Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

lost 25 on the germans, sour enough to be honest. shock of the tournament.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Formation wrote: »
    Prices up

spain 8/15
    italy 6/4
    draw 9/4

unders 4/9
    overs 13/8

was really expecting at least 8/11 on spain.

they are pathetic odds on spain for a euro final.

italy +1 would be a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Formation wrote: »
    Prices up

spain 8/15
    italy 6/4
    draw 9/4

unders 4/9
    overs 13/8

was really expecting at least 8/11 on spain.

Where are you getting those terrible prices?

Spain @2.10.
    Draw @3.25.
    Italy @3.80.

PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Pirlo 2/1 player of the tournament looks like a banker to me.

Iniesta 5/4.

Any thoughts? Is it a lump on bet? I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

ft9 wrote: »
    Pirlo 2/1 player of the tournament looks like a banker to me.

Iniesta 5/4.

Any thoughts? Is it a lump on bet? I think so.

WHERE?????

Edit: 9/4 in William Hill. Sweet mother of divine jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭EDudder

Raging. Put a 4 team top goal scorers on. Should have returned 40 euro, but because some (like rooney) drew as top goal scorers it only returned 2.64.

wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Those were the prices on paddypower.mobi at the time of posting. Odds fixed now. Savage overround:)

too hard to pick a winner so will focus on the side markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

lads. is there anything I should do here or let it ride, for top goalscorer i have:

€30 @ 15/1 -Alan Dzagoev
    €10 @ 7/1 - Mario Balotelli

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    WHERE?????

Edit: 9/4 in William Hill. Sweet mother of divine jesus

Gone 11/8 now. Was just depositing for the 3rd time when the price changed, sickened. Got a nice few quid on though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Gone 11/8 now. Was just depositing for the 3rd time when the price changed, sickened. Got a nice few quid on though

Jealous? :P haha

Unfortunately had Germany outright and Gomez/Germany so that eats into the profit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Jealous? :P haha

Unfortunately had Germany outright and Gomez/Germany so that eats into the profit.

You going to cover yourself with that Pirlo bet?

If Spain win and Iniesta plays very well in the final (good enough chance) then he could easily get it.

Only Iniesta and Pirlo can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

**** it... Italy to win on sunday 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Radonman wrote: »
    First Half Card Index
    Under 20 points @ 5/6

Hopefuly the lienient reffing will continue:p

And
    Second Half Card Index
    Over 20 points @ 8/13
    If I only wouldn't waste my money on Finnish game before :mad: Really liked it before match and really happy both went through for you. Great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

BKC wrote: »
    I'm not betting tonight but if I was I would go with BTTS No @1.66.

Good thing I wasn't betting. Last minute penalty would have been sickening...

Blatter wrote: »
    You going to cover yourself with that Pirlo bet?

If Spain win and Iniesta plays very well in the final (good enough chance) then he could easily get it.

Only Iniesta and Pirlo can get it.

Not sure I will see what odds I can get come sunday.

Really can't see Iniesta getting it. Pirlo would have to have a disaster of a game and Iniesta would play a vital role in a few Spain goals (although not unlikely) to have any chance imo.

When is player of the tournament announced does anyone know? Also how is it actually chosen?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

The more I think about it the more I like Italy +1 at 8/11

will be the only bet but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Pretty soon after the final and by panel afaik.
    I think they even honour the player after the final, not 100% sure though
    So you are basically gambling on a jury sport. I hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

When is player of the tournament announced does anyone know? Also how is it actually chosen?

I think its chosen before the final whistle sometime and the press decide by votes but dont quote me Im just going by memory from the world cup
    and could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I think its chosen before the final whistle sometime and the press decide by votes but dont quote me Im just going by memory from the world cup
    and could be wrong.

I think the winner is picked before the final and not announced until afterwards.

If memory serves me right didn't Zidane win player of the tournament in the World Cup in 2006 despite being sent off in the final?

• Advertisement

The reason/way Zidane was sent off would only add points for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I like Iniesta to be player of the tournament at 14/1. I'm not just going by his performance against a well-organised China. I just reckon he'll run the show yet again in Spain's midfield and have a great Euros.
    Hope he has a cracker on Sunday. Shame I put just a 5er on. Momentum certainly with Pirlo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Seems bets are an everyday learner in more ways than one was just told that injury time doesn't count is that true? For example you back a team to win 4-1 with the opposition scoring that 1 after the 90?

I think there is a bookie that will void your bet if the bet is winning in the 90th minute but you get screwed over in injury time.

Other than that, injury time counts if you bet is over 90 minutes.
    Extra time is a different story

francie81 wrote: »
    Seems bets are an everyday learner in more ways than one was just told that injury time doesn't count is that true? For example you back a team to win 4-1 with the opposition scoring that 1 after the 90?

As infoforfun stated, Paddypower do a special sometimes where if a injury time goal makes your bet a loser you get your stake back however all the others injury time counts

As infoforfun stated, Paddypower do a special sometimes where if a injury time goal makes your bet a loser you get your stake back however all the others injury time counts

Ok so if i backed a team to win 4-1 and it was 4-0 up to the 90 with the opposition scoring an injury time goal 4-1 it still counts?

inforfun wrote: »
    I think there is a bookie that will void your bet if the bet is winning in the 90th minute but you get screwed over in injury time.

Other than that, injury time counts if you bet is over 90 minutes.
    Extra time is a different story

Yeah I was thinking that cheers.

Ok so if i backed a team to win 4-1 and it was 4-0 up to the 90 with the opposition scoring an injury time goal 4-1 it still counts?

Yes! Just as if you backed 4-0 and in injury time a goal was scored you're bet would be a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

they probably meant extra time not injury time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Germany losing has fecked a lot of bets again. I had a Spain Ger final backed at 16/5 before the 1/4s. In truth Spain were lucky not to lose too. A good tournament for the bookies.
    Prandelli has done a great job with Italy. Before the tournament he wrote off their chances, killed all expectation. Trap talked of Ire winning it.
    Still a team that is well organised and in form can get on a run and do v well. Nobody was tipping Italy at start of tournament. Italians have been lucky. They have yet to go behind in a game. If Spain get ahead be v hard for them to get back into game.

Advertisement