK channels on the Irish EPG via a card swap. Having never done this, I don't miss it, so it doesn't affect me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Karsini wrote: »
    My guess for all the hatred is that they removed the ability to show the UK channels on the Irish EPG via a card swap. Having never done this, I don't miss it, so it doesn't affect me at all.

This can still be done - and record, live pause, rewind etc as long as you store them as a favourite channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

Karsini - I too have never doen the card swap.
    But greendom's comment that channels can be recorded is rather interesting... the only channel that others me is UTV/ITV (Ionly have it on my additional channels). Maybe Channel 5 woudl be interesting too.

Can someone give very basic instructions on how to achieve this?
    Much appreicated.

Karsini - I too have never doen the card swap.
    But greendom's comment that channels can be recorded is rather interesting... the only channel that others me is UTV/ITV (Ionly have it on my additional channels). Maybe Channel 5 woudl be interesting too.

Can someone give very basic instructions on how to achieve this?
    Much appreicated.

For UTV you need a Northern Irish Sky card, doesn't matter if it's an expired one, but I think it has to be a current issue (white) card or the previous yellow house card.

Anyway, power up the box with the NI card inserted and make sure that UTV is in your Other Channels. Add UTV on 103 to your favourites. Turn off the box at the remote (leave it plugged in) and then put the Irish card back in. You'll lose UTV in the EPG but it should be available via the blue button.

You can use cards from other regions, replace UTV with whatever region the card is from.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

It works more or less the same for ITV2,3 & 4 and ch 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Karsini wrote: »

no my hatred comes by the fact the bugs are still ongoing! giving the wrong shows in the search and scan banner, flicking automatically to 101 when you press down once on a channel like 141 or 615.

when you open the planner it keeps opening the list of the last recorded show (which could be handy if we weren't recording more than one thing a day but when you want to watch the first part recorded before the second part recorded it gets annoying having to back right out constantly to the main menu of shows to find the first part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Anyone else finding they can't change channel unless they go back into the EPG??

Very annoying. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dickdasterly

kleefarr wrote: »
    Anyone else finding they can't change channel unless they go back into the EPG??

Very annoying. :mad:

No way round that and yes it is annoying :eek:

So I suppose we have to wait for a new update?
    Is there anywhere people are making complaints to Sky?

More and more people are leaving sky for all different reasons, money being the main one I think.

I was going to get a dream box but like my multiroom and my big hard drive to much.

I am for getting a jail broke Apple TV in the next few weeks and when my half price offer ends with sky in February I reckon I will be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Yeah this is the only issue I noticed.

That's what we where saying two posts previous, you have to go back to the guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Exactly. When in 'other channels' it doesn't change unless you type the number twice. This is one of the issues I experience. The other one is that you can't scroll in the TV guide by holding down the arrow buttons. The view just hangs until you release the button. Other than these two minor issues, I like the new EPG. Especially the search function is very handy, although it is limited. E.g. it didn't find "ESPN FC Press Pass" when I typed in 'press', but when I typed in 'ESPN' it did find it.

• Advertisement

YEH!!!!!

It's been fixed. Can now type in channel number to change channel and scroll without having to go back to EPG. :D

Advertisement