Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So WI tomorrow and absolutely dreading it. Was up 1lb last week and instead of using it as motivation for this week I totally lost the run of myself and have not tracked at all.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Monife wrote: »
    m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all... Was a regular on this up until a few months ago.. Then I kinda dropped out of WW, and have been on a binge since :(. I'm unsure as to how much I've put on, and dreading weighing myself, I haven't noticed in my clothes- so maybe it's not as bad as I'm thinking!?

Anyway just was hoping for some advice as I plan on getting back on track from Monday.. Was thinking of trying the F&H, anybody here doing it?
    God in so disappointed in myself for not staying at it :(

Hi m'lady. Welcome back! :)

First step, in my opinion, is to get weighed and see if there is any damage. From there, it is a new start. Plan what meals you are going to have, make a shopping list and get all your ingredients in. If you haven't been exercising, ease yourself in gently. Try not to feel guilty as it will only make you more negative and feel worse about yourself, which can send people into a worse spiral. Just start afresh, make sure you track everything and weigh your carbs and things that are high in fat, like cheese.

I have not tried F&H myself as I don't think I have the self control.

Best of luck :) I went off plan in August and didn't climb back onto the wagon properly until January this year. I still haven't lost much but I am trying.

Thanks Monife, everything you say makes so much sense! I will weigh myself later on, and sit down and make a plan of action. I'm not sure whether to join WW again or maybe do a few weeks myself, I have all the books and I know what I should do, or maybe I'll just rejoin for the support and knowing I'll be getting weighed in..
    I know what my problem is, while I'm a self confessed clean freak, and will clean the house all day, I'm a lazy cow when it comes to cooking, I hate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Thanks Monife, everything you say makes so much sense! I will weigh myself later on, and sit down and make a plan of action. I'm not sure whether to join WW again or maybe do a few weeks myself, I have all the books and I know what I should do, or maybe I'll just rejoin for the support and knowing I'll be getting weighed in..
    I know what my problem is, while I'm a self confessed clean freak, and will clean the house all day, I'm a lazy cow when it comes to cooking, I hate it!

Oh my days, I cannot seem to get back on track! I am going to try my hardest again tomorrow! I don't have the money at the moment to go to weekly classes so I'm going to do it myself for a while at home, weigh in every Monday evening and see how that goes!

I'm hoping to use this forum as support.. Here's hoping I can get back on track asap as I have my birthday coming up soon and I'd like to have another little bit gone by then =)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

well i am back...........and more of me.. this time last year i was told i had breast cancer. :eek: shock or what. but at that time i had nearly lost 2st. all went out the window when chemo started cos me taste buds were erotic that i couldnt eat normal food so i found that PRINGLES were great for me buds., havent stopped since. its so true that if you pop you cant stop. went back to weight watchers last week ALL OF 26ST of me. wasnt a shock. ive being so good all week . trying out new reciepes, .today was the first time i had icecream in a week. ,i dont have the same food every day , didnt have bread all week and i dont feel tired after a feed of fresh white rolls like i usualy DID..If i were to have bread it would a wrap. . i keep points for at night cos thats when im peckish ,i know i have loads to lose . then i go to my facebook page and read my friends kind words to spur me on. my first weigh in is on tuesday morning:cool: cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

cats.life wrote: »
    well i am back...........and more of me.. this time last year i was told i had breast cancer. :eek: shock or what. but at that time i had nearly lost 2st. all went out the window when chemo started cos me taste buds were erotic that i couldnt eat normal food so i found that PRINGLES were great for me buds., havent stopped since. its so true that if you pop you cant stop. went back to weight watchers last week ALL OF 26ST of me. wasnt a shock. ive being so good all week . trying out new reciepes, .today was the first time i had icecream in a week. ,i dont have the same food every day , didnt have bread all week and i dont feel tired after a feed of fresh white rolls like i usualy DID..If i were to have bread it would a wrap. . i keep points for at night cos thats when im peckish ,i know i have loads to lose . then i go to my facebook page and read my friends kind words to spur me on. my first weigh in is on tuesday morning:cool: cant wait.

Welcome back cats.life, hope you are feeling well. you sound very determined so im sure you will do fantastic! there is always great support on this thread also, and a lot of people here with brilliant weight losses, so you will always find encouragement here also. best of luck with your first weigh in!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Hope you are doing okay now! And good luck with starting back ww!

I haven't had the best week at al >.< been so lazy and unmotivated so cooking/eating well went out the window. Hope to get back on track properly tomorrow.

