Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Fergus_ wrote: »
    What does Sonya have going for her that makes her good?

I was interested in her since MK Deadly Alliance and Deception when she was my favourite at the time before switching to Kitana.

alot fergus..alot, much like kenshi shes been slept on for too long and people are now excepting just how good she is

much like kabal and skarlet,she needs on point execution to get most out of her
    she has so many tools though....
    comboable dive kick that leads to 35%resets
    armored safe launcher
    HER MOTHER****ING STANCE!!! MS mixups are insane
    great projectile
    a safe jump
    fast normals (great for AA also,stupid good uppercut aswell)
    mileena's down4 (which she can cancel into military stance mixups)

she is crazy good,nutrient messes with her everY now and then but id love to have a really good sonya main here in ireland to play against, shes insane.
    I tried to convince razer to play her cause he can do alls kabals crazy **** bur he went with skarlet instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I may try Sonya when I pick up the game again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

yea as jun said,online mk isnt very good at all, ya can get away with so much BS cause of the lag.

where ya living? ya should try get down to the xgc for casuals and also the tournies run up dublin way

ah i like to see baraka number 1 on that list ;)
    hes bottom of most tier lists because near all his Matchups are disadvantage, this isnt people gettin it wrong either,he is pretty bad while compared to the rest of the cast,def worst char out of the four u mentioned there BUT in the corner is where he shines,alot of the cast cant combo punish a max range blade charge which handy ut he has to depend on that move alot while using the proper spacing, hes a real footsies char

sektor is pretty beast,zoning,anti-zoning,fast normals,great anti airs,very good damage. very solid char whose only real weakness is no armor outside xray

cage is top tier no doubt,crazy frametraps,awesome normals,nut punch resets and game changing xray

subzero is a solid mid tier char,all about playing lame and hiding behind the ice clone looking to get those ice ball trades,he doesnt have the greatest damage though

also on the plus side,some one in the kommunity already plays with each off those chars so there'll be plenty of tips thrown your way depending on you ya pick up

And there I was hoping that old Gum decease was just underrated.

As I am only really getting started I will concentrate on Cage and Sektor for a bit. I think in this game you need more then one main (I have most trouble with Cyrax and Mileena) :)

Ordering my converter this week and as soon as it arrives I will get the train in for a few games.

I am not the best at the moment but the only way to get better is to play good players.

And there I was hoping that old Gum decease was just underrated.

As I am only really getting started I will concentrate on Cage and Sektor for a bit. I think in this game you need more then one main (I have most trouble with Cyrax and Mileena) :)

Ordering my converter this week and as soon as it arrives I will get the train in for a few games.

I am not the best at the moment but the only way to get better is to play good players.

i main him,but thats more me being stupid because i played him since mk2

cage and sektor both decent people to deal with cyrax.
    mileena has slight adv over sektor but cage rapes mileena hard

very true man,ya only get better by playing. go to testyourmight.com if u havnt aswell, great info there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I am not the best at the moment but the only way to get better is to play Nutrient.
    78450c63-a561-432d-963d-d6d129c13f18.png

Thats right, Know your place

Don't wry about them guys fella, just don't play people that play Jax, their cheap w****** after your dignity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

fine i wont play ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

by the way that havnt been in last bit meant to ask you, did ya catch the new jax ex reset in corner off the different string? he needs it!!

no i haven't. is it the egp tyrant one? can you throw us a link plz? and what do you mean by he needs it?

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    no i haven't. is it the egp tyrant one? can you throw us a link plz? and what do you mean by he needs it?

dunno who came up with it.

in the vita version the 3 bar version on the resets do 72%,wonder if consoles will see that update. no smoke reset anymore either but cyrax ones still in :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Ahoy-hoy! Pesara on PSN. Fergus dragged me along to casuals once. I played some games with people, yet I cannot remember anyone's names, and only advice about my Mileena.
    I play Sonya, Jade (it's... painful sometimes :(), Kitana, Mileena, and the theme breaker - Stryker. Feel free to add me if you wish to have a moving punching bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Feel free to add me if you wish to have a moving punching bag!

