Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Good luck with it Shaz. *jealous*:)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Good luck Shaz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Crikey, that was some op :eek:...I log in here and the whole place looks different. I didn't think I was that blind :D

Aimman wrote: »
    G
    o o d
    l u c k
    w i t h
    t h e
    l a s e r
    e y c s

And if you can spot the mistake, it was a success :D

Brilliant Eamo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Hope you are feeling ok after it shaz!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RubyK wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    +1

All went great, cheers ladies. Now if only I could get my running (cycling and swimming) to improve as much as eyesight, I'd be laughing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    All went great, cheers ladies. Now if only I could get my running (cycling and swimming) to improve as much as eyesight, I'd be laughing ;)

Running in de forest and skulling mojitos after is great for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Delighted it all went well for you shaz
    my day-glow runners are still loud though!

Bet they are even louder now, with those new eyes :D

Delighted it all went well for you shaz

Bet they are even louder now, with those new eyes :D

:D ah the poor things are still stuck in the press begging me to take them out for a run. But yep I bet they are much louder now :cool:

Sun July 22nd

Cycle - Turbo

Could not take another day of no exercise so mounted the bike on the turbo, turned on the boom box and off I took. Had to do something coz the new eyes have been on a see-food diet all week :o. Looked like a tosser with the hat and sunglasses on indoors but wasn't risking the rogue flies hitting the eyes :rolleyes:.

Distance: 45km

Hopefully will get the all clear to get back running tomorrow eve and I can't wait.

• Advertisement

Mon July 23rd

Run - 3 Miles

Got the all clear to start back running this afternoon and as soon as I got home I threw the running gear on and headed straight back out. I loooovvvveeed this and it was great to be back :D. I had my new sunnies on to protect the eyes and really enjoyed this despite the strong breeze.

Super news.... :)

Mon July 23rd

Run - 3 Miles

Got the all clear to start back running this afternoon and as soon as I got home I threw the running gear on and headed straight back out. I loooovvvveeed this and it was great to be back :D. I had my new sunnies on to protect the eyes and really enjoyed this despite the strong breeze.

Donadea? :)

Mr Slow wrote: »

Nope sorry

Mr Slow wrote: »

Nope sorry

Ha ha......
    You tell him Shaz.

Ha ha......
    You tell him Shaz.

:D oddly enough this is not my first time saying No to this!!! No more 5kms until Sept/Oct at least (on the understanding it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind frequently)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

you have to do Rathfarnham in September, fastest 5k in Dublin :)

RayCun wrote: »
    you have to do Rathfarnham in September, fastest 5k in Dublin :)

:D cheers for the race pimping suggestion. Good race alright but I will prob do the http://www.greatpinkrun.ie/ as its a charity I will always support having seen the great work they do first hand with my mum.
    Before you ask...no I am not doing both of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

But they're a week apart!
    :pac:

RayCun wrote: »
    But they're a week apart!
    :pac:

Don't you start....one race pusher is enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How many fingers am I holding up?

Two fingers??? Oh no wait...that's me :p

Well looks like the eye surgery didn't impair your wit!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If you hadn't put the last part on I had a great response lined up to two fingers.

You ruin everything Shaz. :(

Well looks like the eye surgery didn't impair your wit!

No fear there and you've a whole 1.5+ hours of it to look forward to on Sat :D
    If you hadn't put the last part on I had a great response lined up to two fingers.

You ruin everything Shaz. :(

RQ, you can't put something like that up and expect me not to respond to it!

Go on, tell us what the great response was anyway.

Tues July 24th

Cycle

Had the bike off the turbo and all set to head out the door when the heavens opened. Happy days :). Turned around, bike back on turbo with Home & Away on the box...pure cheezy fest and an enjoyable session :o.

Note to self: Buy a comfy saddle before sportive on Sunday coz otherwise you will be in a world of pain.

Total: 30km

Wed July 25th

Run - 5 miles

1 mile easy (10:30), 1 mile PMP (10:00), 1 mile HMP (09:00), 1 mile PMP and 1 mile easy. Simples really :rolleyes:
    Except it went more like this
    Mile 1: 10:03
    Mile 2: 09:39
    Mile 3: 09:00 :)
    Mile 4: 09:45
    Mile 5: 10:02

Only mile 3 on target :rolleyes:. Tbh this session felt way too easy so not sure what this means really. Should it feel this easy or are my target times too soft?
    Run was lovely along coast and I'm in awe of how good laser surgery is...or just realising how blind I was previously :eek:

Wed July 25th

Run - 5 miles

1 mile easy (10:30), 1 mile PMP (10:00), 1 mile HMP (09:00), 1 mile PMP and 1 mile easy. Simples really :rolleyes:
    Except it went more like this
    Mile 1: 10:03
    Mile 2: 09:39
    Mile 3: 09:00 :)
    Mile 4: 09:45
    Mile 5: 10:02

Only mile 3 on target :rolleyes:. Tbh this session felt way too easy so not sure what this means really. Should it feel this easy or are my target times too soft?
    Run was lovely along coast and I'm in awe of how good laser surgery is...or just realising how blind I was previously :eek:

That shouldn't be a hard workout but I do think the planned paces might be a bit soft for you.

Fri 27th July

Run - easy(yeah right!)

As I was heading out yesterday eve, I had the bright idea to head out for a run this morning instead and in that way I could be home in time to watch the opening ceremony this evening. Great in theory!
    This morning was a different matter...woke up hungover to bits (after only a couple + glasses of wine :eek:) and stumbled out of bed to get gear on. Couldn't find ipod or watch but couldn't waste anymore time looking for them even though I was sure I saw them last night.
    Run was woeful - way too bright out, head hurt, stomach lurching and shin in agony again. Why did I think this was a good idea :confused:.
    Came home to find watch and ipod sitting on my bike saddle inside the front door...my tipsy self thinking that would be an obvious place to leave them last night!

1 bucket of starbucks coffee, 1 coke zero and 1 pastry later I have now returned to normal. I'm not made for this midweek drinking lark!

Worryingly though shin is in agony again :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Fri 27th July

Run - easy(yeah right!)

As I was heading out yesterday eve, I had the bright idea to head out for a run this morning instead and in that way I could be home in time to watch the opening ceremony this evening. Great in theory!
    This morning was a different matter...woke up hungover to bits (after only a couple + glasses of wine :eek:) and stumbled out of bed to get gear on. Couldn't find ipod or watch but couldn't waste anymore time looking for them even though I was sure I saw them last night.
    Run was woeful - way too bright out, head hurt, stomach lurching and shin in agony again. Why did I think this was a good idea :confused:.
    Came home to find watch and ipod sitting on my bike saddle inside the front door...my tipsy self thinking that would be an obvious place to leave them last night!

1 bucket of starbucks coffee, 1 coke zero and 1 pastry later I have now returned to normal. I'm not made for this midweek drinking lark!

Worryingly though shin is in agony again :mad:

Shaz, you paint a comical picture there:)...all except the shin pain...hope it's not as bad as you think and it's only the post drinking pain making it seem worse...IYKWIM

I missed my run too yesterday so have to do it at lunchtime, but I've no hangover TG!!:D

Advertisement