Has anyone any tips of good healthy things to have in stock for times when lack of motivation strikes? I tend to buy stuff as I need it so never have a whole lot in the house. Takeaway seems all too easy to ring then >__<

I haven't had the best week at al >.< been so lazy and unmotivated so cooking/eating well went out the window. Hope to get back on track properly tomorrow.

Has anyone any tips for good healthy things to have in stock for times when lack of motivation strikes? I tend to buy stuff as I need it so never have a whole lot in the house. Takeaway seems all too easy to ring then >__<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Has anyone any tips for good healthy things to have in stock for times when lack of motivation strikes? I tend to buy stuff as I need it so never have a whole lot in the house. Takeaway seems all too easy to ring then >__<

It's always good to cook extra portions of things that freeze well. Also, I always have flavoured (salt and vinegar) rice cakes, light cream cheese, tuna, pasta, low fat cheese. The M&S count on us meals are tasty and low in PP, good to have in the freezer. WW pizza is also good to have in the freezer, especially if you are no mood for healthy food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Monife wrote: »

It's always good to cook extra portions of things that freeze well. Also, I always have flavoured (salt and vinegar) rice cakes, light cream cheese, tuna, pasta, low fat cheese. The M&S count on us meals are tasty and low in PP, good to have in the freezer. WW pizza is also good to have in the freezer, especially if you are no mood for healthy food.

I second all of that but if you are looking for m&s meals I also recommend the simply fuller longer range. Also low in points, much tastier and made of better stuff. I did a review of some of them and some of the count on us on my blog. Freezing extra portions is a big one I do too- risotto and lasagne are brilliant for that. Tins of chopped tomatoes and dried herbs/spices, great for speedy pasta sauce. Tina of tuna to throw into the sauce or jut to have with rice cakes or crackers. straight to wok noodles and soy sauce are also great to have in and keep a bag of frozen stir fry veg handy- its a 5min dinner. Tinned fruit is great to have when you are craving sweet things too! They are my staples anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Has anyone any tips of good healthy things to have in stock for times when lack of motivation strikes? I tend to buy stuff as I need it so never have a whole lot in the house. Takeaway seems all too easy to ring then >__<

I agree with Monife about having a few bits in the freezer. I'd always have chicken fillets, and a few pieces of fish in the freezer. Also, I often make pizza from scratch with a ww recipe I got in a magazine, and it makes 4 pizzas, so if we only use two, I'd have two portions in the freezer- tinned chopped tomatoes, and a bit of cheese, along with some ham and mushrooms, and there's a fab dinner in no time!!! I'd also have homemade burgers in the freezer too ready to go!!!

It's really important to have a bit of a plan. Some people make their plan weekly, but I tend to sit down the night before and decide what I'll have for lunch and dinner. Maybe even fill out your tracker in advance for your meals, and see what's left over for snacks/treats.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much guys, that's really helpful! My food/eating habits haven't been good for years, so I kinda have no idea about what sort of things to eat for times like this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Have had a rubbish two weeks but am back on track today. Hope I can undo some damage so that I'm not up too much at WI on thurs. It'll defo be a gain of a couple of pounds tho :-/

Would ppl mind posting links to their blogs please. I used to have them all saved as bookmarks on my phone but they've somehow disappeared!!! They are great for receipe ideas etc.

Thanks x

Boop22 wrote: »
    Have had a rubbish two weeks but am back on track today. Hope I can undo some damage so that I'm not up too much at WI on thurs. It'll defo be a gain of a couple of pounds tho :-/

Would ppl mind posting links to their blogs please. I used to have them all saved as bookmarks on my phone but they've somehow disappeared!!! They are great for receipe ideas etc.

Thanks x

mines here http://59lbstogo.blogspot.com/

4 days is def time to do some damage control. Best of luck with it.

Had a good week but had a bit of a binge this evening. Have a few weeklies left ahead of WI on tuesday, but have been feeling pretty bloated. Gonna be 100% tomorrow and tuesday and hope for the best. DOing a big wardrobe celan out now, getting rid of anything thats too big or anything that is too small and far too young for me - yes its been a few years since i was slim lol. ive been doing it slowly for the past few weeks and nearly done. Turned it into a total spring clean and am going through everything. Its quite therapeutic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Megan Quinn

