Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

5:40

Watch just before the lvl 3

MarlinPies jacked Ben2Gens tech:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Nutrient wrote: »

5:40

Watch just before the lvl 3

MarlinPies jacked Ben2Gens tech:P

DAMN IT!!! i work hard for all the tech i come up with... now hes getting credit for the tea-baggin lvl 3 :mad: .................... :p
    however, im happy he did it to Fooblat... cant stand that player.

2gen wrote: »
    DAMN IT!!! i work hard for all the tech i come up with... now hes getting credit for the tea-baggin lvl 3 :mad: .................... :p
    however, im happy he did it to Fooblat... cant stand that player.

Because of Hulk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Does Chris/Jill/Wesker work well together?

And what about Wright/West/Wesker?

Fergus_ wrote: »

And what about Wright/West/Wesker?

I'll assume thats in desending order from on point to anchor

Chris has some very strong zoning in Ultimate, guy got plenty of buffs and even a patch after release that allows him to special cancel his <H giving him more mix up potential,

Jills probably one of the least played characters in the game, She can stance cancel a lot of her normals/specials to make them safe [Similiar to Dantes Bold cancel], She would benefit a lot from a projectile assist[Chris' gun fire is available to you]
    Definetly one of the more technical characters

Depending on what assists you choose [Wesker has Samurai I'll assume] theres definetly some snergy there.

DHC's are important, play around with them and see what you can get out of them, I know that Jills QCF hyper has start up invinciblity[1-20 something] and is OTG capable

Wesker's gdlk, he goes with everyone

Don't know too much about the other team, but you'll definetly need somebody with hypers that allow Frank to lvl up fast e.g Nova, Dante, Vergil

• Advertisement

Because of Hulk?

not because of Hulk, i actually enjoy watching sick Hulks (like Airtola, Bum) its true that he is random, i see what the commentators mean when they mention it. i guess it is that which frustrates me, i dont get the impression that he is really thinking when he plays... relies on high damage/ppl to rush him down with assists to get happy birthdays with Hulks' s.H then a mediocre Wesker at the end... :S
    but hey, he could be the smartest guy in the world at the game, this is just my opinion.

Fergus_ wrote: »

there have been other combo videos, but this was the 1st one i came across when i typed in "STARS combo video" on youtube.
    i do think they work well together. if you plan on working on this team, i hope the video will give you some ideas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Sounds like Doyler needs backup.

22_ffft.jpg

this should be an interesting tournament to watch. ive been thinking why they haven't done this sooner (lowest damage setting).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yipes suggested it for the standard way to play in Vanilla but I don't think any tournaments were run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yipes suggested it for the standard way to play in Vanilla but I don't think any tournaments were run.

Yeah I remember this, many were convinced it was the future.

Then UMvC came out and everyone did even more damage... I can't wait to see how this goes and hear opinions from the beasts. Every hit is ToD at the moment which really sucks imo. I remember spending hours in the lab perfecting Cap + Spencer resets and then feeling like a dope cus I can just kill instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm really interested to see what this tournament ends up looking like.

Altering default game mechanics for a more enjoyable tournament experience?

200px-SmashBall.svg.png

Welcome to the Smash Side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see how this goes and hear opinions from the beasts.

I think its a great idea

bush wrote: »
    I think its a great idea

250px-The_Bush_Beast_logo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

2gen wrote: »
    22_ffft.jpg

this should be an interesting tournament to watch. ive been thinking why they haven't done this sooner (lowest damage setting).

Due to curiosity, i spent a few minutes in training with lowest damage setting to see how it fairs against medium (default) damage setting .

*LDS = Lowest Damage Setting
    *MDS = Medium Damage Setting

LDS Dr Doom corner loop bnb lvl 3 XF = 1,170,900
    MDS Dr Doom corner loop bnb lvl 3 XF = 1, 575, 500

1,170,900 damage doesn't kill Thor at full health (or its very close/just barely) where as 1,575,500 Thor is already dead before the last 2-3 reps of the loop.

i can actually see the game being more enjoyable at LDS. however, i think that XF should still be used to avoid "time outs" since this game is designed with XF in mind. if this did become tournament standard i could see people who gave up on the game giving it a 2nd chance since a lot of the BS is gone. no more "1 mistake = death of a character". yes unblockables are still there, but it won't lead to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can you even turn X-Factor off?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Can you even turn X-Factor off?

I've seen no X-Factor tourneys before, basically both players either agree to burn their level 1 xfactor as soon as the match starts and then go, or go straight away and if anyone activates they're out. Personally I prefer the second option as the start of the round push is so important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Wouldnt people just do x factor out of habbit?. I think that it would be pretty hard not to activate it considering I try to dash in ST or focus in SFXT etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

bush wrote: »
    Wouldnt people just do x factor out of habbit?. I think that it would be pretty hard not to activate it considering I try to dash in ST or focus in SFXT etc

I think I would, sometimes if I'm buffering ultra in SSf4 the muscle memory takes over and I hit it, then again I assume the players at this will be better than I :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It's possible of course. My personal preference would still be go for it. Especially given the fact that lowest damage is on, ten seconds can be make or break at the end of a round and that's how long it takes for lvl 1 x factor to run out (I think). I think it was left up to the players to figure out anyway.

I remember Chris G playing in one of those no-xfactor tourneys. First he accidentally triggered x-factor, and then triggered it again later cause he got mad and wanted to forfeit the round.

I think one or the other makes for an interesting tourney, but when you have both lowest damage and no x-factor the game kinda turns into SFxT. It's much easier to keep your team alive in UMvC3 by switching characters out to regain health and just becomes a "who can conserve the most health for a time-out victory" match.

Lythero wrote: »
    I remember Chris G playing in one of those no-xfactor tourneys. First he accidentally triggered x-factor, and then triggered it again later cause he got mad and wanted to forfeit the round.

I think one or the other makes for an interesting tourney, but when you have both lowest damage and no x-factor the game kinda turns into SFxT. It's much easier to keep your team alive in UMvC3 by switching characters out to regain health and just becomes a "who can conserve the most health for a time-out victory" match.

Low damage seemed alright when a few of us played yesterday

Low damage seemed alright when a few of us played yesterday

Low damage alone is pretty fun, and I like the idea of not getting TOT'd on the smallest of mistakes, but were you also not using x-factor?

Lythero wrote: »
    Low damage alone is pretty fun, and I like the idea of not getting TOT'd on the smallest of mistakes, but were you also not using x-factor?

We just set it to Low damage x factor was still used

Very minor differance but a differance non the less

I think the more you lower the damage the better top tier characters get which is ironic considering low health characters like strider should be benefiting from not been ko'ed quick but know do F all damage

what-if-annihilation-20071031042347654.jpg

What a team

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What's that from again?

"What If Thanos Killed Drax?" or something like that.

What's that from again?

"What If Thanos Killed Drax?" or something like that.

What If: Annihilation #1

Annihilus is coming to earth, Nova swoops in to see Civil War. Belittles the lads for fighting. Everyone unites to fight bad guys. yayyyyyy

Doyler01 wrote: »
    what-if-annihilation-20071031042347654.jpg

What a team

Good team

Almost as good as mine;

Image3.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Advertisement