Friend request sent*

• Advertisement

Ahoy-hoy! Pesara on PSN. Fergus dragged me along to casuals once. I played some games with people, yet I cannot remember anyone's names, and only advice about my Mileena.
    I play Sonya, Jade (it's... painful sometimes :(), Kitana, Mileena, and the theme breaker - Stryker. Feel free to add me if you wish to have a moving punching bag!

i think your the guy i mistook as fergus's brother,if so i played ya that day. ya should bail out to xgc more, the tournies 2 :)

im on psn aswell,i dont like to play online much but ill send ya a invite next time im on,more people for mk the better

also on a different note...i listented to a podcast last night with reo,detroit ballin etc etc where they broke down just why mileena is the most over-rated char in this game,the truth hurts sometimes..and it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Nutrient wrote: »
    Friend request sent*

You haven't shown up as a request. Did you misspell it, or reconsider or various other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NoobSaibot5

Well I broke not one, or two, but three XBox 360 Controllers all in the space of two weeks. So I've been out of MK action for what seems like eternity. I've two PS2 controllers up in the attic, might buy one of those adapters unless there's a decent fightpad anyone could recommend cause I'm useless with an arcade stick.

I've heard these are good?
    http://etokki.com/Xtokki360

Well I broke not one, or two, but three XBox 360 Controllers all in the space of two weeks. So I've been out of MK action for what seems like eternity. I've two PS2 controllers up in the attic, might buy one of those adapters unless there's a decent fightpad anyone could recommend cause I'm useless with an arcade stick.

I've heard these are good?
    http://etokki.com/Xtokki360

three controllers? someone must of ran into alot of cages online :rolleyes:

nutrient would be the man to ask bout converters, he gave his stamp of approval on one a few posts back, gettin used to ps played could be a good idea seeing as mk normally played on ps at tournies

fightpad? i know my bro is selling a guilie madcatz one he won in a tourny on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

eTokki converters are the best, but you need one per system (i.e. 1 each for PS3 & 360).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NoobSaibot5

So would I need to get one for the Xbox and one for the PS2? Works out a bit pricey if that's the case :/

anyone catch Toryuken?

was a jade in top 8,

reo got flawlessed by a 15year old smoke doing the ex smoke bombs resets and only missing one through the whole tourny, and doing the shake glitch,twice! the dirty little sod!

insup was also dirtying up the place with filthy quan trap comebacks outta no were

only bad thing were the people on the mic, very VERY annoying and just sucked the hype outta everything bar the reo vs xsmokex match

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

only bad thing were the people on the mic, very VERY annoying and just sucked the hype outta everything bar the reo vs xsmokex match

That seemed to be a problem with every game, everyone there must have been knackered. :(

That seemed to be a problem with every game, everyone there must have been knackered. :(

i only caught a bit of kof besides mk,
    and i was too interested in watching than listening to the commentary.

dunno if its a good or bad thing it was like that across the board but like ya said the guys must of all be tired,two day tourny and all

guess i cant say **** though, my performance on the mic at the evo event was trash because i was so tired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

guess i cant say **** though, my performance on the mic at the evo event was trash because i was so tired

My excuse for dodgy Evo commentary was that I had Batman voice :pac:
    I didn't even realise there was a big tournament on last night. I always seem to find out about these a little too late.

deathrider wrote: »
    My excuse for dodgy Evo commentary was that I had Batman voice :pac:
    I didn't even realise there was a big tournament on last night. I always seem to find out about these a little too late.

ah sure u carried me when it was me and you, i should count how many times i said "ehh" lol

yea it was a candian tourny, link is on tym homepage if u want check out the vids

oh btw listened to latest podcast,
    kat tut got nothing on renfield fool! spooky ball for the win!

ah sure u carried me when it was me and you, i should count how many times i said "ehh" lol

yea it was a candian tourny, link is on tym homepage if u want check out the vids

oh btw listened to latest podcast,
    kat tut got nothing on renfield fool! spooky ball for the win!

Dissing Pyramid Cat? That's blasphemy, Letters! :pac: Cheers for listening to it :)
    I'll check out those vids tonight, man.

Perhaps one of you'd like to talk to this gent here:

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=hvJFEiGQ3e8&email=comment_received

EDIT: Actually, his youtube channel says he's in the states... lol.

Perhaps one of you'd like to talk to this gent here:

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=hvJFEiGQ3e8&email=comment_received

EDIT: Actually, his youtube channel says he's in the states... lol.

ah well, thanks anyway doomy

me and razer been "recruiting" so should be some new faces at next one :)

but to those who still are unsure about koming out for one...

tumblr_lkgdxksRgI1qzamioo1_400.jpg

ah well, thanks anyway doomy

me and razer been "recruiting" so should be some new faces at next one :)

but to those who still are unsure about koming out for one...

tumblr_lkgdxksRgI1qzamioo1_400.jpg

That's one uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly Raiden!

deathrider wrote: »
    That's one uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly Raiden!

wow man,harsh...even thunder gods have feelings :(

Feelings, yes. Good looks... not so much.

I bet Thor bullied him in the play ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Nah, he got bullied by the real Raiden.

big-trouble-raiden.jpg

Advertisement