Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Mr Slow wrote: »
    That was a positive comment, K is the one looking down her nose at your dubious taste in nightclubs :pac:

:D:D I warned them not to let me have mojitos that night...I am not responsible for my suggestions when that drink is involved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    :D:D I warned them not to let me have mojitos that night...I am not responsible for my suggestions when that drink is involved :)

As you are the self appointed Leader your 'suggestions' are viewed as commands and followed without question. As K says 'Her will, my hand':)

As you are the self appointed Leader your 'suggestions' are viewed as commands and followed without question. As K says 'Her will, my hand':)

Spoken like a true follower :D

Wed June 27

Run

Plan: 3 miles with 5 x 100m strides

Away with work so struggled to find time to fit in a run. Very sluggish in the heat (their winter :rolleyes:) but done

Thur June 28

Run

Knackered starting this after going for 36 hours straight with work so I hit the gym in the evening instead of outdoors. Very unique run as the gym over looks a national game park, very cool. 3 miles done on treadmill.

Bike

15km on bike after treadmill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done. I don't know how you do it with all that travelling. I'm assuming you will be back for tomorrow ;)

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done. I don't know how you do it with all that travelling. I'm assuming you will be back for tomorrow ;)
    Yes flights going to plan, I should be back tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully time for my "lsr", sleep and rehydration in town afterwards :D

Sat June 30th

Run - Long run

Freely admit this was not my best idea! Came straight home after 14 hours travelling and changed into the gear to fit this run in. 7 horrible miles and I'm cream crackered after it. Not enough water or energy so fairly nauseous and dizzy after. I have to hit the leaba now before I fall down. May or may not see the ART ladies later as I'll see how I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Hope alls well now- Or are you detoxing your liver now?

madon wrote: »
    Hope alls well now- Or are you detoxing your liver now?
    All good now thanks. It's amazing what a good nights sleep will do for you. No detoxing for me this morning alas.

Sun July 1st

Cycle

Fully refreshed after a full nights sleep, I felt great this morning. Sorry to have missed last night though :(
    40km on the bike and I'm loving those clip-ins. Still struggling (and wobbling) at traffic lights tho. My ass hurts now, flaming saddle :rolleyes:

We missed you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

All good now thanks. It's amazing what a good nights sleep will do for you. No detoxing for me this morning alas.

Sun July 1st

Cycle

Fully refreshed after a full nights sleep, I felt great this morning. Sorry to have missed last night though :(
    40km on the bike and I'm loving those clip-ins. Still struggling (and wobbling) at traffic lights tho. My ass hurts now, flaming saddle :rolleyes:

Well if you're going to go cycling and your saddle is on fire and you do nothing about it, of course your ass will hurt. Like HELLO!!!!!!

chinguetti wrote: »
    Well if you're going to go cycling and your saddle is on fire and you do nothing about it, of course your ass will hurt. Like HELLO!!!!!!

hey I'm blonde, I never claimed to have common sense :D:D Cheers for the tip tho ;)

Mon July 2nd

Run - Easy 3 miles

Murphy's law, as soon as I stepped out the door, the heavens opened and it poured. It's been a long time since I got that wet on a run. Great fun skipping over puddles, lakes and mud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

sounds like an obstacle course:D

Younganne wrote: »
    sounds like an obstacle course:D

It was :D Alas my day-glow runners are still loud though! Lots of "are you mad running in this weather" looks too

Tues July 3rd

Cross-training session in gym because I was too much of a wuss to go out on the bike in this rain :(. HTFU pills on order coz this weather is here for a while :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

F@@k it stay in the gym shaz :)

Wed July 4th

South O'Hanlon 5km Race

Felt it was time to dip the toes in the race scene again as I hadn't done anything since Conn Half :eek:. So consulted my race gurus (aka Ro and jcsmum) who suggested this race. Goal was simply to see where I was at fitness wise and finish it without further injury. I told myself I'd be happy with a sub 30.

Smooth registration/parking and caught up with the rest of sneaky boardsies doing this race. Lovely to see everyone again and also new faces :D

Off we took for a fairly prompt start and I entered the pain cave about half a mile into it :mad:. Good god I cursed myself, the girls, the hills and everything I could think of for putting myself through this agony. I hung on to a sub 25 target till about 3km mark and then my lungs decided they simply had enough of this race crap.
    Also had this heavy breather on my shoulder for the entire race which really p**sed me off. I changed racing line, sped up, slowed down but he wouldn't budge. Finally managed to get rid of him by about 4.5 km and I thought lovely I'm going to chick him :). Alas twas not to be :o:mad:. Marshall shouted 200m to go as we approached finish and body just gave up. It was like flicking a switch and I really, really wanted to puke. Last 100m was all about not puking in front of cameras and people as I slowed to a crawl. The fecker passed me coming up to the line :mad:.

Only exited the pain cave about 10 mins after the race as I was in bits. Met up with the girlies (incl Mr Slow and Pistol ;)) afterwards for the post-mortem and I think everyone said it was a tough race...apart from younganne who had put in some sneaky training on the route :p

In summary a great race and I would recommend it. Personally it felt so good to be back racing despite the shocker of a race. Shin held up pretty well and only minor discomfort which is great.

Garmin Time: 25:50 (only 30 secs off PB so I can't be too disappointed in that)
    Race Chip Time: 25:57

Firstly, I would like to clarify that I never recommended this race. I meerly said I was doing it. Big difference.
    Secondly, a big 'well done', not an easy race to make your comeback.

Ps. Your runners are cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done Shaz. Good to see you back racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

+1, welcome back Shaz

Why do people keep referring to me in the reports from that race? It must have been my doppelganger (handsome fellow:)) because I was not, I repeat NOT racing last night. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Well done shaz on your return to racing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Why do people keep referring to me in the reports from that race? It must have been my doppelganger (handsome fellow:)) because I was not, I repeat NOT racing last night. ;)

Racepix suggests something else :)

pistol_75 wrote: »

Was just about to say that P....and look at the heel strike on that. Shocking MR Slow, tut, tut :p

jcsmum wrote: »
    Firstly, I would like to clarify that I never recommended this race. I meerly said I was doing it. Big difference.
    Secondly, a big 'well done', not an easy race to make your comeback.

Ps. Your runners are cool.

Ah K, you just don't realise the influence that you race choice has over your legion of followers :p. When you say you're doing a race your loyal followers will naturally attend :D. To be clear tho, I'm not doing Clontarf, Killarney or Wexford so I guess I can't be classed as a loyal follower any more.

I'll just blame Ro so for it and apologies if I have mistakenly put the blame on you in any way!

You runners are very cool too :cool:

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Was just about to say that P....and look at the heel strike on that. Shocking MR Slow, tut, tut :p

It's not a heel strike til it strikes the ground ;), you'll see from the previous picture that the handsome youngfella you're all mistaking for me has a lovely mid foot plant.:)

It's not a heel strike til it strikes the ground ;), you'll see from the previous picture that the handsome youngfella you're all mistaking for me has a lovely mid foot plant.:)

Mr Slow..handsome..and youngfella all in the same sentence, oh priceless :D:p

Mr Slow..handsome..and youngfella all in the same sentence, oh priceless :D:p

:(

• Advertisement

:(

Ah you know I'm only teasing you. Someone has to bring you back down to earth after all those Runner's World modelling contract offers :D

Advertisement