Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

I'm roaming in the UK on the O2 network but haven't received a text message from Tesco Mobile informing me of roaming rates, roaming options, contact numbers etc. which I am used to getting with an Irish network SIM card when roaming in the UK or a UK network SIM card when roaming in Ireland.
    • Should I have received this information automatically?
    • Are there options to reduce costs when roaming?
      • Meteor have the same rates when roaming in Europe as at home
      • Vodafone (IE and UK) have Passport
    • Where can I find this information from Tesco Mobile?

Hi Felim

Yes you get this text when in the UK but not NI (need to 100% check this). Were you in NI or close to the coast in North West UK.

We do offer All Ireland rates when calling ROI numbers from NI. When you call other numbers from NI its roaming rates.

Alll our roaming information is here on the website.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/using-your-mobile-abroad.aspx

regards
    Paul

I purchased a Top-Up for my newly acquired Nokia C1-01 and attempted to apply it to my account using menu option Tesco Mobile > Top up > By Voucher but the voucher number field will only accept nine digits whereas a voucher number is twelve digits. I have applied the voucher by other means now but wonder if I'll be able to use the built-in option next time.

A small selection of phones seem to have a problem with this application. We have amended this in our next SIM profile which will be available soon.

regards
    Paul

Changes were made this morning to improve the data speed bottleneck issue. There are more changes to happen next week that should clsoe the isse issue fully.

Please let me know if you are seeing improvements.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Iv just being trying to use the internet on my fone and whatever update you's have made havnt helped me,its not working really at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Kaner2004

Changes were made this morning to improve the data speed bottleneck issue. There are more changes to happen next week that should clsoe the isse issue fully.

Please let me know if you are seeing improvements.

regards
    Paul

Data speeds are even worse for me today. I didn't think that was possible.
    Getting seriously browned off with tescomobile at this stage.
    If its not fixed in the next week I have to change to a more reliable service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

Hi Paul

No improvement in speeds in north county dublin. Also thinking of moving back to vf. It drives me mad when you have to be in a wifi area to use phone. just not good enough.

Ok thanks and apologies again. We can see some improvements but obviously it's not across the board. This was step 1 of 2 steps. Next week is the hopefully the final fix on this issue.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 39 n3lly

On a positive note :)

My Galaxy S2 just updated to Ice Sandwich (4.0.3)..

Haven't played around with it too much yet but looks very slick.
    I'm not sure if o2 have upgraded to it themselves but fair play to Tesco pushing it out as fast as they have (since saying they were road testing it).

On a separate note, was there an update about insurance?

Cheers..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

A few messages up I reported an issue with registration on the tescomobile.ie website. Thanks to a couple of PM's with Paul, he solved it 100%.

We are quick to criticise (often justly of course!) but it's important to be grateful as well, so a word of thanks to Paul for a job well done. :)

n3lly wrote: »
    On a positive note :)

My Galaxy S2 just updated to Ice Sandwich (4.0.3)..

Haven't played around with it too much yet but looks very slick.
    I'm not sure if o2 have upgraded to it themselves but fair play to Tesco pushing it out as fast as they have (since saying they were road testing it).

On a separate note, was there an update about insurance?

Cheers..

I will check on the insurance update when back in the office next week.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

I know this is a general Tesco thread so i won't get into the nitty gritty but thought i'd let others know that were thinking of upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich.

Everything seems to work quite nicely but my wifi (while it works) often seems to need to reconnect. Only takes 2seconds (literally) but still odd that it does it every few minutes. As if the wifi was going to sleep until needed again. Even though I'm constantly using a program.

Also more worryingly, battery life has taken an absolute hammering. down to 45% after 6 hours of moderate use. Going to give the os a little while to settle down when it'll hopefully be a bit better.
    Dunno what's happening with the wifi thing.
    Anyway just thought i'd share my 2c. :)

Thanks for looking into the insurance Paul.

Just one quick question actually..
    Plugged phone in last night, this morning it was off and wouldn't turn on. The phone felt quite warm as well so assuming it maybe overheated while charging. (started up when i held down the power and home button together for 10sec)

My question is if this keeps happening. Is there a way that I can get the old Gingerbread software back on the phone?

Luckily it's a Sunday so the sleep in was welcomed. Had this happened tomorrow (my finals start tomorrow). I'd have laughed... then cried.

Just wondering if you have a repair/service center that can carry the above out. Just in case.

Going to try a factory reset and see if things work better after that.

Thanks a million paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

hi tesco paul.

I got a message during the week that my bill would be ready, to go on line and check my details, etc my bill. I had forgotten my password or log in details. I clicked forgotten password I am still awaiting my text message, I got in contact with customer care, about the bill, she also said that she would send a text message with a new pin. I am still waiting two reset passwords. could you check this out for me.

Thanks
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Outofthecity

Hi Paul i want to sign up with Tesco but in my house there is little or often no 02 signal ...outside the house is usually fine Vf no probs with signal . Can i get a booster or signal repeater thats legal . I have read posts where they are available but there seem to be questions about their legality . Afaik vf do one for their network . Can you clarify this for me please ,thanks in advance

Just one quick question actually..
    Plugged phone in last night, this morning it was off and wouldn't turn on. The phone felt quite warm as well so assuming it maybe overheated while charging. (started up when i held down the power and home button together for 10sec)

My question is if this keeps happening. Is there a way that I can get the old Gingerbread software back on the phone?

