Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Oh wow! This could be the best thing EVER!

Rocksteady (I know, right? Right?) making a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game using the Arkham City engine:

http://www.examiner.com/playstation-in-charlotte/rocksteady-s-next-title-to-be-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-manhattan-crisis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What would one of my posts be without a sprinkling of hyperbole?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,450 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »

Rocksteady (I know, right? Right?) making a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game using the Arkham City engine:

http://www.examiner.com/playstation-in-charlotte/rocksteady-s-next-title-to-be-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-manhattan-crisis

Please please please please please please be good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »

Now that would be all kinds of fun.
    April, in 3D... drool...
    Ahem...
    I'd like to see a more linear game though, the first Batman game really benefited, as seen in the Arkham City which feels a bit, well, spread out.

Nice to imagine three worlds in 'Turtles, underground, overground (wombling free) and rooftops.

Split into different missions for the 4 leads?
    Are we going to follow each one in turn or have the option to select one for any given mission?

Will there be 4-player multi action???

Now, speaking of retro cartoons, where is that Battle of the Planets Beat-em-up for the Wii gone??

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Will there be 4-player multi action????

Turtles...4 player action...sounds like a game from your favourite genre :p

gfs_62686_2_10.jpg

• Advertisement

Has everyone seen the special they did for the 25th anniversary?

They had the classic Turtle cartoon characters meet the more recent Turtle cartoon characters. Even the original comic book Turtles were in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I have it. Its pretty good. Goes through the 2003 series, the 88 series and the original comics too. And they all take the piss out of each other.
    Only problem is the voice actors for the 88 turtles are different and its a little annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

On another note, mind blown......
    FD0ir.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I must watch it, I was just a little bit too old for the Turtles on TV.
    Unlike the likes of Tiny Toons there was no real irony or humour there for the older fans and none of the kick ass action and story telling that Batman: Animated had at that time, 1990 or so.
    I kinda remember the comic books back in the 80's and they were cool.

The recent CGI movie was pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I must watch it, I was just a little bit too old for the Turtles on TV.

True, a 30 odd year old in the mid-ninety's would have never gotten away with watching TMNT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    True, a 30 odd year old in the mid-ninety's would have never gotten away with watching TMNT

burn_08.jpg?1287857120

Steve SI wrote: »
    burn_08.jpg?1287857120

He couldn't have more openly asked for that :D

What I loved about TMNT was Shredder and Krang bitching at each other like an old married couple.

And tell me this doesn't represent an angry uterus at a certain time of the month!

krangandshredder.jpg

James Rolfe [AVGN] has a fairly in-depth three part look at the animated TMNT. Well worth a look - http://cinemassacre.com/2011/04/19/tmnt-cartoon-series-review-part-1-of-3/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Watched that a while ago, brought back some good old memories.

Was all made in Dublin too. There's even an episode where they go to Dublin zoo.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Watched that a while ago, brought back some good old memories.

Good isn't it :)

I've been perusing Pat The Nes Punk's stuff lately. It's a lot different to AVGN, but he has an intelligent humour which I like. Not everybody's cup of tea though

A great look at the BS Zelda games on the short lived Satellaview SNES attachment

Pyong & Sparks protesting over Gamestop leaving the UK

edl2.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

edl2.jpg

:pac:

That reminded me of that hilarious "muslamic ray guns" youtube video...

On a gaming related note - is there any decent retro or charity shops in Galway city does anyone know? Or any decent arcades?

• Advertisement

Bollox. I knew I shouldn't have listened to that again. Que:

"I'm going on a march, cuz I want Britain to be about British" in my head for the next two days. Editing genius though :D

I fear o1s1n will suffer the same fate. Prob starting singing it before he even clicks the link. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I fear o1s1n will suffer the same fate. Prob starting singing it before he even clicks the link. :)

Actually o1s1n was similarly afflicted by the melody too if I recall. Don't do it o1s, it's not worth it :(

Master of the Universe

Hahaha!

Sometimes I say 'I want brittain to be back Brittish - I want Brittian to be back Brittish' completely out of the blue, without really realizing what I'm saying :eek:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hahaha!

Sometimes I say 'I want brittain to be back Brittish - I want Brittian to be back Brittish' completely out of the blue, without really realizing what I'm saying :eek:

Oh is that what he's saying? Feckin autotune :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Try are streaming a live video from their store right now if anyone is interested.

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Good isn't it :)

I've been perusing Pat The Nes Punk's stuff lately. It's a lot different to AVGN, but he has an intelligent humour which I like. Not everybody's cup of tea though

Speaking of not everybody's cup of tea,
    is HowardCneal a guilty pleasure of any other boardsies for retro reviews?

He used to post 100s of fully improvised reviews under the name "kolibiri" with his signature mic-distorted voice.

You never knew what was coming in each review and there was so many classic moments

His account got closed, and a fan started re-uploading a lot of his videos on this channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kolibirism

You know that distorted voice grew on you after a while, and when he made a return to the tube over a year ago, you realized how much you missed that distortion!

http://www.youtube.com/user/thehowardcneal

I've had a lot of memories of true laugh out loud moments watching his videos.
    Definitely a refreshing break from all the heavily scripted AVGN style reviews out there.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Try are streaming a live video from their store right now if anyone is interested.

LINK

I take it's over by now? Just some Soul Calibur 2 footage now.

They are? :confused:

Never actually bought anything there (I don't think).

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I take it's over by now? Just some Soul Calibur 2 footage now.

Still going. They keep swapping out PCB's. I asked the guy running the video to put Batrider on and he replied.

Now to plan my attack on the store. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement