Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Nah, he got bullied by the real Raiden.

big-trouble-raiden.jpg

Nothing says hard like Wicker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

This is true. It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how big your hat is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

so mk peoples me, jun ,nutrient and lar had a huge mk stream last night.

nice chunky 5 hours :D
    also were were joined by usedforglue for a few online matches

so if you want to watch some great mk play with fatalities a plenty,
    to watch jax get some or people getting caged or smoke smoke smoke
    or even if u want to see how annoyed i get when i cant have a smoke for few hours and start bitchin about american players while also bitchin even more about how baraka is no way no bottom 5 ;)

check out the link

http://www.twitch.tv/nutrient16

should be up on youtube in full at some point also

nutrients stream archive got front page on tym :D

http://testyourmight.com/threads/dublin-ireland-mk9-casuals-w-1man3letters-lar-jun-dp-nutrient-featuring-usedforglue.17516/

these are the youtube versions aswell

bad news for irish mk players, turns out strykers godlike standing 4 is -12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

bad news for irish mk players, turns out strykers godlike standing 4 is -12

moves still gdlk

08.png

Nutrient wrote: »
    moves still gdlk

08.png

i know, it just defies frame data and says so what if im -12 you still cant punish me lol

that site has some good stuff for the older games,not so much the new ones,love all the sprites they have...

a1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

Hey all,BIG MK fan here! first time poster,just wanna introduce myself,i'm on ps3.my tag is Oncejess.Send a friend request or better a challange! i love casuals ^_^ proving girl gamers kick ass too! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Hamhide wrote: »
    Hey all,BIG MK fan here! first time poster,just wanna introduce myself,i'm on ps3.my tag is Oncejess.Send a friend request or better a challange! i love casuals ^_^ proving girl gamers kick ass too! thanks

Have you ever attended XGC casuals?

We usually get together Wed and Sat for some FG craic from 3:00 to 10:00

MK lads are really helpful too:pac:

Always nice to have another Kombat head in the house.

• Advertisement

Hamhide wrote: »

im on psn, ill add ya later, spooky_kid_69 .not biggest fan of online play though :rolleyes:

as nutrient said try get yourself down to the XGC for some casuals, Me and Lar there near every wednesday so there'll always be a station with mk on.

we start from like 3pm till 11pm normally, just E5 to play for the consoles, its e20 if u want to get a console yourself but you'll get E15 back from the other guys

theres going to be another mk tourny at the next doc soon ,you should try make it down, more kombat heads the better.
    also if you havnt checked it out before, check out testyourmight.com

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

can someone explain what XGC is?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

can someone explain what XGC is?

It's the Xtreme (ugh) Gaming Centre on Liffey St. in Dublin.

It's an internet cafe and upstairs it's a gaming centre with a shed load of xboxes and ps3s, and therefore perfect for a bunch of people wanting to play a casual session of any given fighting game.

ah right thanks for that

Im a new MK player on the xbox. (finished story mode and ladder and making my way through challenge tower) Iv tried to play online but havnt really got on that well - I find people fight as cheap as possible using the same moves over and over but if I get a sick good combo with my character and am about to win they just quit out.

Anyway just dropped in to say hi :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ah right thanks for that

Im a new MK player on the xbox. (finished story mode and ladder and making my way through challenge tower) Iv tried to play online but havnt really got on that well - I find people fight as cheap as possible using the same moves over and over but if I get a sick good combo with my character and am about to win they just quit out.

Well a cheap combo to you might be just the way they like to play the game :) But if people are rage quitting on you you could add the players from the online players list at the top of this forum- they're the least likely to do so.

I would recommend showing up for a casual session if you get the chance some time- playing and learning in person is waaaay more fun!

ah right thanks for that

yea as doom said you should pop down,
    ya just throw e5 to who ever got the console out to help pay for them, its e20 if u want to get your own console but you'll get 15 back from the lads

going to give you the best piece of advice you'll ever get playing mk9..dont play randoms online u dont know, it will either result in ragemail or ragequits.
    there a thread with what irish people play what games online also

on playing cheap,im sure a few will argee im one of the lamest cheapest players playin mk in ireland, i have no problem throwing a million and one sais if you let me :D one mans cheap is another mans zoning lol

so come join the offline scene, with the mk lads its not about whos best its about leveling eachother up and helping eachother out with stuff we dont get,you'll be very welcome to the team

cheers lads I'll try drop down soon - what are the age ranges of people there do you mind me asking?

