Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

double GG wrote: »
    Sorry for the completely newb question, but I have money on Ronaldo top scorer @14-1 , he is currently level with 3 other players. lets say neither of them score again and all stay on 3 goals. Who wins?

in the world cup thomas muller was officially given the golden boot after he finished level on 5 goals with four others because he had the most assists out of them

& that was the way some bookies decided it too i think, i'm not sure if they all did

atm gomez has 1 & ronaldo 0, the other's who're out have 0 as well

so if neither score again or get any more assists, i'd say gomez will get it, although i'm not sure if they've changed the format

EDIT: if their level it goes to number of assists, then if their still level whoever has played the fewest minutes - atm that's gomez as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

batistuta9 wrote: »
    in the world cup thomas muller was officially given the golden boot after he finished level on 5 goals with four others because he had the most assists out of them

& that was the way some bookies decided it too i think, i'm not sure if they all did

IIRC Paddypower split it 5 ways and paid out a fifth of your winnings. I had David Villa down, I was a very angry boy that night at Oxegen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Am I mental in thinking a little sneaky bet on a Ronaldo wincast 11/2 may be worth it?..

..might even add it to a Gomez wincast 12/5

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Gone with a double of Spain and Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

deano546 wrote: »
    I know its early yet, but any tips for the Germany Italy match?

Also, if I put 30 on Germany (-0.5, -1.0) would that basically be 15 on Germany to win and 15 on Germany -1?

Yeah pretty much, but if Germany win by 1 goal you are paid out on a win with half your stake and the other half is refunded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I really can't look past a germany and spain double... As great as ronaldo has been he's just not going to see enough of the ball and he'll get frustrated.
    Germany should take care of a tired italian team (only game italy have won was against us)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I was surprised to both Germany and Spain 10/11 to win in 90 minutes.

I think Germany are a way better bet than Spain tho at the prices to win in the 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Formation wrote: »
    Spain v germany final

I'm shocked to say this but paddy p is currently industry best price for this at 2.1

Am I mental in thinking a little sneaky bet on a Ronaldo wincast 11/2 may be worth it?..

..might even add it to a Gomez wincast 12/5

that is a really terrible price on the ronaldo wincast

you can actually get that price on ronaldo to score and portugal NOT to win with sportingbet.

Gomez wincast can be gotten at 11/4.

inforfun wrote: »
    Need to find a way to secure profit here.
    Obvious thing is England to qualify @1.9

Could use the free in game bet of bet365 for that but then i need a safe-as-possible pre game bet.
    Over 0.5 goals in the match @1.12 to activate the free bet and the only risk i run not to make profit is a 0-0 and then Italy to qualify via ET or penalties.

There has been no 0-0 yet in the tournament and that scares me....

Anyone any better ideas?
    this game could well end in a scoreless draw in normal time. Seen someone mention under 3.5 second half goals as the first bet obviously which would be a good way to go.

the most obvious way to lock in a profit (as italy winning in et or penos loses with your original idea) is to bet the exact opposite of your original bet - lay italy in normal time on betfair.

ya didn't?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Portugal to beat a very tired Spanish team yous heard it here first :D really though nobody it seems here are giving Portugal a chance Paulo Bento has worked wonders since he took charge, if Ronaldo gets the right balls in his path I fear for Arbeloa.

50 double on spain 2-0 and germany 2-1 @ 67/1

50 on spain germany final @ 11/10

felt like playing the bingo when I cashed in a nice acc today.

e3,505. Could come in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

50 double on spain 2-0 and germany 2-1 @ 67/1

That is a terrible value bet...

You're probably right but felt like going with a long shot as nothing else interested me in those matches.

What do you think the correct odds are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

You're probably right but felt like going with a long shot as nothing else interested me in those matches.

What do you think the correct odds are?

I don't know, I'm only messing with you... ;)

Figured that. Correct score bets are brutal, i can only imagine the overround in that double. Still, if you're not in you cant win...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

tbh the value in staight wins is crap, and no gurantees either germany or spain will win.

going for outlandish bets is as good as any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

francie81 wrote: »
    Portugal to beat a very tired Spanish team yous heard it here first :D really though nobody it seems here are giving Portugal a chance Paulo Bento has worked wonders since he took charge, if Ronaldo gets the right balls in his path I fear for Arbeloa.
    I agree Portugal are a very solid team,defensivly sound and led by an on fire Ronaldo they have a great chance.Really looking forward to this latin derby.Sparks shall fly.:D

Portugal to qualify @7/4
    Over 50pts card index @13/10
    Correct score 0-0 @6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Large stake on both Spain and Germany to win the game in 90 minutes and small stake on the double. Haven't let me down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

