Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Germany to win, over 10 corners, over 40 booking points @11/2. Really fancy this one to come in.

Germany -1 @5/2.

Both with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

FECK i had a tenner on Spain and Germany to win there semis and here was me with me fingers crossed last night when the penos where been taken.....

Only now to find out the bet was void as soon as it went over 90 minutes :pac:

Bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

FECK i had a tenner on Spain and Germany to win there semis and here was me with me fingers crossed last night when the penos where been taken.....

Only now to find out the bet was void as soon as it went over 90 minutes :pac:

Bollox.
    "void" = get stake back

Formation wrote: »
    "void" = get stake back

The stake will not be given back, it's a loser I'm afraid. Hardly marked as void?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Whats the word on how the Germans will line up? Klose and Reus to keep their places? Really hope Gomez plays as I've a nice pre tournament bet on Germany win and Gomez Top GS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Shane St. wrote: »
    Whats the word on how the Germans will line up? Klose and Reus to keep their places? Really hope Gomez plays as I've a nice pre tournament bet on Germany win and Gomez Top GS

Anybody know when teams will be annouced. Was going to back Gomez but rumours he wont start so dont know what to do. Presume with Tipperary racing off bookies will close at half 6. Might just have to go with Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody know when teams will be annouced. Was going to back Gomez but rumours he wont start so dont know what to do. Presume with Tipperary racing off bookies will close at half 6. Might just have to go with Ozil.

I read somewhere this morning that Germany will delay the team lineup because it is being leaked to the press. The players won't be told until half-five this evening I think

I can't remember where I read it though so can't post a link

Found it

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/06/28/3206271/low-keeps-germany-starting-xi-secret-to-fight-mole-report

17:30 CET which is 16:30 Irish time (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

goina put 25 On Badstuber to be carded 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

DB74 wrote: »
    Spain play possession football, not attacking football. Their whole game plan is based around holding onto the ball, all the while tiring the opposition and then winning 1-0 or maybe 2-0

At the last WC they won 2 group games, 2-0 (vs Honduras) and then 2-1 (vs Chile). They then won 3 knockout games 1-0 and then won the final 1-0 in ET.

At these Championships, the only game where they really broke out was against Ireland, undoubtedly the worst team at the tournament. In the other matches, they scored 1 against Italy, 1 against Croatia, 2 against France (last min penalty) and none last night.

Attacking teams (like say Barca or Real) do not score only 1 or 2 goals virtually every game.

Spain play exactly like Barcelona except without the great one. That is their playing style. Plus comparing competitions like major international tournaments and domestic league games is absurd. The quality of teams in the WC and the Euros are exceptional. That is primarily the reason why games in general tend to be low-scoring. In the 2010 WC knockout stages, Spain played the likes of Italy, Germany and Holland who all had mean defences, hardly a fair comparison. In their Euro 2012 qualifying they had a GD of + 20 in 8 games played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Warper wrote: »
    Spain play exactly like Barcelona except without the great one. That is their playing style. Plus comparing competitions like major international tournaments and domestic league games is absurd. The quality of teams in the WC and the Euros are exceptional. That is primarily the reason why games in general tend to be low-scoring. In the 2010 WC knockout stages, Spain played the likes of Italy, Germany and Holland who all had mean defences, hardly a fair comparison. In their Euro 2012 qualifying they had a GD of + 20 in 8 games played.
    No, they aren't. First big difference - Barcelona use 1 holding player in midfield, Spain 2. Spain use possession as mostly defensive tool, with Barca it's more attacking minded. Also, Barca presses much higher and more intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Warper wrote: »

Indeed but factor in a +20 when you have the likes of Liechtenstein at your disposal you can't really differentiate Spain being attack minded based on that the thing is when teams play the brand of football Spain do its suppose to ware down the opposition so I think a +20 is normal in that regard in the Qualifiers opposed to meaner defences and more organised teams such as Italy & Germany (as you state) at major tournaments where it really matters speaks for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

I can't check stats now, but talked to Ligue 1 announcer in polish Channel Plus and he told me Lannoy is well known for calling all little fouls, and making matches stop way too aften. Maybe over in amount of fouls is play here, saw the line I think of 23.5 in Bwin with odds 1.78.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

gonna put something on Italy most corners +1 handicap at 13/10 .

Italy have won most corners in 3/4 of their games in Euros while Germany have won only 1/4

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

free fiver matched bet in the sun on the first gs (lads)
    wasnt sure about gomez playing so stuck the tenner on no scorer at 11/2
    small bet on germany 1-0 also at 5s
    germany have never beaten italy in a major comp
    surely tonite will be their night
    if italy hold off till half time i think they will take it to extra time

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

PP have 2 enhanced specials:

Gomez to score first and Germany to win 2-1 @ 50/1.
    Gomes to score and Germany to win @ 7/2.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-football-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=273706

The value in both depends on whether Gomez actually starts...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Just wondering can you do a combined accum on one game?

francie81 wrote: »
    Just wondering can you do a combined accum on one game?

No, the odds of one bet will affect the odds of the other, e.g. if Gomez scores then Germany are more likely to win. Or if Germany get more corners then they are more likely to win.

Bookies set different odds (generally lower than an accum) for these, e.g. 'wincasts' for a certain player to score & a given team to win double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

whats the limit on the pp enhancement of gomez and germany 7/2? waiting for the team news no sign of it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

madma wrote: »
    whats the limit on the pp enhancement of gomez and germany 7/2? waiting for the team news no sign of it..

Just checked and its €25 max bet.
    FFS its plastered all over the site and all they let you have is €25 :rolleyes:.
    betfred are going 3/1 and he's not even certain to play.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Just checked and its €25 max bet.
    FFS its plastered all over the site and all they let you have is €25 :rolleyes:.
    betfred are going 3/1 and he's not even certain to play.

ah is it.. i know is stupid if they had no limit on these they'd make more overall.. like the sound of this one but others ive seen ive avoided..depends obviously if gomez starts..dont think he is.. damn team news taking ages

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Lumped on Germany @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Gomez 1-0 Scorecast 15/1

0-0 full time score 7/1

Germany to qualify in a penalty Shootout 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Daniele De Rossi @ 7/4
    Germany v Italy
    Anytime Carded Player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Backing the Draw-Draw as we speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I'm not betting tonight but if I was I would go with BTTS No @1.66.

Gomez is starting. I'll probably throw a few quid on the Gomez wincast @ 7/2.

gomez starting. just taken that pp enhanced special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Boateng, De Rossi and Balotelli all to be booked.
    Germany HT/FT

Advertisement