Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

VVV reo posted a thread on tym "pre evo 2012 tier list",
    i think his method might be more accurate than mine....

Top Tier: Kabal

High Tier: Kenshi, Sonya Blade, Johnny Cage, Kitana, Smoke, Freddy Krueger, Jax, Kung Lao, Cyrax

Mid Tier: Sub-Zero, Sektor, Liu Kang, Rain, Reptile, Raiden, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Ermac, Mileena, Skarlet

Low Tier: Sheeva, Jade, Sindel, Noob Saibot, Scorpion, Baraka, Stryker, Nightwolf, Cyber Sub-Zero, Kano

what u guys think?
    two things that jump out at me as im not too sure about is radiens and baraka's placements

LIst is questionable, rather a group opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Nutrient wrote: »
    LIst is questionable, rather a group opinion

he did say in the thread he discussed his list with many of the top level players before posting (by which im guessing was vsm,detroit,pig and brady)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

imho i would swap jax with liu.

and bump cyrax to s and raiden to high and baraka and noob to mid.

Those last two characters are seriously slept on

also sub and scarlett move down a place

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    imho i would swap jax with liu.

and bump cyrax to s and raiden to high and baraka and noob to mid.

Those last two characters are seriously slept on

also sub and scarlett move down a place

Scarlett and sub are in a good spot, I'd even say move Scarlett up one

Scarlett and sub are in a good spot, I'd even say move Scarlett up one

shut up :pac:

• Advertisement

shut up :pac:

Watch your back

id keep jax were he is,MAYBE liu could move

also id agree with nutrient saying subs zero fine were he is and that skarlet could pop up one,that bitch is crazy yo

on another note just cause i seen it there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Alri Lads,

I seen the players list on the forum and added myself to it. Just wondering who is regularly playing MK on xbox online?

My gamertag is: Private Derp if anyone wants to add me on XBL. All the tourneys for MK seem to be on PSN from the vids. I want to drop into casuals but I am waiting until I can buy a dual stick so that I can play xbox at home and still use the stick in casuals/tourneys.

I play on xbox pad at the mo. I am playing MK and have just started playing Soul Calibur 5. I am a big tekken fan but I tried street fighter x tekken and hated it so I am waiting for TT2 to get back into that.

Alri Lads,

I seen the players list on the forum and added myself to it. Just wondering who is regularly playing MK on xbox online?

My gamertag is: Private Derp if anyone wants to add me on XBL. All the tourneys for MK seem to be on PSN from the vids. I want to drop into casuals but I am waiting until I can buy a dual stick so that I can play xbox at home and still use the stick in casuals/tourneys.

I play on xbox pad at the mo. I am playing MK and have just started playing Soul Calibur 5. I am a big tekken fan but I tried street fighter x tekken and hated it so I am waiting for TT2 to get back into that.

well nutrient and jun are on xbox, dont know how much they play the game online though
    theres a guy called fr.stack whos a very active online player

why are you waiting for a dual stick if u play on pad?? :confused:
    if you wanted to use your xbox pad on ps3 theres convertors for that,there not to exspensive, think around e30 for a good one (correct me if im wrong lads)
    if you want to make the switch over to stick and be able to play on both consoles rather than dual modding a stick, better options could be buy a hori stick for both consoles,gamestop has them for like e30,so e60 could have u a stck for both consoles
    if u have a bit more money to spend you could order in a Qanba Q4raf from england(ps3,xbox,pc out of the box)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Nutrient's converter cost like €7 iirc.

• Advertisement

Naphiel wrote: »

Link pls :)

Naphiel wrote: »

it also took like a year to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

An unruly priest who listens to jungle music at 3 in the morning?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sure not even Hitler would do that.

he has his fun. That's all that matters tbh

indeed and he plays noob saibot who may look black but hes just really really really dark blue :pac:

well nutrient and jun are on xbox, dont know how much they play the game online though

why are you waiting for a dual stick if u play on pad?? :confused:
    if you wanted to use your xbox pad on ps3 theres convertors for that,there not to exspensive, think around e30 for a good one (correct me if im wrong lads)
    if you want to make the switch over to stick and be able to play on both consoles rather than dual modding a stick, better options could be buy a hori stick for both consoles,gamestop has them for like e30,so e60 could have u a stck for both consoles
    if u have a bit more money to spend you could order in a Qanba Q4raf from england(ps3,xbox,pc out of the box)

Thanks for the reply

I was first thinking of the cost of a dual shock and converter for about 80 quid. I was reading on some forums about lag and missed inputs so then I said I would get the money together for the 3 in 1 sticks for a few quid more. The only converter I seen for XBOX pad was the XCM one for over 100 quid.

Also thinking of just getting a PS3 and using the pad :). I used to play in arcade with stick (as I am old) but I am happy enough to play with pad. Does not cause any of the top MK players any issues playing on pad. Easier for me to carry on the train to Dublin if I was to come into tournaments etc.

