Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clamped!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

For what reason did the Gardai give for wanting to arrest you?
    Also, what did you use to remove it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

When i called ncps to come get the clamp the lad on the phone said just to let you know the guards have been called, i told him they were already here.. Oh right he said well the fine still has to be paid, i said ah no ya can have the clamp back but we are keepin the fine :) actually the best crack iv had in a long time!

antodeco wrote: »
    He couldnt give a reason reckon thats why we all ended up laughin about it!

Tools!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

antodeco wrote: »
    Criminal damage would be the usual stuff the cops would come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

High horse posts removed as trolling for the sake of trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

so how did you do it ?

what's the trick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Yous legends. I was in Naas myself on business and I had a quick nose about to see if I could find ye and I couldn't. where were ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Well done -
    Would be great to see the pics though.

green123 wrote: »
    so how did you do it ?

what's the trick ?
    No trick, wheel off, bolt holding wishbone to hub removed and ball joint popes out. Chain slides off, ball joint put back in, bolt put back in and wheel put back on. Dont try it if your not handy with messin around with cars! Took 2 of us to get the joint out it was that tight

stoneill wrote: »
    Well done -
    Ywans has the pucs give him a xhance to get home!!

• Advertisement

stoneill wrote: »
    Well done -
    Ywans has the pucs give him a xhance to get home!!

You could set up a declampimg business. If i was clamped, I would happily give the money to a charity or some one other than the clampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR31cS85y0ZTQqF8eNR6LmKqVBkhMH-blYqSE0BD_y3dUtioeb3cg
    I love it when a plan comes together, fair play lads, now any chance of helping tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Thread title change with a prefix of "used to be" ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Well done lads.

I know where to come if I'm ever clamped :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

No trick, wheel off, bolt holding wishbone to hub removed and ball joint popes out. Chain slides off, ball joint put back in, bolt put back in and wheel put back on. Dont try it if your not handy with messin around with cars! Took 2 of us to get the joint out it was that tight

same as this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Just thinking if this ever happens to others on here & the guards turn up is there a one liner you can come out with to (politely) tell them what you're doing is legit & you're not breaking any laws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

If I ever get clamped I'm calling ye guys :p

well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Just thinking if this ever happens to others on here & the guards turn up is there a one liner you can come out with to (politely) tell them what you're doing is legit & you're not breaking any laws

No there is no one liner. When the guards stopped with the bulling of I'll arrest ye he calmed down and we got to speaking about it. After about 2 mins of us explaining it's private car park and no damage so nothing criminal he had enough and 2 of them left laughing.

Pics to follow soon. I need a nice cup of tea! Bear in mind when I got there I had no before picture as the lads were already on it.

Something like this is what I would say.

Guard, [Company] have applied a clamp to immobilise my vehicle. The want XXX amount of money to remove it. I have decided to remove the clamp myself, without causing damage, and have full intention on returning to to its rightful owner. I believe I am well within my rights.

Edit: You could also go on to talk about Section 9 CJ (PO) Act 1994. And the possibility of extortion since they are demanding money from you...

Looking forward to pics :D

• Advertisement

I put a before pic up when i got there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Hey OP sorry to hear you got clamped in a way. Why were you going into the bank had you no card or were all the ATM's faulty (unlikely) What time was it.

I believe if a person in parked in a spot where they have to pay then some fine has to be paid (with some reason time to get change if you need to 5-10 mins).

I think if a car is obstructing then you should not clamp at the car is still there I am for towing. I think the government (though they have other pressing matter) need to get the laws straight.

I think if a car is obstructing then you should not clamp at the car is still there I am for towing. I think the government (though they have other pressing matter) need to get the laws straight.
    Towing would probably be considered theft, since you are physically removing the vehicle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Something like this is what I would say.

Guard, [Company] have applied a clamp to immobilise my vehicle. The want XXX amount of money to remove it. I have decided to remove the clamp myself, without causing damage, and have full intention on returning to to its rightful owner. I believe I am well within my rights.

Edit: You could also go on to talk about Section 9 CJ (PO) Act 1994. And the possibility of extortion since they are demanding money from you...

Looking forward to pics :D

There's also a section (113 I think) in the RTA that states it is an offence to interfere with a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place without lawful reason or something along those lines.

I would imagine that this covers clamping by a private company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Yawns wrote: »
    No there is no one liner. When the guards stopped with the bulling of I'll arrest ye he calmed down and we got to speaking about it. After about 2 mins of us explaining it's private car park and no damage so nothing criminal he had enough and 2 of them left laughing.

Pics to follow soon. I need a nice cup of tea! Bear in mind when I got there I had no before picture as the lads were already on it.

Have a nice chocolate bikkie as well, you deserve it.

Clampers must have know they were wrong or they would be complaining to the guards about criminal damage etc, Did the guards take any names?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Towing would probably be considered theft, since you are physically removing the vehicle...

Not if its in legislation seems to happen in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

There's also a section (113 I think) in the RTA that states it is an offence to interfere with a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place without lawful reason or something along those lines.

ah, none of that's important, it's the bylaws! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 bloondas

God Father wrote: »
    I have been clamped in Naas by NCPS.

Heh, read this line and started laughing. Naas would be probably no. 1 place in clamping in EU. Also when it comes to parking machines havent seen more anywhere else than in naas. Look at all those f..ks walking around checking if ticket is displayed .... and U left urs for 20min ??? I bet it was clamped 1min after U walked away :)

Yes, you are correct but I didn't mention that as that section was amended in 1984 (original act was 1961) to remove "in a public place".

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1984/en/act/pub/0016/sec0003.html

codrulz wrote: »
    ah, none of that's important, it's the bylaws! :D
    That is only for local authorities ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Hey all you Naas dwellers, for future reference the multi-story in town (accross the road from where the OP parked) gives you 20mins free parking!

Have done it 4 times to go to the BOI up the road & have always been back in time.

Advertisement