Hi can anybody tell me how many pro point their is in sweet treat. I have a sweet teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Well Guys, after 25 weeks and 39 lbs I’ve done it and reached goal. I’ve gone from a size 16 to a size 12. I haven’t posted here in a good while, but I have been checking in regularly to keep myself motivated. I did WW @H, and my gold card will be arriving in the post in a few weeks time!! I’m walking around with a big grin on my face, the loss has been steady and gradual but to finally reach the goal I set myself is such a great feeling. The last time I felt like this was when I got the results of my Masters. At that time a friend said to me that I feel that good because I put the effort in and got the results I deserved, and it’s the same with weight loss. If you put the effort in you will get the results you deserve. So, how did I do it. Was I a slave to dieting? No. I made a few changes to eat healthier, I looked at portion control, but other than that I lived my life as I normally would. If I was going out with friends I would make sure to be extra good during the week and not touch my weeklies so that I could enjoy a few drinks or a dinner out and not feel guilty afterwards. If I went over points I acknowledged it and moved on, making sure to track everything. Everyone says that tracking everything is the most important thing, and it is. It is too easy to fool ourselves into thinking we have eaten less then we have.
    And now on to the next stage of my journey – maintenance. I’m a bit scared as I hadn’t really noticed the weight going on last time, and I’m worried it can happen again. But armed with all the things I’ve learned about myself over the past 6 months I know that if I see it creeping up, I’ll just get strict with myself on WW and bring it back down again. Best of luck to all the rest of you with your journeys, it’s not easy, but it can be done. Sorry for the long post, but I’m just so happy and I wanted to share it with you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Casher wrote: »
    Well Guys, after 25 weeks and 39 lbs I’ve done it and reached goal. I’ve gone from a size 16 to a size 12. I haven’t posted here in a good while, but I have been checking in regularly to keep myself motivated. I did WW @H, and my gold card will be arriving in the post in a few weeks time!! I’m walking around with a big grin on my face, the loss has been steady and gradual but to finally reach the goal I set myself is such a great feeling. The last time I felt like this was when I got the results of my Masters. At that time a friend said to me that I feel that good because I put the effort in and got the results I deserved, and it’s the same with weight loss. If you put the effort in you will get the results you deserve. So, how did I do it. Was I a slave to dieting? No. I made a few changes to eat healthier, I looked at portion control, but other than that I lived my life as I normally would. If I was going out with friends I would make sure to be extra good during the week and not touch my weeklies so that I could enjoy a few drinks or a dinner out and not feel guilty afterwards. If I went over points I acknowledged it and moved on, making sure to track everything. Everyone says that tracking everything is the most important thing, and it is. It is too easy to fool ourselves into thinking we have eaten less then we have.
    And now on to the next stage of my journey – maintenance. I’m a bit scared as I hadn’t really noticed the weight going on last time, and I’m worried it can happen again. But armed with all the things I’ve learned about myself over the past 6 months I know that if I see it creeping up, I’ll just get strict with myself on WW and bring it back down again. Best of luck to all the rest of you with your journeys, it’s not easy, but it can be done. Sorry for the long post, but I’m just so happy and I wanted to share it with you all.

What an inspiration! Well done you :D I got the results of my Masters today so I know the feeling you're on about! Have my thesis to write over the next few weeks but the exam results have really boosted me. Also my bridesmaid dress arrived yesterday...eeek! 8 weeks to go so it's onwards and downwards with the weight. Hope to have 7 pounds gone by the wedding....keeping positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Hey all... Was a regular on this up until a few months ago.. Then I kinda dropped out of WW, and have been on a binge since :(. I'm unsure as to how much I've put on, and dreading weighing myself, I haven't noticed in my clothes- so maybe it's not as bad as I'm thinking!?

Anyway just was hoping for some advice as I plan on getting back on track from Monday.. Was thinking of trying the F&H, anybody here doing it?
    God in so disappointed in myself for not staying at it :(

I'm in the very same boat as yourself m'lady, I had lost almost a stone up 2 xmas but cud neva fully get bac on track afta it, I was up a weel down a week 4 awhile and then slowly but surly the weight piled back on and now I'm bac 2 where I started last october!! So dissapointed and mainly p**sed off with myself because I know exactly what I didn wrong and even as I was eating away I cud hear the lil voice in my head screaming at me!!! But iv hit rock bottem now, my size 12jeans I bought @ xmas don't fit, lots of my tops make me feel so fat n self conscious wearing um that I'm wearin hoodies all the time, it stops here.

Back on the wagon 2day and goin bac 2 WW classes 2mr, goin to a different class that I used to the 1 I used 2 go to because its slightly nearer my house, hopefully the leader wil b good, the 1 I had before was only alright, not a bad leader, but by no means a great 1 either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi guys,

Just had a handful of pistachio nuts (15 maybe) and I was wondering if anyone would have any idea of the pro points?
    I don't have my little purple book and I can't seem to find any information online.