I need to improve an awful lot so any words of wisdom would be a bonus - im still playing through all the characters to see which ones I like best. Unfortunately from the stuff Im reading the ones im better with get torn apart by good gamers

cheers lads I'll try drop down soon - what are the age ranges of people there do you mind me asking?

I need to improve an awful lot so any words of wisdom would be a bonus - im still playing through all the characters to see which ones I like best. Unfortunately from the stuff Im reading the ones im better with get torn apart by good gamers

all ages really from younger to the older lads,all are welcome :D

yea man,we dont mind helping people out of showing how the chars we play work to help ya get better,ill waffle on about the game all day if someone will listen

what chars you like?
    while listening to people to learn about the game is good but never listen to anyone who says you shouldnt play a char, i main baraka who most people view as one off the worst in the game which is true but hes the char i wana play so i do and i dont do half bad either

at the moment I play scorpion, sub zero, smoke and Kitana. I only have the game a few days and Im surprised I have any wins at all (6/15). I can only do a combo of 4 at the moment but I was looking at youtube videos there explaing how to use fragments to get better. Id like to be able to throw something similar to Tom Brady - any time he lands an attack it seems to be a 10+ combo

at the moment I play scorpion, sub zero, smoke and Kitana. I only have the game a few days and Im surprised I have any wins at all (6/15). I can only do a combo of 4 at the moment but I was looking at youtube videos there explaing how to use fragments to get better. Id like to be able to throw something similar to Tom Brady - any time he lands an attack it seems to be a 10+ combo

lar is a very good irish smoke player,he could show u alot of stuff.
    deathrider has a instant air fan throwing kitana that can make you pull you hair out lol, hes on xbox aswell but he doesnt play online at all

of the 4 chars,you could easily do well with any of them or mix of them

yea tom brady an amazing sub zero, he doesnt care for me so much though lol

also if u havent,check out testyourmight.com
    great site with great information, im 1man3letters on that aswell #staff swag

• Advertisement

on playing cheap,im sure a few will argee im one of the lamest cheapest players playin mk in ireland, i have no problem throwing a million and one sais if you let me :D one mans cheap is another mans zoning lol

And I've got the scars to prove it, lol. I can't say anything though, I'd happily IA fan a player back to the stone-age.

Where are you based, Reality Check?

deathrider wrote: »
    And I've got the scars to prove it, lol. I can't say anything though, I'd happily IA fan a player back to the stone-age.

Where are you based, Reality Check?

Dublin Northside - currently Clarehall but moving to clontarf next month (I think :P)

Dublin Northside - currently Clarehall but moving to clontarf next month (I think :P)

ah dublin,then you have no excuse not to get yourself into the XGC :D

Why are there no Galway players?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cablez

Here I got this game today for my birthday and I am honestly so bad. I blame the controller because the Kombo's don't work. I really want to play this game but it's too difficulteven though I try practicing... Any tips would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cablez wrote: »
    Here I got this game today for my birthday and I am honestly so bad. I blame the controller because the Kombo's don't work. I really want to play this game but it's too difficulteven though I try practicing... Any tips would be welcome.

What console do you have it on?

What type of controller are you using?

What is your button config?

What character are you using?

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cablez

What console do you have it on?

What type of controller are you using?

What is your button config?

What character are you using?

Where are you based?

Xbox 360 Pro
    Wireless one?
    The default
    Reptile
    As in like where am I from? Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Okay, MK people, help the guy.

I think it's just a case of time and effort, man. Iremember a lot of people giving out about the game's difficulty when it first came out. It just takes a while to get the swing of. The timing on a lot of the combos is fairly loose though, so it doesn't take the same level of precission that some other fighters do. I don't play Reptile, so I can't really point you in the right direction with him, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

I went back to Mortal Kombat today, and Jade seemed different. My bread'and'butter combo with her isn't working. Did she get nerfed, or have I just forgotten how to play?

It's back 1, QCB 2 (Pole overhead) , dash, back 2, back-forward 4 (Shadow Kick).

Advertisement