Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

grizzly wrote: »
    Do we know when this is coming out? I don't suppose they refund back smith upgrade fees? :p

Well patch 1.0.2 will be applied 2:00AM to 10:00AM GMT Wed 30th May.( All games & account services will be unavailable during this downtime.)

Patch notes are here: http://d3db.com/news/id/250-official-patch-102---v1029749-notes/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Tempted to make Hardcore character now. Just cant decide on what class. Definitely wont be a Witch Doctor though. Normal - Hell would be super easy on a WD with a full Pet build that i used in the later stages of Hell on my normal WD, but once you hit Inferno pets go out the window.

What to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just hit the 60 club....(hope I dont get Michael Aspel hitting me for life insurance :D )

So now time to get some good gear, gonna farm like a mad fook to get a 800+ dps weapon. Have 100K saved and half decent armour all ready. But my 16K damage wiz aint gonna cut inferno!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So i can farm the butcher, so decided, ah should be able to tackle atleast up to maghda on act2, ****in random trash mobs spankin me, those flying bugs that spew other insects at you ****in suck for melee... They run off map so you cant chase/hit them, nerf plz!

I will not use a shield!!! Back to act1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just hit the 60 club....(hope I dont get Michael Aspel hitting me for life insurance :D )

So now time to get some good gear, gonna farm like a mad fook to get a 800+ dps weapon. Have 100K saved and half decent armour all ready. But my 16K damage wiz aint gonna cut inferno!

Your not far off it really, 16k isn't that bad for act 1.. you'll probably want 15k+ hp tho. Some of the packs may be a little tough but nothing overly hard. 2H'ers are pretty cheap up to nearly 1000 dps now i think, probably less than 50k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Act 2 inferno is crazy difficult in comparison to act1 which I can farm no problem! Going to have to start getting some upgrades on the ah. Need loads of all resistance and physical resistance

Gas really, just when you think you getting the hang of NM mode Hell comes along....then I am doing the bizzo on Hell and have to adjust upgrade again for "FERNO"

So much info to take into consideration, when I am looking for a weapon do I leave the search boxes blank so I get the highest DPS stuff or start sticking in intelli and armour which always lowers the DPS no matter how much money I have.....for inferno I presume I should be buying armour now with physical resistance now and armour. :rolleyes:

I just put in the stats i need, so str/vit/ resist all, , lvl range 58-60, load it up, sort by armour, then scroll down and check out the reasonable priced gear, oh and put the max buyout up to however much gold you actually have, no use in shopping for what you cant buy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

I've seen people asking for the Demo starter key on this thread, but don't know if people are sending them.
    So on the off chance that someone has a key, can they PM me one please
    /Dace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Are the servers down?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Load of ****e! After updating the game it wont launch any more. Sometimes the launcher will update the game and say ready to play. I click play and it just says launching, but nothing happens. Other times the launcher just says 'updating tools' and stays there.

I've tried killing the Agent.exe service but it makes no difference.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: I killed the steam.exe service and the game ran straight away. Maybe the two are using the same ports or something. Problems not over though cause im getting the famous error 37 now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Load of ****e! After updating the game it wont launch any more. Sometimes the launcher will update the game and say ready to play. I click play and it just says launching, but nothing happens. Other times the launcher just says 'updating tools' and stays there.

I've tried killing the Agent.exe service but it makes no difference.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: I killed the steam.exe service and the game ran straight away. Maybe the two are using the same ports or something. Problems not over though cause im getting the famous error 37 now :P
    Might be an issue if your client is US after the update, I know a lot of people had issues since they had the US client while playing on EU servers, you wouldn't even know you had the US client. Only fix with that was deleting Diablo 3 and going to battle.net and downloading the game again but changing your region to EU on your account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Does the weapon damage effect casters? I dont have a caster but one of my friends seems to think so, I thought it only effected melee dps?

I am playing all morning no probs straight after the update....hopefully it will stay like that. ;)

Made a Monk on hardcore mode and i nearly died about 3 times. Wow what a rush! Got stuck with a Waller Enchanted pack of those bull type mobs in Act 1. My heart was racing as i was close to death but the cooldown on blinding flash finished just in time to save my life, then the wall dropped.

I dont think i can go back to softcore now. I was already abit bored with my Witch Doctor in Inferno and thus i was making other classes and trying them out. But now i tried hardcore its definitely the thing for me.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Does the weapon damage effect casters? I dont have a caster but one of my friends seems to think so, I thought it only effected melee dps?

Yes it does. All classes skills use a % of weapon damage to do damage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Made a Monk on hardcore mode and i nearly died about 3 times. Wow what a rush! Got stuck with a Waller Enchanted pack of those bull type mobs in Act 1. My heart was racing as i was close to death but the cooldown on blinding flash finished just in time to save my life, then the wall dropped.

I dont think i can go back to softcore now. I was already abit bored with my Witch Doctor in Inferno and thus i was making other classes and trying them out. But now i tried hardcore its definitely the thing for me.

Yes it does. All classes skills use a % of weapon damage to do damage

Going to get around to hardcore eventually alright. Heads up Monks have good survivability but are by far the weakest of all the classes right now.

Once you get to Hell+ you are gonna need Serenity, Blinding Flash and Breath of Heaven. For Hardcore you might want to use FoT with the teleport rune, it's a life saver and also Tempest Rush with 25% movement speed is great for getting away from elites arfter blinding! GL.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Going to get around to hardcore eventually alright. Heads up Monks have good survivability but are by far the weakest of all the classes right now.

Once you get to Hell+ you are gonna need Serenity, Blinding Flash and Breath of Heaven. For Hardcore you might want to use FoT with the teleport rune, it's a life saver and also Tempest Rush with 25% movement speed is great for getting away from elites arfter blinding! GL.

Cheers. Using Blinding Flash and Breath of Heaven atm and all is good. I very rarely use BoH but i just want it there for those "oh ****" moments. Also did abit of research on what class to play for Hardcore and i wanted something that could take a punch and Monk seemed like the obvious choice.

Found a nice video also showing high level Monk play on Inferno, check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

snip]

It would be funny if it wasn't soo true!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Cheers. Using Blinding Flash and Breath of Heaven atm and all is good. I very rarely use BoH but i just want it there for those "oh ****" moments. Also did abit of research on what class to play for Hardcore and i wanted something that could take a punch and Monk seemed like the obvious choice.

Found a nice video also showing high level Monk play on Inferno, check it out

Does it include the screaming?:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gbear wrote: »
    Does it include the screaming?:P

It does on Hardcore mode :pac:

• Advertisement

lol

Anybody able to login? i get a error and try again later error message.

Fookin patches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Can't login either

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well did the servers pooped themselfs again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Mental to be getting this amount of problems with a single player game.
    For anyone not familiar with World of Warcraft this kinda crap happened all the time, patch day was a no go, even some server reset days were disastrous, goes to show! nothing has changed with Blizzard games

I have a new found RESPECT for EA after this :mad: and that is saying something I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Never had any trouble at all with SC2. I guess there's just a certain cut-off point of concurrent users above which they can't deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

This:

...continuously since 6 this evening.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Top comment :D
    getting in this game is more legendary than finding a legendary

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dorgasm wrote: »
    Top comment :D

i have to say it is good lol. though in all the time game is out its only second time i cant get in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Login problems on a single player game developed by one of the biggest game companies 2 weeks after release? Speechless.

Has an MMO ever had this much trouble with a launch? It would be laughable if a single player game is having more trouble with its login/authentication infrastructure than an MMO has ever had.

Advertisement