Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Unmentioned change in the log; Haggar's Rapid Fire Fist is now (when fully mashed) stronger than all the hits of Hulk's qcb super.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Voa wrote: »
    Unmentioned change in the log; Haggar's Rapid Fire Fist is now (when fully mashed) stronger than all the hits of Hulk's qcb super.

lol

But, the amount of mashing for that hyper is actually so ridiculous that getting full damage is pretty damn tiring

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Voa wrote: »

That's so stupid. God damn Haggar.
    Hulk should hit the hardest.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    For Nutrient who earlier said that MVC3 didn't have one frame links. :pac:

Looked through the guide and added it all up

....It IS a 1 frame link and I was wrong thinking otherwise

I can do it no problem which must mean I'm gdlk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Nutrient wrote: »
    Looked through the guide and added it all up

....It IS a 1 frame link and I was wrong thinking otherwise

I can do it no problem which must mean I'm gdlk :P

Or one hell of a masher. . . . . .

• Advertisement

Or one hell of a masher. . . . . .

I'm guilty for mashing in UMVC3

As is any other Marvel player:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I don't even know why, but I relentlessly mash the HELL out of the launcher when doing any simple/standard Deadpool combo.

This is all I own up to, everything else I do is completely perfectly timed, I swear.

Online is better without question

Would really like to see that replay feature added in overtime from the Vita version

Not another disc release...

Sentinel-vs-Sentinel-525x313.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Got UMvC3 today

Going Wright/West/Wesker

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I'm sure plenty of you have already seen it, but I think this is worth dropping in here.

• Advertisement

Too bad about the Ancient warriors costume pack not coming out a while back, Spanish need to chill, its magfrickingneto

Wonder what costume they'll give him instead, or if they just exclude his alt all together

I know which alt I'm looking forward to...

Haggar_DLC_psd_jpgcopy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

hey D4rk Onion, looks like She-Hulk is back :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

2gen wrote: »

OOOOOOOH! GOD DAMN! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

2gen wrote: »

That was pretty god damn awesome. The pickup after her level 3 was hillarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

more She-Hulk Tech

Been thinking of picking up Zero in this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm2SwI1Xa0o

Best display of his bollox is Chris G getting pefected by PZ Mize

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Xanfel

It was pretty obvious from the first day of UMvC3 that Zero is quite possibly the most dangerous character in the game.

Insane solo mix-up game, ridiculous damage (with or without assists). Thank goodness he has low health, or people might actually stop hating on Wesker for a day.

I'm constantly torn between my hatred for being called a tier-whore and my character loyalty. If I wasn't, Zero would never have been off my team once I was confident enough to use the Buster Charge properly. Hell, I've stopped playing Wesker more times than I care to count for that reason alone.

Nothing like being guilted out of playing the people you like, and all that nonsense :P

Xanfel wrote: »
    It was pretty obvious from the first day of UMvC3 that Zero is quite possibly the most dangerous character in the game.

Insane solo mix-up game, ridiculous damage (with or without assists). Thank goodness he has low health, or people might actually stop hating on Wesker for a day.

I'm constantly torn between my hatred for being called a tier-whore and my character loyalty. If I wasn't, Zero would never have been off my team once I was confident enough to use the Buster Charge properly. Hell, I've stopped playing Wesker more times than I care to count for that reason alone.

Nothing like being guilted out of playing the people you like, and all that nonsense :P

Screw that ****

Given that the character is as good as he is he's not herp a derp like wesker is

Zero is defo one of the best in the game but the poor sod has no health like you mentioned previously and if your character can't survive a combo in this game you gotta step it up

Play who you wanna play, I'm playing him cause I wanna learn the bastards weaknesses and what better way to learn how to beat a character then to learn him?

srs, Lighting loop is more difficult then Wesker or Vergils crap period

Vergil's not comparable to Zero or Wesker, as far as I'm concerned. He has low health, low damage output and his mix-up game is painfully transparent. He's just a strange fad that won't go away.

I guess I'm lucky enough that I can pretty much select 'Random All' and still feel confident I pretty much know exactly what I'm doing, so feeling like I can't use X, Y or Z isn't as crippling as it could be.

That being said. I will always champion this cause - Wesker is not herp-derp when faced with someone who can actually fight him. He just isn't.

Vergil's not comparable to Zero or Wesker, as far as I'm concerned. He has low health, low damage output and his mix-up game is painfully transparent. He's just a strange fad that won't go away.

I guess I'm lucky enough that I can pretty much select 'Random All' and still feel confident I pretty much know exactly what I'm doing, so feeling like I can't use X, Y or Z isn't as crippling as it could be.

That being said. I will always champion this cause - Wesker is not herp-derp when faced with someone who can actually fight him. He just isn't.

With all do respect I think your mad for discribing Vergil having weak mix ups, Watch the the WGC 2012 Marvel Finals you'll see Vergil dominate with the use of Helm breaker and Taskmaster assist alone

Why people get pissed off by Wesker and why I think he's herp a derp is because he's more infamous then Dark Phoenix, he's even dubbed the same name when in XF 4, even if you block the teleport mix ups and avoid the Samurai Edge Shenanigans he'll inevitably command grab you[Which is 1 frame start up] which = Death

I don't have too much of a problem with him but I can say without a doubt, he is a fraudulent character.

Anyway yeah, gonna try out Zero:D

• Advertisement

Certainly the WGC Vergil was tricky, but nothing I haven't seen before. I've just never had that much of an issue with Vergil. Whether it's because I fight him well, or I've not fought good ones is entirely up for debate.

