Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clamped!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This is one time when the internets benefits the human race! Well done lads. Absolute legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

For the record drummerboy stood snd watched, myself and kildare did the work!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

And I just took the pics. No work from me boyo ;)

Also for the record, never have drummerboy as a look out ever. Guards were already in the car park and had finished doing a u-turn when he says, guards lads. lol

Yawns wrote: »
    Also for the record, never have drummerboy as a look out ever. Guards were already in the car park and had finished doing a u-turn when he says, guards lads. lol

If they were in uniform he'd have spotted them, not that they'd stand out more, just he likes that sort of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fair play lads. You should be on boards.ie motor wall of fame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Fair play lads. You should be on boards.ie motor wall of fame!

+1 its nice to have some intresting reading at this hour..:D

-Corkie- wrote: »
    +1 its nice to have some intresting reading at this hour..:D

Had few spare minutes just before work, had to get to boards.ie and see how it all ended up. I was like a spoiled child last night as I wanted to hear how it all ends up, but I had to go to bed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Nice one them ***** clamped my wife at 9pm in naas,she was 8 months pregnant and pissing with rain,she paid the €6 euro all day parking behind her work like she does everyday but for some reason the machine only took €4 and she never bothered to check.She rang them to say she had no money on her but works in naas everyday and was pregnant could they remove it and she pay next morning.
    Bloke on the phone told her to **** of and get a taxi and to not ring again until she had the money.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Nice one them ***** clamped my wife at 9pm in naas,she was 8 months pregnant and pissing with rain,she paid the €6 euro all day parking behind her work like she does everyday but for some reason the machine only took €4 and she never bothered to check.She rang them to say she had no money on her but works in naas everyday and was pregnant could they remove it and she pay next morning.
    Bloke on the phone told her to **** of and get a taxi and to not ring again until she had the money.:mad:
    What they do normally is bad enough but thats just pure scum right there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

No doubt this story will be told in work/school/college today by everyone who has read this thread.

Just when you've lost all faith in people in general, something like this happens. Well done lads. Well bloody done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

This was in december 2010 and was €120 to get it removed. :(

This was in december 2010 and was €120 to get it removed. :(
    I think its still €120 in superquinn overflow and up the top end if the town accross from eurospar!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This thread will also forever be known as the renaming of drummerboy to bummerboy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Non motors forum dude here...

Great thread lads! Well done to the protagonists!

Good work lads,
    Im also available for clamp removals around Naas if anybody needs a dig out/tools during evenings or weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I'd love to see this kind of thing happen on a large scale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

What a great thread. Well done lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Would you lads consider running a night-class on clamp removal?

• Advertisement

We could have a thread named "your local boards.ie clamp removers!".
    Feck, I would even pay full price of clamp removing to a fella from boards.ie, then give it to those scumbags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I'd love to see this kind of thing happen on a large scale
    Well this is a good start. I have a feeling that if for example a few lads in naas started removing a lot of clamps, its not the cops or the courts system that would be involved, more a case of being threatened in the night by thugs to give it up given the type of scum that run these operations.

mickdw wrote: »
    Well this is a good start. I have a feeling that if for example a few lads in naas started removing a lot of clamps, its not the cops or the courts system that would be involved, more a case of being threatened in the night by thugs to give it up given the type of scum that run these operations.
    Thugs that are intimidating to pregnant woman, young people, old people, people who dont know any better. These thugs would have been laughed at if they showed up last night and ill be handing back the clamp this evening with a big smile on my face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Gary ITR wrote: »
    For the record drummerboy stood snd watched, myself and kildare did the work!

Every job needs a leader, a management figure if you will

;)

Thugs that are intimidating to pregnant woman, young people, old people, people who dont know any better. These thugs would have been laughed at if they showed up last night and ill be handing back the clamp this evening with a big smile on my face

Absolutely. I'm just saying that if for example you became known as the guy who was closing them down by removing 5 or 6 clamps per day, you might well be visited by an even lower grade of scum than the clampers themselves. Don't underestimate the money spinner this is and what they would do to protect it. Again I'm only talking about the case where someone would go all out to destroy them.
    In this case or any other random clamp removal, yes handing them the clamp would be quite funny.

Lads, do they use some special locks to hold the chain? Or some special key they have?

What if just cut the lock an buy new one in the shop for few quid. Surely they are not trying to put key inside as soon as you drop that on their table? If you feel generous you can even drop a key behind you lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Lads, do they use some special locks to hold the chain? Or some special key they have?

What if just cut the lock an buy new one in the shop for few quid. Surely they are not trying to put key inside as soon as you drop that on their table? If you feel generous you can even drop a key behind you lol.

The reason why I said to buy a new lock is to show that you have put right any damage caused.
    The lads here got the clamp off by removing the wheel from the ball-joint.