I agree Portugal are a very solid team,defensivly sound and led by an on fire Ronaldo they have a great chance.Really looking forward to this latin derby.Sparks shall fly.:D

Portugal to qualify @7/4
    Over 50pts card index @13/10
    Correct score 0-0 @6/1

Can't wait for it myself I dunno but I just had that feeling for Portugal @13/2 therefore put my money where my mouth is as you do :D

• Advertisement

To be fair we are coming across as a bunch of mystic megs rather than people who can analyse a game. Neither game is a good game to bet. Far better value to be found in fridays loi matches but thats hardly going to stop us:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

To be fair we are coming across as a bunch of mystic megs rather than people who can analyse a game. Neither game is a good game to bet. Far better value to be found in fridays loi matches but thats hardly going to stop us:)

This is so true (for the whole tournament). I had more luck on the horses in the past few weeks than I had betting on the Euro's, and the Horses are usually a crap shoot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

tinodz wrote: »
    This is so true (for the whole tournament). I had more luck on the horses in the past few weeks than I had betting on the Euro's, and the Horses are usually a crap shoot for me.

tbf I called all the 1/4 final games... Im confident spain and germany will be in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Shane St. wrote: »
    tbf I called all the 1/4 final games... Im confident spain and germany will be in the final

Personally, I have been useless, and other than a few saving bets (UFC, Ascot, Aussie Racing, and Osters), I would be very much in the red.

I'll probably copy your Spain and Germany bet (as a Double), and see where it gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Ya i called all the quarter finals right too.
    Some of the earlier games were impossible to call tho, i have a 64% success rate so far. not great

kev250 wrote: »
    Ya i called all the quarter finals right too.
    Some of the earlier games were impossible to call tho, i have a 64% success rate so far. not great
    depends on the odds

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

ya didn't?:D

Nope, i just let it run. Was a free bet to start with. Would of course have felt appreciated it if it had won.
    I am a bit of a sucker for stats and the fact there wasnt a 0-0 in the tournament yet, scared me off. And rightly so.

Looked into betfair as well, btw. Will play around with it a bit for when i run into a similar situation.

Website looks different from the last time i checked it out. Bit more clear to me now.

inforfun wrote: »
    Nope, i just let it run. Was a free bet to start with. Would of course have felt appreciated it if it had won.
    I am a bit of a sucker for stats and the fact there wasnt a 0-0 in the tournament yet, scared me off. And rightly so.

Looked into betfair as well, btw. Will play around with it a bit for when i run into a similar situation.

Website looks different from the last time i checked it out. Bit more clear to me now.
    80%+ of the time you will get better odds on betfair for your singles so it could be worth making it your first stop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Only bet on the 1/2 final done so far:

Germany\Spain in 90 mins
    Over 10 corners in the German match
    Under 11 corners in the Spain match

Worked out around @15/16 iirc

Had a nice profit on a single under 50 points when Spain played France.
    Doubled it with under 11 corners in the same match, which also came in.

Straight wins there hasnt been much value in the Euros but cards and corners have been profitable to me so far.

Refs are Cakir for Portugal - Spain according to soccerway.
    Guy did 2 matches so far in Euro2012.
    Bit in consistent, 2 cards only at Ukraine - Sweden but he handed them out nicely during Italy - Ireland, 6 yellow, 1 red.
    Think he is capable of losing the plot when tempers will raise.

Lannoy is doing Germany - Italy.
    Also had 2 matches, Greece - Czech rep, 6 cards
    Germany - Portugal, 4

I think i ll leave the cards for in play. Hope it all starts quiet, odds go up a bit or amount of cards are dropping and then go for it.

The thought has popped in m mind that UEFA has ordered the refs to be careful with the cards in order not to have 7 players suspended for a final again.
    But well, it is only a thought.

If one or both those matches go all the way to penalties:

Germany had 6, won 5, lost 1
    Portugal been in 2, won both
    Italy had 8, won 3, lost 5 (2 of those 3 won were against England and Holland, who are on 1 in 6 and 1 in 5 wins)
    Spain had 6, won 3, lost 3

These were all at Euro and WC finals

Might be worth to put some money on a Germany - Portugal final?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

I put €20 on italy to win euro 2012 @14/1 just now.They are a massive price considering they just have to beat ireland to qualify and the way ireland have played it should be easy for italy.Ireland are out and have nothing to play for and italy are always dangerous in the knockout stages.

Italy down to 6/1 now and just reading some posts on here i can't help but laugh.I can't believe people think germany will hammer italy.

Advertisement