I keep finding Americans for games on xbox in MK. When I get a uk player or the rare irish one the connection is much better.

Link pls :)

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ps2-to-xbox-360-controller-adapter-cable-33241?item=8

Xbox to PS3 etc

Trust me, It works, can try mine somtime

Thanks for the reply

I was first thinking of the cost of a dual shock and converter for about 80 quid. I was reading on some forums about lag and missed inputs so then I said I would get the money together for the 3 in 1 sticks for a few quid more. The only converter I seen for XBOX pad was the XCM one for over 100 quid.

Also thinking of just getting a PS3 and using the pad :). I used to play in arcade with stick (as I am old) but I am happy enough to play with pad. Does not cause any of the top MK players any issues playing on pad. Easier for me to carry on the train to Dublin if I was to come into tournaments etc.

I keep finding Americans for games on xbox in MK. When I get a uk player or the rare irish one the connection is much better.

ye thats the bad thing about no region lock on mk on 360 imo, the games laggy enough online without playing some1 in the states

i wouldnt know to much about converters, went from ps3 pad to a dual mod stick so ive never had to deal with them but yea lugging around sticks can get annoying,mine has a handle and still pisses me off at times

its all personal preference i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fr stack

yo mr derp if u wanna add me go right ahead my gamer tag is de same as my username:D

• Advertisement

fr stack wrote: »
    yo mr derp if u wanna add me go right ahead my gamer tag is de same as my username:D

ah stack, youve rejoined us :D

fr stack wrote: »

Will do

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ps2-to-xbox-360-controller-adapter-cable-33241?item=8

Xbox to PS3 etc

Trust me, It works, can try mine somtime

That's perfect. I will just get one of those. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

That's perfect. I will just get one of those. :D

More MK players! NICE!

Forrest Demon, Fr. Stack hope to play you both soon.

Now all we need is for Slick and Kingpin to show up offline :)

All the best,
    RAZER

More MK players! NICE!

Forrest Demon, Fr. Stack hope to play you both soon.

Now all we need is for Slick and Kingpin to show up offline :)

All the best,
    RAZER

Cheers OriginalRazer. I had a few games against Fr Stack yest. He beat me in most of them. I have plenty of practising to do by the looks of things. I keep dropping Kombos online to the point that I don't bother much with them. Have been trying to get the basics right. When you are playing a good player and you drop a couple of Kombos its game over. The game just seems to drop inputs for me online. I dont know if it is just execution or do you need to change the timing of the Kombos online?

i wouldnt play online tbh mk has the worst lag

i wouldnt play online tbh mk has the worst lag

It does not seem to bother some people as they throw out huge combos. I go into the practice and I seem to be able to do them consistent. In an online game I just keep dropping them. I will try and get them right against the AI for a bit and see how it goes.

I am fairly new to this game but I have narrowed down my mains to:

1. Baraka
    2. Sektor
    3. Cage
    4. Sub Zero

I actually think that Baraka is underrated as he always comes out bottom of the tier lists but he has some annoying mix ups and specials :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Baraka is Irish top tier, up there just below Stryker.

It does not seem to bother some people as they throw out huge combos. I go into the practice and I seem to be able to do them consistent. In an online game I just keep dropping them. I will try and get them right against the AI for a bit and see how it goes.

I am fairly new to this game but I have narrowed down my mains to:

1. Baraka
    2. Sektor
    3. Cage
    4. Sub Zero

I actually think that Baraka is underrated as he always comes out bottom of the tier lists but he has some annoying mix ups and specials :)

yea as jun said,online mk isnt very good at all, ya can get away with so much BS cause of the lag.

where ya living? ya should try get down to the xgc for casuals and also the tournies run up dublin way

ah i like to see baraka number 1 on that list ;)
    hes bottom of most tier lists because near all his Matchups are disadvantage, this isnt people gettin it wrong either,he is pretty bad while compared to the rest of the cast,def worst char out of the four u mentioned there BUT in the corner is where he shines,alot of the cast cant combo punish a max range blade charge which handy ut he has to depend on that move alot while using the proper spacing, hes a real footsies char

sektor is pretty beast,zoning,anti-zoning,fast normals,great anti airs,very good damage. very solid char whose only real weakness is no armor outside xray

cage is top tier no doubt,crazy frametraps,awesome normals,nut punch resets and game changing xray

subzero is a solid mid tier char,all about playing lame and hiding behind the ice clone looking to get those ice ball trades,he doesnt have the greatest damage though

also on the plus side,some one in the kommunity already plays with each off those chars so there'll be plenty of tips thrown your way depending on you ya pick up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

What does Sonya have going for her that makes her good?

I was interested in her since MK Deadly Alliance and Deception when she was my favourite at the time before switching to Kitana.

Advertisement