Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ruth199

What school are u goin to?
    LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    Laurie89 wrote: »
    I have to email everything to Sabis by the 30th of May too, and I don't finish my exams until next week and I don't get my results until June and I'll literally be in the middle of Nowhere for the summer working on a kids summer camp that has no internet, so it will be interesting if I can get everything sent off on time :) I'm also leaving for the middle of nowhere on the 25th of May so I have a week to get things sorted.

Is there many people on here going to Kalifa City A in Abu Dhabi?

I am literally in the exact same position as you, however I am not going to be going away in summer! :)

But I wont be able to get certified letter from college either till next week when i finish exams, i was going to get the letter though on tuesday, and head to dublin to get stamped by DFA first and then just give it to the arab chamber, because i think they are suppose to keep it for 5 working days and then send it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Laurie89

But I wont be able to get certified letter from college either till next week when i finish exams, i was going to get the letter though on tuesday, and head to dublin to get stamped by DFA first and then just give it to the arab chamber, because i think they are suppose to keep it for 5 working days and then send it back?

Are you going to Khalifa City A too??

I'm planning on heading up to Dublin too next week to get my thing stamped. They can keep it for a few days if they want but I want to make sure they actually get the thing in the first place :) The amount of letters and packages that I have lost in the mail this year alone is beyond me... haha
    However can I not just go into the Foreign Affairs office here in Limerick (where I'm from) and get them to stamp it? Dose it have to be the Dublin one do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ruth199

Laurie the DFA are quick about signing it if u do have to come up mine only took ten min!

Are you going to Khalifa City A too??

I'm planning on heading up to Dublin too next week to get my thing stamped. They can keep it for a few days if they want but I want to make sure they actually get the thing in the first place :) The amount of letters and packages that I have lost in the mail this year alone is beyond me... haha
    However can I not just go into the Foreign Affairs office here in Limerick (where I'm from) and get them to stamp it? Dose it have to be the Dublin one do you know?

Thanks Ruth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Aqib Shaikh

I had my 2nd telephone interview on the 29th April and haven't heard anything back, i've emailed my contact at Sabis but I've haven't heard anything, was wondering if any other UK candidates were in the same position?

• Advertisement

I had my 2nd telephone interview on the 29th April and haven't heard anything back, i've emailed my contact at Sabis but I've haven't heard anything, was wondering if any other UK candidates were in the same position?

Well I had my interview in January and I didn't hear anything until April, so they seem to be a bit slow on letting people know stuff.
    Have you been placed in a particular school yet, or is that one of the things you're waiting to hear back about?

Well I had my interview in January and I didn't hear anything until April, so they seem to be a bit slow on letting people know stuff.
    Have you been placed in a particular school yet, or is that one of the things you're waiting to hear back about?

Yeah that's true, I had my first interview in January as well and they got back to me on the 29th for a 2nd interview, I think i'm now waiting for them to get back to me whether i've got the job or not because I don't know whether I passed the second interview. I've spoken to a couple of people on FB and apparently there's a couple of people that haven't heard back yet but should be hearing something in the next couple of days.

Did you apply for the UAE?

Yeah that's true, I had my first interview in January as well and they got back to me on the 29th for a 2nd interview, I think i'm now waiting for them to get back to me whether i've got the job or not because I don't know whether I passed the second interview. I've spoken to a couple of people on FB and apparently there's a couple of people that haven't heard back yet but should be hearing something in the next couple of days.

Did you apply for the UAE?

Would you consider ringing them to find out? Or just to push them along in the right direction? I rang the guy who interviewed me, a few times, because I was told I'd hear by a certain date and I didn't I heard 3 weeks later, so I know how annoying it is waiting around to hear for definite. Is there anyone in particular you've been emailing that you could ask?

Yeah I applied for the UAE, but I may have gone about it differently than most people. I was over visiting my sister in Dubai for Christmas and strolled into a SABIS school asking about jobs and applications. So I did my face to face interview over there and that was the only interview I did, the guy who interviewed me said there was no need to do a phone interview when I was there and willing to travel to Sharja for my interview. I told him the UAE is really where I wanted to go... mainly Duabi as 'I have a strong support system already in place there with family and friends' well that's what I said to them any ways :)

Have you applied for the UAE too??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Funkychicken12

Hey I just confirmation that im being placed in ISC Dubai Green Community. Is anybody else going here? From what I've read it's only a new school, anyone else know anything about it?

Would you consider ringing them to find out? Or just to push them along in the right direction? I rang the guy who interviewed me, a few times, because I was told I'd hear by a certain date and I didn't I heard 3 weeks later, so I know how annoying it is waiting around to hear for definite. Is there anyone in particular you've been emailing that you could ask?

Yeah I applied for the UAE, but I may have gone about it differently than most people. I was over visiting my sister in Dubai for Christmas and strolled into a SABIS school asking about jobs and applications. So I did my face to face interview over there and that was the only interview I did, the guy who interviewed me said there was no need to do a phone interview when I was there and willing to travel to Sharja for my interview. I told him the UAE is really where I wanted to go... mainly Duabi as 'I have a strong support system already in place there with family and friends' well that's what I said to them any ways :)

Have you applied for the UAE too??

I don't know the name and number of the recruiter who called me but I am in contact with a recruitment officer Claire, who said someone should be getting back to me soon.

That's good, have you specified anywhere in particular or just the UAE? That's really good that you managed to go to a Sabis school and get a Face to Face interview! I guess that must have saved alot of time and you gave a decent answer by mentioning you had a strong support system which is always a plus and yeah I applied for the UAE and wanted to ideally go for Dubai or Abu Dhabi, but from what i've heard from other people places have been filling fast.

Have you chosen Primary or Secondary?

• Advertisement

I don't know the name and number of the recruiter who called me but I am in contact with a recruitment officer Claire, who said someone should be getting back to me soon.

That's good, have you specified anywhere in particular or just the UAE? That's really good that you managed to go to a Sabis school and get a Face to Face interview! I guess that must have saved alot of time and you gave a decent answer by mentioning you had a strong support system which is always a plus and yeah I applied for the UAE and wanted to ideally go for Dubai or Abu Dhabi, but from what i've heard from other people places have been filling fast.

Have you chosen Primary or Secondary?

I've been in emailing a Claire too, she's been quite helpful :) I asked for Dubai because family and friends live there. During the interview I said I'm open to going anywhere but Dubai would be my number one choice, if I got to choose, obviously I knew I may not get it, but I am actually delighted with getting Abu Dhabi, close enough to family and friends without being to close to them... if that makes sense?? haha
    I just finished my degree there two days ago and I am now a qualified science teacher for secondary schools, however with SABIS I could end up teaching any age. How about your self, primary or secondary?
    I wouldn't worry to much about places filling up quickly, a girl I know, just got placed two or three days ago in Abu Dhabi.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

Just to keep everyone posted, as promised. I just got my documents back from the Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce. I only posted them last Wednesday so it was quicker than I expected. That's all three stamps sorted and have just emailed them off. Yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mcdbd

namurt wrote: »
    Just to keep everyone posted, as promised. I just got my documents back from the Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce. I only posted them last Wednesday so it was quicker than I expected. That's all three stamps sorted and have just emailed them off. Yay :)

Getting my documents tomorrow. What courier did you use?

mcdbd wrote: »
    Getting my documents tomorrow. What courier did you use?

I'm not sure I follow. What do you need a courier for?

I got the impression that they want a physical copy of the attested degree, 16 photos and transcripts sent to the UAE. Not sure I want to put all that in the ordinary postal service where its bound to go missing. Courier as in FedEx, UPS, DHL etc.

There seems to be a confusion between ADEC and SABIS.
    SABIS documents are required to be returned via courier I.e FEDEX.
    ADEC documents are returned via email etc.

That's it Funkychicken. I'm with ADEC so just had to e-mail scanned copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 afordy

FunkyChicken, Sabis require a scanned copy of our certified degree by 30th May....we do not need to send it to them by post but we also need to bring a hard copy when we go over!

afordy wrote: »
    FunkyChicken, Sabis require a scanned copy of our certified degree by 30th May....we do not need to send it to them by post but we also need to bring a hard copy when we go over!

Yeh I was told that too about initially scanning it and sending it to them, but I was told by my school that I also have to post my attested degree from the dfa and Arab chamber of commerce via courier once I get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 afordy

Oh really? When did they tell you that? what school are u going 2 be teaching in?

