Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamped!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Fair play to you's.

Send a few pics of the clamp with a ransom note to NCPS now to top it off.

EDIT: Is the likes of Maynooth college with APCOA the same as above, or is it different because the college have brought them in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Yes, you are correct but I didn't mention that as that section was amended in 1984 (original act was 1961) to remove "in a public place".

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1984/en/act/pub/0016/sec0003.html

That is only for local authorities ;)

One of the Guards did mention that by removing the clamp we were in contrevention of a by-law or two, but couldn't tell me exactly what was what.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Indeed they weren't too specific on what bye-law was being breached. :D

photo's have been resized and edited in some cases and are almost finished uploading. About 20 pics in all which tells enough of the story. For the lads that were there they'll be sad to hear about 10 pics had to be discarded. The quality was just not good enough :D

One of the Guards did mention that by removing the clamp we were in contrevention of a by-law or two, but couldn't tell me exactly what was what.
    He was probably thinking of the by-laws which cover the local authorities. There is no by-laws regarding private companies ;)

I believe this could be the laws he was referring to ;)
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1998/en/si/0247.html

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Well back home with the 207 parked up outside :D

Big thanks to the man of the hour Kev (kildare.17hmr) ;)

Also Drummerboy08 and yawns :P

Really appreciate the effort and generosity! Must sort you out for it, definitely earned yourself a pint to say the least!

• Advertisement

markc1184 wrote: »
    Fair play to you's.

Send a few pics of the clamp with a ransom note to NCPS now to top it off.

EDIT: Is the likes of Maynooth college with APCOA the same as above, or is it different because the college have brought them in?
    You could be liable for disciplinary proceedings by the college if your student/staff, since you on their property, I think ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

God Father wrote: »
    Well back home with the 207 parked up outside :D

Big thanks to the man of the hour Kev (kildare.17hmr) ;)

Also Drummerboy08 and yawns :P

Really appreciate the effort and generosity! Must sort you out for it, definitely earned yourself a pint to say the least!
    no sortin out needed lad but i wouldnt say no to a pint if i see ya out some night ;)

371fefda.jpg

7404266986_64bab35eb9_c.jpg

7404269966_f7a00403fe_c.jpg

7404269034_c30d13b077_c.jpg

7404268032_6249240a5c_c.jpg

7404265976_947fb09995_c.jpg

7404265094_1fc1eaefde_c.jpg

7404264228_227c007747_c.jpg

7404263566_b6c122cf5d_c.jpg

7404262672_50c1d7df41_c.jpg

7404261910_8684aa3a1b_c.jpg

7404261248_5af3cbbf29_c.jpg

7404260572_84cb846be9_c.jpg

7404259744_7f94177db1_c.jpg

7404258844_c630df0f50_c.jpg

7404258006_c8c4db8d5b_c.jpg

7404256994_30e4c1787b_c.jpg

7404255852_c1c05772d7_c.jpg

7404254842_0c56d4b9c3_c.jpg

7404253902_3e0cf70b6f_c.jpg

7404252980_d8069f0aee_b.jpg

7409157920_25f275acae_z.jpg

no sortin out needed lad but i wouldnt say no to a pint if i see ya out some night ;)

It'll be a few years yet before he'll be able to buy ya a drink sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

was nice of the OP to put his own wheel back on all the same:rolleyes::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Great stuff guys :D And ye have all the pics above to prove absolutely no damage to the clamp, wouldn't put it past those scumbags to damage the clamp when they got it back.

Next time I suggest ringing them for a 'de-clamp' but say you won't pay until the clamper gets there. When he arrives have the clamp all ready for him to take back in his van, no need for ye to be lugging it around till they decide to get it.

Wonder how much one is worth in scrap metal? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Yawns wrote: »

7404256994_30e4c1787b_c.jpg

borat_great_success.jpg

Great stuff guys :D And ye have all the pics above to prove absolutely no damage to the clamp, wouldn't put it past those scumbags to damage the clamp when they got it back.

Next time I suggest ringing them for a 'de-clamp' but say you won't pay until the clamper gets there. When he arrives have the clamp all ready for him to take back in his van, no need for ye to be lugging it around till they decide to get it.

Wonder how much one is worth in scrap metal? :P
    Not much ;)

And feck ringing them for them coming to collect it. Ring them and tell them, for every day you store the clamp, there will be a €20 charge. Also, charge the €500 removal fee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I was a few hours behind the offical progress time... But that was class, Fair play lads. :)

Nah the guards were happy enough to leave us alone as long as we gave the clamp back. 1 lad did ring them while the guards were there but they didn't seem interested in collecting it. More interested in informing us the guards were called. They didn't know what to say when we told them the guards were there.

We told one of the guards we had every intention of ringing the company after it was removed. We didn't want to ring them before hand in case they rang the guards claiming we were damaging it and thus wasting the guards time. We wanted to ring them and hand it back undamaged. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I put a before pic up when i got there!

Great thread has everything, plot, storyline, unbreakable human spirit.

Jesus in my mind the call to the clampers echoes that of Liam Neeson in taken.

Have to say from the moment you said "Are we doing this" I knew then my evening was no longer my own.

Great work and delighted for OP on the result and thread of the year.

Kildare.17hmr you and the lads are absolute gents fair play to all involved.
    Let us know of any further escapades.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

I am going to bed a happy man. Great job lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

I had caught the start of this earlier. Was just about to go to sleep but had to stay awake to find out what happened! Well done to the lads and you op!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

One of the best threads i've read in a long time on boards let alone the motors forum, not often yea get a happy ending. :cool:
    Will probably show this to a few of my mates for the laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This is one time when the internets benefits the human race! Well done lads. Absolute legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

For the record drummerboy stood snd watched, myself and kildare did the work!

And I just took the pics. No work from me boyo ;)

Also for the record, never have drummerboy as a look out ever. Guards were already in the car park and had finished doing a u-turn when he says, guards lads. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Yawns wrote: »
    Also for the record, never have drummerboy as a look out ever. Guards were already in the car park and had finished doing a u-turn when he says, guards lads. lol

If they were in uniform he'd have spotted them, not that they'd stand out more, just he likes that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fair play lads. You should be on boards.ie motor wall of fame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Fair play lads. You should be on boards.ie motor wall of fame!

+1 its nice to have some intresting reading at this hour..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

-Corkie- wrote: »
    +1 its nice to have some intresting reading at this hour..:D

Had few spare minutes just before work, had to get to boards.ie and see how it all ended up. I was like a spoiled child last night as I wanted to hear how it all ends up, but I had to go to bed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Nice one them ***** clamped my wife at 9pm in naas,she was 8 months pregnant and pissing with rain,she paid the €6 euro all day parking behind her work like she does everyday but for some reason the machine only took €4 and she never bothered to check.She rang them to say she had no money on her but works in naas everyday and was pregnant could they remove it and she pay next morning.
    Bloke on the phone told her to **** of and get a taxi and to not ring again until she had the money.:mad:

Advertisement