Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

So I've had to come to a decision about getting a copy of UMvC3 for the 360. I find my PSN connection to be weaker than my 360 one, which bodes poorly for a few players I meet, and I also know there are a few interesting players on XBox Live. The cheapest deal I've been able to find so far is 30 euro.

But I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who's interested in selling a copy to me for any price cheaper than that? Holler if you're interested.
    EDIT: Never mind, I found a deal to settle for. XBL community, here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Hey Nutrient, check out these Spidey "plink-dash" set-ups!! so frickin fast!!

guess i have something to work on now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

I never got around to learning the game, i mean i know nothing :p I was gonna pick it up, should I ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

recnib wrote: »
    I never got around to learning the game, i mean i know nothing :p I was gonna pick it up, should I ?

If you can get past the fact that it has probably the number 1 BS gameplay mechanic in all of fighting games, then it's a reasonably fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

This must explain Doyler's and Nutrient's interest in learning Magneto. Can be done off any down exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Apparently a bunch of other characters can do the same infinite.

Mr.Wizard has announced that infinites are not banned at EVO.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Did you see the Trish one ?

So it's turning out that a large chunk of the cast can do this TAC infinite, and that it doesn't explicitly require a down TAC to activate. Dormammu can do his off either side or down TACs.

Dormammu's that kind of guy.

EvilToasterofFP gave a stab at how he thinks it works below. Bascially the TAC puts the opponent in a state where hit stun is ignored. This state would normally vanish the moment either character hits the ground, but by timing one of your hits to connect with the opponent at the same time your character lands it fools the game into thinking you've never hit the floor - thus hit stun deterioration never activates.

A bunch more examples with various characters can be seen here: http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/26/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-infinite-round-up-m-o-d-o-k-nova-dormammu-sentinel-dante-infinite-combo-explanation-theory/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Any hype I had for the game is now gone. :/

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Any hype I had for the game is now gone. :/
    In it's defense, you do have a 50/50 chance of getting your infinite broken, so it's not a completely crippling issue. In a clinch situation it'll still be safer to go for a standard non-TAC reliant combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Xanfel

Pretty sucky thing to discover, but I suppose it's a reasonable enough assumption that people actively practicing these things will be few and far between - Marvel 3 has so many 1-touch kills that it's not fulfilling any new roles, and the difficulty of execution should deter a lot of people.

I'm a little concerned about the time-wasting implications, but as I recall there were rules about that in MvC2 tournaments, so it'll maaaaaybe be used for positioning at most?

Downward TACs are already the most countered TACs in the game, so that should make it a little less prevalent, too... At least from some characters.

Still, maybe Capcom will patch it out, like they did with DHC glitches. Although I suspect they'd be a bit ham-fisted and probably ruin all the fancy TAC extensions too.

EDIT: I did say for SOME people to try and cover that though :<

It's not down TAC specific. They're just easier to set up off a down TAC. Dorm can do one off of a side TAC as well and Trish off an upwards TAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

All this changes as far as I can tell is that it'll make TAC combos that were going to kill the character anyway be very meter-positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7nationsoldier

looks like dante's will work up or down. also seems way easier than the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Talk on rumoured Uncanny edition

"qcf + s with thor is a hammer throw, can be charged, full charge = wall bounce"

Doyler Capcoms listening, hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Tsk, ANOTHER new edition?

The hell is this, Blazblue?

Xanfel wrote: »

I'm a little concerned about the time-wasting implications, but as I recall there were rules about that in MvC2 tournaments, so it'll maaaaaybe be used for positioning at most?
    <
    Super late quote.
    Time wasting combo rules were only for dead-body infinites (juggling after KO); you could only take the opponent to the corner.
    All other infinites allowed.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Do people want another edition? Personally I think the game is only just beginning to mature. I see capcom walking in, removing this , that and the other and completely blandifying the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I absolutely want a new version ASAP.

Thor + Iron Man buffs please, let me finally rock the big 3 as a serious team.

Rumours of Cyclops.

... suddenly I am interested.

• Advertisement

The Twitter these rumors are coming from looks like complete garbage. I very strongly doubt this edition is coming.

Allegedly it'll be shown at EVO, so we'll find out in a couple of days I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Gotta be a troll.

Ain't no way Capcom are putting Megaman in the game.
    Except as a troll.

If they nerf Doom and Wesker and not a certain Dread lord the game will be beast

Spiderman play after 6:00 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I can't even pretend I don't want another edition of the game. It'd be great just to get a bunch of people interested in playing it online at the very least. Don't personally care for the new added characters or any of the nerfs/buffs that would follow, but at least some fans would be happy to see Mega Man and Cyclops added, rite?

It's pretty fishy, particularly the mentioning of "donations welcome lol". But all the info doesn't cross that line which makes it too good to be true. Guess we'll find out this weekend.

Lythero wrote: »
    I can't even pretend I don't want another edition of the game. It'd be great just to get a bunch of people interested in playing it online at the very least. Don't personally care for the new added characters or any of the nerfs/buffs that would follow, but at least some fans would be happy to see Mega Man and Cyclops added, rite?

It's pretty fishy, particularly the mentioning of "donations welcome lol". But all the info doesn't cross that line which makes it too good to be true. Guess we'll find out this weekend.

These characters are gay

Cyclops is a white Geordi La Forge with mutant DNA

BAB Megaman is the only Megaman and THIS other Megaman will only entice scrubs that were bad at MVC2 only to have them complain about how bad he is in this one

And Antman...Antman is dead, There is only YellowJacket

Giant man however seems beast:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

The only thing that'd interest me about them is figuring out the best way to fight 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Nutrient wrote: »

Spiderman play after 6:00 lol

Ive known about Mamespider for a while since he usually places quite high in japanese tournies... but ever since hes been in the FGTV house hes been having his ass kicked by everyone! there are better matches of him later on in the video.

as for "Uncanny Edition" im 50/50 about it. (if its true)
    from what ive read the 4 new characters are Antman, Cyclops, Megaman and Servebot... 3 of them are already in Ultimate so i can imagine the producers making them into their own separate characters like what they did with Firebrand going from Vanilla to Ultimate (he was a background character in Demon Village) so in reality they only had to work on 1 character from scratch which is Cyclops.

it would be awesome to see some balance changes like

-no more "body-bag" Doom footdive
    -no more Wesker glasses buffs
    -no more unscaled "up-grapple" from Spencer
    -decreased Zero damage
    -no Vergil sword loops
    -lower tier characters getting good buffs that wont over-power them
    -no meter gain for Morrigan during her Illusion super

as for Spidey, i like him the way it is... but i would appreciate them changing the timing of his DP -> Spider-Sting to make it less strict.

apparently Deadpool will have fart attack that will cause a crumple state on hit.... if this is true my trolling with him will reach new heights...

Abegen's Tron and Thor are sick. Might mess around with the two as some sort of side team.

Also, Spider-man seems throwable between his dp and it's follow up. Maybe he just messed up but it's something I've gotta try.

I wouldn't say just nerfing Zero's damage would make him balanced. It's more the properties on tons of his moves. Outside of the lightning loop, he actually does very little damage.

I'm not even going to start listing things that could do with a nerf, there's just too many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The donations welcome line is a joke/slag aimed at all the pro players constantly doing donation drives and dodgy raffles on their streams to make money.

Advertisement