As for the Wesker thing. I don't really want to start a war over it. I've already sort of reconciled with the fact that people just won't see things my way. That being said. I don't really factor in the X-factor nonsense as part of the Wesker equation. Anyone who gets a significant speed boost from X-factor gives me headaches.

I'm hardly going to claim that Wesker isn't one of the best in the game. I'd just like people to acknowledge that even if you're using the SSS Tier characters, there's good gameplay and bad gameplay - and no that isn't a synonym for winning and losing :(

I'm hardly going to claim that Wesker isn't one of the best in the game. I'd just like people to acknowledge that even if you're using the SSS Tier characters, there's good gameplay and bad gameplay - and no that isn't a synonym for winning and losing :(

I'm not here to start a war either even If it may seem that way:D

I've been called cheap for playing Captain America because he's "piss to play" but w/e like, couldn't care less whats said:P

Doesn't matter too much who you choose in a game like marvel man, if you win commonly with some gdlk Hsien-ko tech for example some people would ienvitably bitch and gripe from losing to it for the sake of it or it's cheap beyond reason [Marvel is a game where BS usually has to excel BS] but it's fun as hell!

Just laugh off the tier whore remarks and play to have fun and to win:D

Playing Zero for a bit and... man

He's not too bad to play imo but the lightning loop i'm still trying to get right.

I was trying to land a combo with him that starts
    st L>M>H>ForwardH>cr L>H>Forward heavy and to my surprise it can only be done on counter hit:/

I knew you could utilize counter hits in this game for stuff, just never use it too much till now

Vergil is a very good character. When used with proper assists, he gets big damage and retarded mix-ups. Not to mention he fills the screen with hitboxes. There's no denying that he is an excellent character.

Also, I'm sorry but Wesker is very very very herp-derp. Good game play with him is a case of simple solid play for massive damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Vergil is top tier.. it's not really up for discussion or debate. It's obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Vergil's hitboxes make me a very sad panda.

I'm dropping Ghost Rider from my team after the beating he took at CxC. Now I've been toying around with Nova as a new partner to Wolverine and Frank West. Does that sound like a team that would work? I'm still somewhat of a noob at the game so any advice would be appreciated.

I was trying to land a combo with him that starts
    st L>M>H>ForwardH>cr L>H>Forward heavy and to my surprise it can only be done on counter hit:/

Well. At the risk of inciting yet more of the boards to mock my foolishness, I can't help but interject about that Zero combo.

If the problem is what I suspect, then it's because you start with a L. If you start that same combo with a medium, it doesn't require a counterhit to work, and you can also work in the M after the Cr. L after Reppuga.

Then again. I may just be giving yet more credence to the theory that I don't actually play the game >_>;

Also, slight disclaimer.

I'm not trying to say that Vergil is bad. I'm very aware of the fact that I've probably not had the misfortune to play a decent Vergil team. But I can only really speak from personal experience, and SO FAR Vergil has not given me any real trouble.

Also I don't know if I'm woefully ignorant of the second son of Sparda, but last I checked his combos are very meter-intensive, and to get any real damage requires you to use the Swords super... which stops all meter gain.

If I'm just being super-retardo then I apologise, and I'd actually love to see some relevant combo videos or something similar.

Personal tier-lists and all that.

Edit:

Oh well. time to stop giving out my sheltered opinion I guess. :P

Nova, Frank, Wolvie in that order.

Nova does BnB that ends with "POWA OF DA NOVA FORCE" in the air. DHC into Frank west super (not the trolley one) whiff, take picture. Instant level 4/5. GG you now how one of the most annoying characters in the game, ready to do simple silly shite like this.

With Wolvie in the back to go mental herpy in lvl3 xfactor, you'd have a very good team there.

If I'm just being super-retardo then I apologise, and I'd actually love to see some relevant combo videos or something similar.
    Introducing the day one Ramza

and the month one Ramza.

• Advertisement

Well. At the risk of inciting yet more of the boards to mock my foolishness, I can't help but interject about that Zero combo.

If the problem is what I suspect, then it's because you start with a L. If you start that same combo with a medium, it doesn't require a counterhit to work, and you can also work in the M after the Cr. L after Reppuga.

Then again. I may just be giving yet more credence to the theory that I don't actually play the game >_>;

Also, slight disclaimer.

I'm not trying to say that Vergil is bad. I'm very aware of the fact that I've probably not had the misfortune to play a decent Vergil team. But I can only really speak from personal experience, and SO FAR Vergil has not given me any real trouble.

Also I don't know if I'm woefully ignorant of the second son of Sparda, but last I checked his combos are very meter-intensive, and to get any real damage requires you to use the Swords super... which stops all meter gain.

Personal tier-lists and all that.

Edit:

Oh well. time to stop giving out my sheltered opinion I guess. :P

I not going to disagree with you as my knowledge of this character hasn't stretched too far in the couple days I've play him so it's probably possible

Surprising to hear that Vergil hasn't giving you too much hassle so far, hes been played a lot more since WGC 2012 with Projectile assists [Scotland loves Vergil with Molecular shield assist]
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Nova, Frank, Wolvie in that order.

Nova does BnB that ends with "POWA OF DA NOVA FORCE" in the air. DHC into Frank west super (not the trolley one) whiff, take picture. Instant level 4/5. GG you now how one of the most annoying characters in the game, ready to do simple silly shite like this.

With Wolvie in the back to go mental herpy in lvl3 xfactor, you'd have a very good team there.

Wolverine in Berserker charge and XF3 is too hysterical and terrifying to watch
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Introducing the day one Ramza

and the month one Ramza.

off first impressions his Day 1 looks tougher then the Month 1

Thats Ramza for yea:/

Advertisement