The guards did say last night not to damage it because they could try do us for criminal damage. The locks are not cheap that they use and i would guess it would be cheaper to pay the declamp fee than buy a new one! Best to do no damage and stay on the right side of the law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Lads, what we need is some training! Teach everyone how to do this and we can have people helping to remove these scumbag's clamps. If I had the know-how, I'd be happy to help people do this in Cork City/East Cork. Inspirational vigilantism in this thread.

Remove a man's clamp, free him for a day. Teach a man to remove a clamp, free him for a lifetime :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Please fill the lock with superglue before returning the clamp :) It'll still be undamaged :D

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

This was quality lads, fair play for helping the OP out and saving the clampers the hassle of removing the clamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

a_v525 wrote: »
    Hey all you Naas dwellers, for future reference the multi-story in town (accross the road from where the OP parked) gives you 20mins free parking!

Have done it 4 times to go to the BOI up the road & have always been back in time.

actually you get 30mins, use it to drop kids to school. Just put the ticket in the machine upon leaving carpark on your errand and you then have 30mins to exit for free..

W.

Marlow wrote: »
    Please fill the lock with superglue before returning the clamp :) It'll still be undamaged :D

/M

Unfortunately that would be damaging the lock and as the guards have some details it would be a silly thing to do. Best to allow NCPS to collect the undamaged clamp and to smile at them. Get a pic if possible at all of handing it back and we'll add it to the list :D

Even if it's just the clamper walking away back to his van with clamp in hand will do. It will round the story off perfectly.

Ag ok ill bring a camera man with me so, not a bad idea tho just to prove it went back to the guards if they ask

If you are going to remove a clamp you better be sure what you are doing. Although you are being a good samaritan, if you cause any damage to the car in the process, it could get nasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

I'm guessing this is somewhat how last night went down, minus the polish accents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Yawns wrote: »
    Unfortunately that would be damaging the lock and as the guards have some details it would be a silly thing to do. Best to allow NCPS to collect the undamaged clamp and to smile at them. Get a pic if possible at all of handing it back and we'll add it to the list :D

Even if it's just the clamper walking away back to his van with clamp in hand will do. It will round the story off perfectly.

Or somebody walking into the office clamp in hand with the caption

"excuse me, I found this beside my car I think it might be yours":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

How long did it take one clamper to put the clamp on? And how long did it take you lot to get there, remove the wheel, crawl under the car, disassemble the suspension to remove the clamp, put it all back together, go home, and get yourselves cleaned up afterwards? And you think you won?? All you did was save the OP the trouble of carrying a 50c coin to pay for parking in the first place. ;)

Anan1 wrote: »
    How long did it take one clamper to put the clamp on? And how long did it take you lot to get there, remove the wheel, crawl under the car, disassemble the suspension to remove the clamp, put it all back together, go home, and get yourselves cleaned up afterwards? And you think you won?? All you did was save the OP the trouble of carrying a 50c coin to pay for parking in the first place. ;)
    You really are a miserable sod sometimes. These clampers are bullys, I've seen first hand how aggressive they have been so me hiving up 40 minutes of my time to get one over was well worth it

• Advertisement

You really are a miserable sod sometimes. These clampers are bullys, I've seen first hand how aggressive they have been so me hiving up 40 minutes of my time to get one over was well worth it
    I'm just telling you how it is. OP saved 50c, and you lot spent your evening under a carvan. But hey, whatever floats your boat. ;)

If you read the thread, the OP had no money and was going to the bank. I also doubt parking was as cheap as 50c :rolleyes: Anything to piss off these NCPS **** is a victory in my eyes anyway.

I'm just telling you how it is. OP saved 50c, and you lot spend your evening under a carvan. But hey, whatever floats your boat. ;)
    Getting one over a shower of bullys floats my boat :)

But you didn't get one over on them. The OP got one over on you. For 50c..

Quite an alternative view there! Of course they won.

Clamp company: - €90
    OP: + €90

Not to mention the satisfaction of the outcome.

Whether or not they got one over on the NCPS; the NCPS didn't manage to get one over on the OP which is the main thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Not really Anan.... Clamper had his clamp removed, Lads had the pleasure of pissing off the clampers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

+1 anytime anyone needs an hour (or several) of my time to put one over on these shysters.......count me in!

Quite an alternative view there! Of course they won.

Clamp company: - €90
    OP: + €90

Not to mention the satisfaction of the outcome.
    Dream on - here's how it really is:

The clamp company are down the time it took to fit the clamp.

The OP is up the cost of 20 mins parking.

You lot are down your time and effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Anan1, to me this was a bit of crack and helpin out a young lad. It took 20 minutes to do the job but we were there for about an hour and a half talkin ****e and havin the crack. Not waisted time in my eyes. Like gary said they are bullies and some of the stories her prove that especially the one in this thread with the pregnant woman, thats just wrong!

We did get one over on the clampers because they rang the guards and were smug telling me they were on the way but what happened? We all had a joke about it and i have the clamp in the boot and no one got arrested.

Lucky we're not all as misserable as you but i suppose there is always one :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement