Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ah everyone's off cycling lately
    even my mum has dug out her old bike
    it sounds fun ;s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

bluewolf wrote: »
    ah everyone's off cycling lately
    even my mum has dug out her old bike
    it sounds fun ;s

I found it more scary than fun! Kept worrying that I'd fall over or crash into a railing in the place I was cycling. Kind of exhilirating, though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

cycling somewhere with loads of traffic or whatever sounds scary but off somewhere scenic sounds fun!

cycling somewhere with loads of traffic or whatever sounds scary but off somewhere scenic sounds fun!

There isn't really anywhere scenic where I live, unfortunately. There is one really big park, but there are lakes and stuff all around it and I don't feel confident enough to not fall in while cycling!

Might drag the bike up to Galway and cycle my hangover off in a few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Wish I had someone to watch the match with, don't fancy going to the pub alone and none of my friends would be into it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

swapple wrote: »
    Wish I had someone to watch the match with, don't fancy going to the pub alone and none of my friends would be into it :(

Doesn't your boyfriend like football?

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

awec wrote: »
    If I remember right he's a dirty United fan.

He really does have poor personal hygiene. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That_Guy wrote: »
    He really does have poor personal hygiene. ;)

That's the best you can come up with....Really?....REALLY?!

tumblr_m3eyk732Pz1r8rxw2o5_500.gif

Not that I ever have to explain myself to people who don't know me - g'wan then..... Sunday is the only day I get to see my aul man (he works 12 hour days, 6 days a week basically)so if there is a match on - we watch it locally! And at the moment more so than usual I am needed at home - for reasons I won't divulge on a public forum!

Good enough for you?

jaysus chill pill grames :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm after turning on RTE2 expecting to see some footy build up, instead I'm greeted with...religion.
    Arrrrgggghh!!!:mad:
    I've managed to stay in all weekend, first time in frickin' ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I was up early (well, early-ish) this morning doing gardening stuff. Then moved some logs into the shed. And then I took the right fairing off the bike and did some mechanical stuff.

It's been a manly day. :cool:

I've peeled a mountain of carrots and potatoes because I promised to cook dinner for all my family, who came over to watch the match. Regretting it already, especially since the oven blew so I can't even cook the chicken and ham properly!

On the plus side, I'm going for a nice long bath now, followed by another bike ride until my legs scream at me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I like this photo. Probably not a million miles from the truth either!

_60781453_photo.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Loved this!

185151_10150890603177880_2014155535_n.jpg

^^ Saw it on facebook earlier. Got a laugh out of it.

Fair play to the lads in the picture. I wouldn't have been terribly keen to get between the riot police and whoever was facing off with them.

thought it was shopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ChtuluDawn

thought it was shopped

It clearly is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The weekend's gone too quickly.

• Advertisement

How in the name of all that is holy do you stop your backside from hurting like crazy when you cycle?! :(

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    How in the name of all that is holy do you stop your backside from hurting like crazy when you cycle?! :(

Buy a more comfortable saddle. Also I think you can buy cycling shorts with cushioning, seriously! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Build it up.

I'm shocked at how good I feel after yesterdays cycle :)

I agree TBO, how is it Monday tomorrow??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We really should have some sort of summer meet up cycle. :p

Kev.OC wrote: »
    ^^ Saw it on facebook earlier. Got a laugh out of it.

Fair play to the lads in the picture. I wouldn't have been terribly keen to get between the riot police and whoever was facing off with them.
    thought it was shopped
    ChtuluDawn wrote: »
    It clearly is.

:o

I really need to stop taking these things at face value.

How was everyone's weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

swapple wrote: »

Ah, if I had of known! I stayed in with my aunt and it was best we didn't go to the pub. We're both quite foul mouthed when watching football. :pac:
    We really should have some sort of summer meet up cycle. :p

:cool: Yes, we should.

My bike has a puncture. Was looking forward to a cycle today. Boo. Anyone know if the bike shop on Bath Avenue is still there? Google is my friend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I decided to learn to cycle, because I hadn't cycled properly in over 10 years, and tend to fall off the bike every time I try.

It was a success! I only managed to do about a mile and was nearly crying with the pain in my @rse after, but it was still a success! Methinks I'll be stealing my little sister's bike for a few weeks and building up that distance. :)

I love it! I had a severely minor accident as a child and was afraid to cycle, but was in San Francisco when I was 21 and rented a bike. The old saying you never forget how to ride a bike is semi true, took me an hour or so to remember! Left my friends go off ahead of me cause I was slowing them down, they were shocked a few hours later when I arrived at the destination, they thought I would give up! But I loved it. Some pain in my bum the next day though :pac:

I don't cycle much though cause I'm really scared of the cars on the road :o Only been cycling a few times since and it was when I was camping and there were nice cycling paths.

Wish I was more confident!

Oh about the bum! My dad does suuuuuuper long cycles and triathalons and iron man things (puts me to shame!) And has special cycling shorts with a padded bum!

I am crying and laughing at the same time here, something very wrong with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Absolutely sickened by that match.

On the plus side, I found a club worse than coppers! I think all the local girls date guys in college so when some fresh meat wanders in they get a little excited. I love this place,I don't wanna leave. :pac:

Aaaand now I am going to run away quickly from the thread before Maggie kills me for annoying him again. Even more than normal. :D

Good night (morning?) everyone!

Is there any chance we can make Monday's illegal? Or at least make having to work on a Monday illegal?

If/when successful, we can work on extending that to the rest of the week. :pac:

• Advertisement

how did it turn into monday again already? :confused::(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement