Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just did some more calculations

Currently, you need 1,594,323(3^13) chipped to get 1 radiant star.

Changing it to base 2 will mean you'll only need 8,192 or 200 times fewer.

Edit:

Oh and the point is that probably the use of the AH will become redundant for gems because people will have so many gems appearing from drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

****ing auctionhouse.... just lost about 500k due to it being buggy as hell... FUUUUCK !

Sold an item for 190k, shows up in balance but won't transfer into stash.. then disappears. Then i bought a amulet for 300k only for it not to show up in the completed list... wtf is this ?? Any slim chance of me using the real money auction house has just been dashed, not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

finished this game in normal mode in about week playing hour or two a day,although graphics are nice especially the cinematic s part but really dont see a point to play it again to grind for what ? few items if it was mmorpg then yes, but 10 years of making D3 is waste of time in my opinion,i must be too old to play these games as i was expecting a bit more then 5acts with never endless mouse crushing,i know some will think theres online mode and different characters to play but it seems to me they made diablo3 just after releasing starcraft2 as engine is almost 100% identical.So back to BF3 and SC2 for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

scamalert wrote: »
    finished this game in normal mode in about week playing hour or two a day,although graphics are nice especially the cinematic s part but really dont see a point to play it again to grind for what ? few items if it was mmorpg then yes, but 10 years of making D3 is waste of time in my opinion,i must be too old to play these games as i was expecting a bit more then 5acts with never endless mouse crushing,i know some will think theres online mode and different characters to play but it seems to me they made diablo3 just after releasing starcraft2 as engine is almost 100% identical.So back to BF3 and SC2 for me :)

Wow, you just entirely missed the point of the game. It's all about progressing through the difficulties, not just finishing the four acts on your first playthrough.

You can bet your arse that playing on nightmare, then hell, then inferno will NOT be anywere remotely similar to playing on normal. And then there's hardcore, which imo is by far the superior way to play, also incredibly crushing when you die and have to reroll again.. But, congrats on beating the easiest part of the game, even if you dont come back to it, it's worth having played it for the cinematics alone :)

scamalert wrote: »

Clearly it wasn't a waste of time since it sold over 6 million copies in the first week (That is huge, especially for a PC only game).

As for the gameplay, the reason why most people play it over again is for the challenge.. it gets a lot harder in the later difficulties(Normal mode is designed so even the biggest noobs steam roll it), some people also love loot based games and some people will play it for the PVP (Coming in patch 1.1 i think).

• Advertisement

Also, AH seems to be down... hopefully i get my cash back.. not holding the breath tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got that AH bug too. 50k is now bugged. I sold item, but it does not go to my stash.
    I think I will need to rearrange my gear. Drop sOme mf. I get really my arse handed to me lately. Or am I just getting very crapy elites.

I have a carving for barb now too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

there's a note about the auctions at the login screen. If you purchased something that hasnt appeared yet, it will.. "they have not been lost" according to blizzard.

I'm guessing these glitches in the AH are part of upcoming RMAH being implemented or tested. It's been acting odd the past few days, and what's worse is that people arent using the hardcore AH as much because of it.. wtb lewtz plz

Yeah, got everything back.... sweet, 41.5k Dmg.. 27k hp... lets rock belial... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Wow, you just entirely missed the point of the game. It's all about progressing through the difficulties, not just finishing the four acts on your first playthrough.

You can bet your arse that playing on nightmare, then hell, then inferno will NOT be anywere remotely similar to playing on normal. And then there's hardcore, which imo is by far the superior way to play, also incredibly crushing when you die and have to reroll again.. But, congrats on beating the easiest part of the game, even if you dont come back to it, it's worth having played it for the cinematics alone :)
    yeah cinematics is the place where blizzard never spares a penny to make it movie like,and never sayed game is crap as blizzard is the only company who still cares for quality and compatibility,its probably me who got to old now 25y and yet when something special comes out i always get it even if its played one time :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have to say, i didn't think i was going to bother with playing through Nightmare/Hell, as while i enjoyed my normal playthrough, it just was missing something. It seems that something was any semblance of a challenge, as i really enjoyed my first go at Nightmare last night. It's not particularly hard, but at least i need to be a bit wary of multiple enemies/elites. Looking forward to getting to each boss now, as i don't just pop Diamond Skin/Archon and stand still while destroying the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Kiith wrote: »
    I have to say, i didn't think i was going to bother with playing through Nightmare/Hell, as while i enjoyed my normal playthrough, it just was missing something. It seems that something was any semblance of a challenge, as i really enjoyed my first go at Nightmare last night. It's not particularly hard, but at least i need to be a bit wary of multiple enemies/elites. Looking forward to getting to each boss now, as i don't just pop Diamond Skin/Archon and stand still while destroying the boss.

I think it's an even more enjoyable game with a few people playing alongside.
    Trying to revive your mate while avoid getting hit etc is brilliant :D , but sometimes the screen can be a bit mental with 4 people casting everything :P ...not a clue what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Like sean said the amount on screen sometimes is mental, the amount of times on HELL I have lost sight of the FOOKIN mouse cursor GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :mad::mad:

I am flying arcane missiles all over the shop to see where the thing is....bloody good job there is no friendly fire!!!

LMFAO:eek:

Also the camera can get a tad frustrating when fleeing like a beeatch sometimes the zoom works against you big time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I had a lot of fun playing this, the story was a bit of a let down but the combat lived up to my expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

when i try log in with a starter edition on my profile it says that there is no diablo licence on this profile. has this happened other people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

CombatCow wrote: »
    Upcoming patch info: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1222-diablo-iii-game-design-update/

Statistics on builds and other interesting things.
    Patch 1.0.2, which has been in development since the game launched, should go live sometime within the next week
    In patch 1.0.3 they will be showing the ilvl budget on level 60+ items to make it easier to understand why blues at times are stronger than other level 60 legendaries.
    In Patch 1.1 legendaries will be getting a boost. However this will only affect new drops.
    Blacksmith will have its gold cost and page cost reduced.
    You will only need two gems in order to combine for the next gem, up to Flawless Squares

Do we know when this is coming out? I don't suppose they refund back smith upgrade fees? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭xtal191

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    when i try log in with a starter edition on my profile it says that there is no diablo licence on this profile. has this happened other people?

I had this problem. Go to options and then account and make sure you have the correct region selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

xtal191 wrote: »
    DeSelby83 wrote: »

I had this problem. Go to options and then account and make sure you have the correct region selected.

Thanks for that it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Act 3 Inferno is busting my balls but getting through it slowly. I recently changed my up gear and its working wonders. Should have Azmodan down soon enough!

For any monks out there looking to gear up for Inferno Act2 +

All resists + resist of your choice > Armour > Dex > Vit and Increased attack speed and llfe on hit are essential.

Stack all resists and a resist of your choice and use One with everything to get all your resists to around 800. Stack armour, try have a base of around 5k+ and boost it with passives and skills. Vitality is way down the pecking order, it is much more beneficial to have high resists, high armour and a lower health pool than the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

What is the goal with resists?

Should I aim for 500? 1000? Currently on ~300 at the moment but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference as a DH...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

What is the goal with resists?

Should I aim for 500? 1000? Currently on ~300 at the moment but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference as a DH...

The way it seems to be playing out is, 200 all resists for Act1, 400 for Act2, 600 for Act3 and 800 for Act4. Although these goals are alot easier to reach for a Monk with our passive, however resists are essential and they >>> vitality imo.

As ranged they probably don't need to be as high as say for a Monk or Barb but honestly from experience high resists and armour are what make the difference not Vitality or a high health pool.

I went from 55k hp with 350 all resists and 4k armour too 30k hp with 700 all resists and 5.5k armour and use passives and abilities to boost them further and the difference is huge, it allowed me to clear act2 without much of a problem and I am working my way through act3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Act 3 hell is busting my balls...need to lvl up and get my gear sorted. I gots a good offensive buts my "D" is very bad.

If I get rushed like a quarter back sack I BE FOOKED!!!!! :eek:

So I am farming the Seige act 3 for mental XP and gold so when I hit 60 its shopping time.

Anyone got any freebies for a wiz...hook me up.:P

Anyone on inferno fancy giving me an invite to act 3, really had enough of belial and sick of farming act 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

killed butcher on inferno. with mf gear! :D lots and lots of blues!

was shiet fight, if i was small bit too late with smoke screen i would get 1 shoted by his knifes thingy. i got annoyed watching 30sec respawn timer...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Whats the logic in making you wait longer the more you die? Is infuriating customers part of their deal? As if running all the way back through dungeons isnt annoying enough >=(

Dont remember any stupid timers in Diablo 2..
    Magill wrote: »
    Anyone on inferno fancy giving me an invite to act 3, really had enough of belial and sick of farming act 1.

You must farm!

PM me your bnet id, im only on act2 myself, but have friends on act4 who may be able to hook you up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

nix wrote: »

Dont remember any stupid timers in Diablo 2..

No, they didn't have timers. They had you lose half your gold and all your items and if somebody else looted your corpse or you couldn't make it back naked, you lost everything. Yeah.....that was much better. :p

The timer annoys me too. Don't get me wrong. But they need some way of punishing you for dying 5 times in a minute and people just won't accept losing gold/items/experience anymore........so making you wait 20 seconds is the best they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kirby wrote: »
    No, they didn't have timers. They had you lose half your gold and all your items and if somebody else looted your corpse or you couldn't make it back naked, you lost everything. Yeah.....that was much better. :p

Nah, there was no way to lose all your items without someone else using a drop hack (happened to me once - bastard stole some really good loot off me).
    If you died again on your way back to your corpse everything would get amalgamated into your new corpse.
    However, if you picked up new stuff on the way to your new corpse and there wasn't enough room to fit everything I think it might well have had to drop something so that it could all fit when you picked it back up.

You could also take all your money out of your stash and dump it on the ground so that you couldn't lose money.

The experience was the biggest balls. No worries at lower levels but 80+ it started taking ages to level up and losing exp was an awful waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Kirby wrote: »

The timer annoys me too. Don't get me wrong. But they need some way of punishing you for dying 5 times in a minute and people just won't accept losing gold/items/experience anymore........so making you wait 20 seconds is the best they can do.

meh, gold was useless in D2, good for repairs and potions, people cant loot your corpse, your loot would only drop if you equipped something on the way back to your corpse and died, that was bout it... An xp penalty in this game wouldnt have been a big whoop, ****, its easy to get to max level..

Also, where are the hardcore ladders? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Completed normal mode just there with a monk. Did it at lvl 33.

Trying to decide whether to go straight to nightmare or reroll a DH.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone else getting crazy lag tonight?

Advertisement