Luckily it's a Sunday so the sleep in was welcomed. Had this happened tomorrow (my finals start tomorrow). I'd have laughed... then cried.

Just wondering if you have a repair/service center that can carry the above out. Just in case.

Going to try a factory reset and see if things work better after that.

Thanks a million paul.

Hi N3lly,

Contact customer care in the am and they will fill you in on the repair options.

regards
    Paul

jamescc wrote: »
    hi tesco paul.

I got a message during the week that my bill would be ready, to go on line and check my details, etc my bill. I had forgotten my password or log in details. I clicked forgotten password I am still awaiting my text message, I got in contact with customer care, about the bill, she also said that she would send a text message with a new pin. I am still waiting two reset passwords. could you check this out for me.

Thanks
    James

Hi James

Can you PM me your details and I will look into this tomorrow?

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul i want to sign up with Tesco but in my house there is little or often no 02 signal ...outside the house is usually fine Vf no probs with signal . Can i get a booster or signal repeater thats legal . I have read posts where they are available but there seem to be questions about their legality . Afaik vf do one for their network . Can you clarify this for me please ,thanks in advance

Sorry, if you have poor O2 signal than we are likely not for you. Signal boosters are not legal

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

On a positive note :) My Galaxy S2 just updated to Ice Sandwich (4.0.3)..

Has Tesco Mobile started pushing ICS to Galaxy S2's? Just wanted to check if it was O2 or Tesco Mobile doing so.

Hi N3lly,

Contact customer care in the am and they will fill you in on the repair options.

regards
    Paul

Thanks a million Paul, Will give them a call if needs be.
    (where else do you get responses at half ten at night!!!nice one..)

byrnefm wrote: »
    Has Tesco Mobile started pushing ICS to Galaxy S2's? Just wanted to check if it was O2 or Tesco Mobile doing so.

Well I remember Paul mentioning a few pages back that they were doing their final 'field tests' of ICS a while back so I'm assuming it's Tesco who are pushing it out.

Having said that 02 might be pushing it out as well but I'm with Tesco so can only give feedback on that side. I'm sure Paul can confirm if they're pushing it out. But I've done everything legally (ie. no rooting).

I'm still waiting for my phone to 'settle' down so i'll report back if when I feel my phone is working ok or whether or not it's working the way it should. As mentioned above some small problems seem to have arisen but they might just be blips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Hi Paul, seems to be an improvement with the data speeds here. I managed to get speedtest to load which refused to load on the last few occasions. Bearing in mind that I am trying at a different time of the day as normally it would be in the evening so not sure if its a contention issue.

1923520486.png

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Paul, Will give them a call if needs be.
    (where else do you get responses at half ten at night!!!nice one..)

Well I remember Paul mentioning a few pages back that they were doing their final 'field tests' of ICS a while back so I'm assuming it's Tesco who are pushing it out.

Having said that 02 might be pushing it out as well but I'm with Tesco so can only give feedback on that side. I'm sure Paul can confirm if they're pushing it out. But I've done everything legally (ie. no rooting).

I'm still waiting for my phone to 'settle' down so i'll report back if when I feel my phone is working ok or whether or not it's working the way it should. As mentioned above some small problems seem to have arisen but they might just be blips.

ICS for Samsung Galaxy SII is Tesco Mobile variant...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Grainne2012

Hi Paul, can't seem to access webtext for the last hour or so... HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Is there an expected fixtime?
    Thanks.

Hi Paul, can't seem to access webtext for the last hour or so... HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Is there an expected fixtime?
    Thanks.

Should be fixed shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

HI Paul

I had an awful day today for data, I was in Blanch, Finglas and Swords and could barely get on line in any of them. It was just loading and then saying No Internet Available .

Was Blanch & Finglas included in the areas were there was bottleneck problems

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Im normally in a wifi spot so never really was too concerned about data speeds, however, today i wasnt using wifi , was in dublin 9 , my first real experience of tesco data speed -taking ages to load a page :mad: so frustrating....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭GIMP

Same here in Dublin, pages constantly time out, really hope this promised fix works this week. I'm tiring with the data issue

Quick update for those interested in ICS (Galaxy S2).

Did a hard reset (backed stuff up first).
    Installed an app which fixed the wifi issue (kept constantly reconnecting, Wifi fixer is the name of the app).

Put all my apps back on.
    Have had zero problems since. In fact the battery seems to be lasting A LOT longer than it was before.

14 hours of moderate use with 30% battery remaining. (I was getting 12-13hours max beforehand)..

All in all very happy with how it's working :)

Hi Guys

Hope to have good news tomorrow regarding fix for data bottleneck.

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Hi Guys

Hope to have good news tomorrow regarding fix for data bottleneck.

Regards
    Paul

Lets hope so mate as it's been criminally slow for the last while and im talking Dublin city centre too not a remote country backwater,seriously needs to be sorted out ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dunno about that, :P

Advertisement