Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Grr trying to put a bet on Meireles anytime scorer, bloody PP website wont allow me,.

working grand now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ronaldo 1st goal + 1-1 = €4 @ 33/1

Pepe to score 1st = €5 @ 33/1

Portugal HT/Draw FT = €5 @ 16/1

Translation: I'm fcuked if Spain score 1st. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Paddypower website got a touch of Ulsterbankitis?.

fine for me too

should go down around 7pm on sunday though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Gone for 1st card up to and including 26th min @5/6 on PP

Hoping for an early yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

PP website down for me on Google Chrome but I switched to Internet Explorer and it worked fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ended up using the Phone to put on the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

madma wrote: »
    so the unders looks likes its been backed heavily as big enough odds on the overs.. gonna do overs 2.5 and look to trade if the signs aint good

how do you do that without coming out with a decent loss?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    125c0b11e39e41413eaf4bd421ee43da.png

Over 50 Points @ 13/10 , main bet.

No Goalscorer @ 5/1

Lovely jubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I agree Portugal are a very solid team,defensivly sound and led by an on fire Ronaldo they have a great chance.Really looking forward to this latin derby.Sparks shall fly.:D

Portugal to qualify @7/4
    Over 50pts card index @13/10
    Correct score 0-0 @6/1
    2 out of 3 ain't bad.:o
    As Dunphy said after the game if you told the man from mars how great Ronaldo is and how he has scored hundreds of goals for club and country that he didn't take a penalty against spain he would be like :eek::confused:.
    WORLDS BIGGEST BOTTLER.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Jammy f**** Spain Fabregas was blessed with that penalty if it wasn't for the bad penalty order with Portugal I think they'd have won it and everyone here knows that :( btw I had Portugal backed e/w from the Quarters @13/2 :rolleyes: whats the rule with football top 2 or 4 for an e/w bet doesn't seem to be in t&c's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Formation wrote: »
    how do you do that without coming out with a decent loss?

by using betfair.. generally if theres no early goal id trade out early to half the loss or whatever.. but for tonight i just stayed in hoping there would be goals in the 2nd half.. game was a big letdown.. the price was big for an overs so i did the bet based on the price, i was hoping for luck with goals. ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

francie81 wrote: »
    Jammy f**** Spain Fabregas was blessed with that penalty if it wasn't for the bad penalty order with Portugal I think they'd have won it and everyone here knows that :( btw I had Portugal backed e/w from the Quarters @13/2 :rolleyes: whats the rule with football top 2 or 4 for an e/w bet doesn't seem to be in t&c's?

Spain deserved to win tho
    And e/w is 1st and 2nd

kev250 wrote: »
    Spain deserved to win tho
    And e/w is 1st and 2nd

So I heard over the 120mins I only seen the first half but in all fairness no matter how superior Spain are in possession it really isn't the football I would associate as being exciting football take nothing away from them its an enormous achievement for a team that has only united over the last few years but I would have loved to seen a Portugal/Germany (assuming) final as we will just get the same old boring stuff we seen in the 2008 & 2010 finals, overall has being a shocking tournament as far as bets are concerned but the quality was sublime and Greece was the team that stood out imo for their workrate and effort thats what football is about not figures and numbers.

francie81 wrote: »

To be fair, for
    anyone with half an idea on how to bet the only major shock in this tournament was russia v greece.

And holland v denmark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

And Sweden v France
    Greece v Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

sboyle01 wrote: »
    Going for Portugal +3 corner handicap 4/5 on PP

Came in easy. Portugal had more corners without handicap.

kev250 wrote: »
    And holland v denmark
    that wasnt a major shock, the danish players just arent household names but they are a great team with a strong domestic league.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    And Sweden v France
    Greece v Russia
    people say france always underperform but when its almost every match maybe its just their standard as a team overall? Individuals dont win international football tournaments.

• Advertisement

that wasnt a major shock, the danish players just arent household names but they are a great team with a strong domestic league.

I was talking to a danish person before the euro's started and he was saying the whole country expected them to do rubbish.
    Plus big things were expected of holland, i thought they could have went as far as the final

people say france always underperform but when its almost every match maybe its just their standard as a team overall? Individuals dont win international football tournaments.

It seemed they didn't want to be there after the group stage and really made Spain look better than they actually are, a case of individuals indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Polar101

that wasnt a major shock.

Many people said they expected the result, but only after the final whistle.

I think Spain - Portugal will end 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Well last nights game was just absoloute rubbish, betting aside Spain have to be one of the most boring teams in the competition. It's all very well passing the ball to death but once they get to the half way line they just stay there - anyway...

Will the Germany Italy game go the distance as well, surely there can't be 3 games in a row going to penalties.

I have to unload the lot on Germany tonight in a vain attempt at chasing what I've lost so far (thereby guaranteeing an Italian win) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Will the Germany Italy game go the distance as well, surely there can't be 3 games in a row going to penalties.

I have to unload the lot on Germany tonight in a vain attempt at chasing what I've lost so far (thereby guaranteeing an Italian win) :confused:

kinda for you but more for people looking for stats etc.

germany haven't beat italy in any of the seven games they've played competitively at WC's or euros - 3 draws & 4 losses - it could at least go to ET

although germany have won their last 15 competitive games - new world record

wonder is anyone going to leak die mannschaft for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Rumours that Klose will start ahead of Gomez tonight:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Well last nights game was just absoloute rubbish, betting aside Spain have to be one of the most boring teams in the competition. It's all very well passing the ball to death but once they get to the half way line they just stay there - anyway...

Wha, Spain play pure attacking football, its not their fault that the opposition mainly just defends against them and cant string 5 passes together. Spain are class, I could watch Iniesta play all day.

Germany in 90 mins tonight 10-11

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Warper wrote: »
    Wha, Spain play pure attacking football, its not their fault that the opposition mainly just defends against them and cant string 5 passes together. Spain are class, I could watch Iniesta play all day.

Spain play possession football, not attacking football. Their whole game plan is based around holding onto the ball, all the while tiring the opposition and then winning 1-0 or maybe 2-0

At the last WC they won 2 group games, 2-0 (vs Honduras) and then 2-1 (vs Chile). They then won 3 knockout games 1-0 and then won the final 1-0 in ET.

At these Championships, the only game where they really broke out was against Ireland, undoubtedly the worst team at the tournament. In the other matches, they scored 1 against Italy, 1 against Croatia, 2 against France (last min penalty) and none last night.

Attacking teams (like say Barca or Real) do not score only 1 or 2 goals virtually every game.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Rumours that Klose will start ahead of Gomez tonight:mad:

You are joking :mad:

Just got on Betfred's 3/1 for gomez to score anytime :mad::mad:

nice enhanced special on twitter!

Fancy Germany to win 1-0
    Setantabet ‏@setantabet
    Enhanced Special: 5/2 for Germany to Win to Nil http://bit.ly/K3Y0B9 #euro2012

• Advertisement

DB74 wrote: »
    Spain play possession football, not attacking football. Their whole game plan is based around holding onto the ball, all the while tiring the opposition and then winning 1-0 or maybe 2-0

At the last WC they won 2 group games, 2-0 (vs Honduras) and then 2-1 (vs Chile). They then won 3 knockout games 1-0 and then won the final 1-0 in ET.

At these Championships, the only game where they really broke out was against Ireland, undoubtedly the worst team at the tournament. In the other matches, they scored 1 against Italy, 1 against Croatia, 2 against France (last min penalty) and none last night.

Attacking teams (like say Barca or Real) do not score only 1 or 2 goals virtually every game.

Couldn't have said it better!

Advertisement