Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    :(

Ah you know I'm only teasing you. Someone has to bring you back down to earth after all those Runner's World modelling contract offers :D

Better!.....More!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well Done Shaz on a great comeback to racing...Your Runners are cool!!

Great meeting you, SunflowerRo, Jcsmum, Claralara, Digger, Pistol and MR Slow, (of course that wasn't you), sorry my mistake, finally putting faces to names
    And just for the record:eek:, i have never run that course before, but have driven it many a time....(note to self...must add it to one of my training loops and next year i'll blitz it;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Thur July 5th

Easy run

Easy run in the long grass after last night's exertions. Not too fond of this running on grass thingy but needs must. I have to admit shin is sore after it but thankfully lsr this week is only 5 miles so it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

I walked the boy up the park there for the Stone R and decided to jog back. Well....if I had a pound for every dirty comment that was shouted at me I could retire. Imagine if it had of been you out running Shaz...wearing those runners. I shudder to think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I walked the boy up the park there for the Stone R and decided to jog back. Well....if I had a pound for every dirty comment that was shouted at me I could retire. Imagine if it had of been you out running Shaz...wearing those runners. I shudder to think

You won't retire on "pounds", not yet anyway...when they come back in you'll be fine!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

well done on the race missus. sorry about my lack of support... ok non existent support... but i was there in spirit... that was me (and gerry) giving you a kick up the ass towards the end :D

You're just jealous Ro and you have it all wrong anyway. They're such chavtastic runners, those buckos would have loved them :cool:

Nules10 wrote: »
    well done on the race missus. sorry about my lack of support... ok non existent support... but i was there in spirit... that was me (and gerry) giving you a kick up the ass towards the end :D
    Gerry was there actually, he's a supportive friend :p

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Well done on the run Shaz:) I always seem to get stuck with the haevy breathers too and then my breathing goes off coz I start breathing along with them- the stewards should just be allowed to pull them out of races:D
    (Saying that I'm probably a heavy breather too but don't realise it:o)

madon wrote: »
    Well done on the run Shaz:) I always seem to get stuck with the haevy breathers too and then my breathing goes off coz I start breathing along with them- the stewards should just be allowed to pull them out of races:D
    (Saying that I'm probably a heavy breather too but don't realise it:o)

:D I usually mask my own steam train breathing by just turning up the ipod. Not an option in a race though so I guess that bloke was just karma getting me back :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sun July 8th

LSR - Stepback week

5 dreary miles for LSR this week. Thank god it was short because I was still recovering from a wedding on Friday. Hangover had cleared but it was the carnage from the dancing in heels that still lingered. Moshing to ACDC and the likes...seriously what was I thinking :rolleyes:

:D I usually mask my own steam train breathing by just turning up the ipod. Not an option in a race though so I guess that bloke was just karma getting me back :rolleyes:

Nothing as bad as having someone on your shoulder listening to sh1te music :pac:

Nothing as bad as having someone on your shoulder listening to sh1te music :pac:
    Oh that would be a fun race tactic. I'll sit on some blokes shoulder during next race and then out crawlsprint him on the line.

Only thing tho Slow is that I need to borrow your iPod for it to work properly. Mine is just too cool :cool:

Mon July 9th

Easy run 3 miles

Nice easy run in fantastic conditions as I love running in this misty crap. One small prob is that I am forced to wear the spectacles this week before the eye nuking next week. So I can't see out through them with the rain or without them coz I'm a blind bat so I am doomed for the week. I apologise in advance to some lamp post I will surely hit :o

So I can't see out through them with the rain or without them coz I'm a blind bat so I am doomed for the week. I apologise in advance to some lamp post I will surely hit :o

The contacts are grand for an hour a day. Dont suffer blindy:cool:

Oh that would be a fun race tactic. I'll sit on some blokes shoulder during next race and then out crawlsprint him on the line.

Only thing tho Slow is that I need to borrow your iPod for it to work properly. Mine is just too cool :cool:

Tell me Kea, are you racing this week?

Tell me Kea, are you racing this week?

Nope Slow, I'm washing my hair ;)

The contacts are grand for an hour a day. Dont suffer blindy:cool:

That's a slippery slope for me, 1 hour would soon equal 24/7 as usual :rolleyes:. Besides I might as well enjoy my last few days of blindness before superman vision :D

Nope Slow, I'm washing my hair ;)

How long do you hope that'll take?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Did somebody mention a race?

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »

I thought you were down in bandit country? We've been discussing it on Facebook :P:pac:

I thought you were down in bandit country? We've been discussing it on Facebook :P:pac:

:D

Nah, just being sarcastic :)
    All the bandits say hello.

Nah, just being sarcastic :)
    All the bandits say hello.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit K, surprised at you ;-) are you back this weekend?

No, am here for 2 ish weeks.
    Why, is there a race on ;)

No, am here for 2 ish weeks.
    Why, is there a race on ;)

And when she says "here" she means the race rehabilitation centre I've sent her to. Its the betty ford clinic for addicted racers. Clearly she's in the early phases of recovery :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ The first step is admitting you have a problem ;)

And when she says "here" she means the race rehabilitation centre I've sent her to. Its the betty ford clinic for addicted racers. Clearly she's in the early phases of recovery :rolleyes:
    Did ye get a 2 for 1 deal :p. Conference my eye Ro!

Must. Not. Race. Must. Not. Race....
    And no, I'm not driving up to Kinnegad this evening. (They've locked my door....they say it's for my own good) :(

• Advertisement

Must. Not. Race. Must. Not. Race....
    And no, I'm not driving up to Kinnegad this evening. (They've locked my door....they say it's for my own good) :(

Does that mean they won't let you drive up for a run in the park on Sat either ;)

Advertisement