• Advertisement

I've been in emailing a Claire too, she's been quite helpful :) I asked for Dubai because family and friends live there. During the interview I said I'm open to going anywhere but Dubai would be my number one choice, if I got to choose, obviously I knew I may not get it, but I am actually delighted with getting Abu Dhabi, close enough to family and friends without being to close to them... if that makes sense?? haha
    I just finished my degree there two days ago and I am now a qualified science teacher for secondary schools, however with SABIS I could end up teaching any age. How about your self, primary or secondary?
    I wouldn't worry to much about places filling up quickly, a girl I know, just got placed two or three days ago in Abu Dhabi.

Is that Claire Lucquey she's really helpful! Yeah I asked for Dubai as well and haha I see where you're coming from with the Abu Dhabi placement! You're families there and but they're not! Did you do a degree in the UK? and what did you study? Did you study Science as a PGCE? That's true, it's best to be open with Sabis so then they can place you wherever and I asked for primary and fingers crossed I hope I get it... I still haven't had an email back and I had my interview on the 29th April :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aoife.

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me?

I applied to SABIS about two months ago and heard nothing back. Given that most people I know that had applied have already had several interviews and knew which school they were going to I assumed I was out of the running and put tried to put it out of my head. Then a few days ago I got an email requesting confirmation of availability for a phone interview later this week. This is the first time they have contacted me since I emailed my application. I seem to be well behind everyone else in the application process, just wondering if anyone has only recently been contacted for their first interview?...

aoife. wrote: »

I applied to SABIS about two months ago and heard nothing back. Given that most people I know that had applied have already had several interviews and knew which school they were going to I assumed I was out of the running and put tried to put it out of my head. Then a few days ago I got an email requesting confirmation of availability for a phone interview later this week. This is the first time they have contacted me since I emailed my application. I seem to be well behind everyone else in the application process, just wondering if anyone has only recently been contacted for their first interview?...

I think most of the people that applied for Sabis that have either had their first or second interview because they submitted their applications back in November or December.. but if you've been offered a first interview, there probably still recruiting for this September, the reason why you're further behind is because you only applied 2 months back

If you read down through this thread you'll see that there were people being recruited pretty late. So I wouldn't worry. The only thing that will be hassle is the legalisation process for the degree and processing of the visa. That takes a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alia89

Hey,

Anyone still waiting to hear about the second telephone interview results?

I had mine on 2nd of May and still haven't heard anything when I was reassured that I will be contacted in 7-10 days...I've emailed my recruiter following up on the interview to which I got no reply, kind of worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sinead2312

Hey, just wondering if anyone has been placed in RAK or Ras Al Khaimah or has heard anything about the area??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Just had my phone interview for SABIS a couple of hours ago and it went well. Been invited for a second interview for Manama in Bahrain or for Sharjah in the UAE. They asked me for the list of documents and everything and I even started emailing the scanned copies back straight away.

But I just emailed them back now and told them that I no longer wish to pursue it. Thinking about it for a little bit longer, I really think that the living arrangements are far too strict. Not for me at all. No guests over unless they are immediate family, and you even have to file a request for this to happen!! I'd much rather have a slightly higher wage and have to pay my own way with rent and bills and everything. No problem with the way of life in those countries at all, even Sharjah. Just not liking the way SABIS operates everything.

And the teaching seems way too rigid as well. I honestly think I would feel like a robot following a lesson plan that was prepared by someone else, and they openly admit that drilling the children is a frequently used teaching methodology!!! They're not schools, they're factories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dot1990

Hi Aoife, I only applied to SABIS a few weeks ago and have just received an email requesting a telephone interview for next week so I would assume they are still recruiting for September. Have you had your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 helena_coz

Hi All,

Have an interview with Sabis- have a bit of a problem though. I have to be back in Ireland for my brothers wedding in November. Does anyone know if they give time off for things like that? would need about 3 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

helena_coz wrote: »
    Hi All,

Have an interview with Sabis- have a bit of a problem though. I have to be back in Ireland for my brothers wedding in November. Does anyone know if they give time off for things like that? would need about 3 days

I would have a look at the general information sheets here. They outline the leave policies, and anything else like that. Doubt they would allow it though. To give you an idea, if you're bereaved (and only for immediate family members) you get a few days unpaid leave.

Advertisement