Any help at all would be great =)

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just had a handful of pistachio nuts (15 maybe) and I was wondering if anyone would have any idea of the pro points?
    I don't have my little purple book and I can't seem to find any information online.

Any help at all would be great =)

Purple book says 15 is 3pp

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Just had a pork, turkey and chorizo burger for dinner. Found the recipe when I was flicking through old WW mags and supplements from the paper. Trying to vary my meals to make things more interesting...was stuck in a major food rut. Anywho, they are lovely. If anyone wants the recipe I'll post if for them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hi I would like that recipe, I'd love to add to my store of recipes as nice ones are hard to come by!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi can anybody tell me how many pro point their is in sweet treat. I have a sweet teeth

If you tell us the name of the treat we might know the PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Have serious munchies today. Don't know what has gotten into me. Think it might be the lack of protein in my dinner this eve, which I'm soooo not used to. Had "cheats fresh pasta" from jamie's ministry of food book. Really yum, and v pp friendly... No meat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Hey guys! I have been very quiet the last week. I was up 0.5 at my last weigh in but then I had a really bad week, completely out of routine and then I went to Portugal for the weekend. I had an insane weekend where I literally drank soooo much. Didn't eat that much though :rolleyes:

The best thing was spending the day on my aunts boat surrounded by friends and everybody saying I had lost weight. I had only lost 8.5 lbs so I didn't think anybody would notice but then I felt great. There were photos of me in a bikini and they are now on facebook and I didn't even detag myself :eek::eek::eek: And I don't think there is a better feeling than seeing an ex boyfriend when you feel good about yourself. :p

But sure now I have to face reality and have my weigh-in at lunch time. I am ready to accept whatever damage I did and so determined to keep going.

As I kept telling everyone "I'm not there yet but I am getting there"

If you're on instagram check out the photos I posted, my username is Siobhsies

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Sorry if this is here already but does anyone have any idea what points are in Swiss Cheese slices? I can't find it anywhere

Would love that recipe ShindyB - sounds delish.

Have my WI tonight and the nerves are kicking in. That bloated feeling has arrived and i just feel heavy today. Ive been good, still have a couple of weeklies left. Have 2.5lbs to go til my next silver 7 and i really wanted it by July - its doable if i have a good loss tonight and next week but i may need to revaluate that! I'm still all shaken up after my gain 2 weeks ago, even though i was back on track last week it seriously knocked my confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Was doing really good yesterday, 1st day back on track until jus befor my dinner I started to feel really ill, could only manage 2bites of dinner, then had 2 go lie down. Felt awful all evening and went 2 bed @ half 9!! Had a peek on the scales 2 perpare me 4 goin bac 2 WW meetings 2nyt, only to discover that I was down 3lbs, I'm putin that down to getin sick last night, iv just gota becareful I don't put tHat back on as quickly, tho no fear of that 2day, appatite is very poor, still don't think I'm 100%!!

Can someone refresh my head on the egg situation....I had 1whole egg + 1 white scrambled 4 brekkie, is that 2pp or 3pp because there was 2 whites??

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Danii86 wrote: »
    Was doing really good yesterday, 1st day back on track until jus befor my dinner I started to feel really ill, could only manage 2bites of dinner, then had 2 go lie down. Felt awful all evening and went 2 bed @ half 9!! Had a peek on the scales 2 perpare me 4 goin bac 2 WW meetings 2nyt, only to discover that I was down 3lbs, I'm putin that down to getin sick last night, iv just gota becareful I don't put tHat back on as quickly, tho no fear of that 2day, appatite is very poor, still don't think I'm 100%!!

Can someone refresh my head on the egg situation....I had 1whole egg + 1 white scrambled 4 brekkie, is that 2pp or 3pp because there was 2 whites??
    if egg is medium its 2pp. whites are nothing, big egg is 3pp... only lost 1 and half pound , first weigh in after starting last week. im on hormon tablets for breast cancer so it will be slow coming of this time.. must drink more water though , im retaining lots so i,ll turn into a fish.;)..that 3 pound of a loss couldnt be just from one day sick op???:eek: wow you must have done better than you thought during the week.

Danii86 wrote: »

Our leader siad last week 1 extra white is 0 but 2 extra whites is one - so her take is you count the whites completely separately to the whole eggs. Id be a bit nervous of that myself and prob just give it the extra pp to be sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I was down a pound at WI! :eek::eek::D:confused:confused:

I am going to put it down to not eating much all weekend and doing a lot of unrewarded work the week before. Have to be careful though because maybe the weekend hasn't hit yet.

But between the compliments at the weekend and going down at WI I am feeling really positive! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement