Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamsat 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dmccormack01

Sarah1379 wrote: »
    *high fives*
    I saw that. Each one was a cruel personal victory. I am a terrible person. XD

Also, what pisses me off is that at this stage they KNOW when the results are going out. So, send us an email and put us out of our misery! Why is it so hard?!

haha gotta take what we can! im going to use super nerds like jetblack as motivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭studentforever

Give me my f-ing results! I was so calm until today, been distracted by college assignments and exams, one final assignment to submit so I keep altering between research and all the gamsat forums..... gah!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Grrrrr, I feel like writing suck a strongly worded email to Acer...Grrrrrrrrrr.

Not that it would make any difference!!

I wonder what time the Australian results were released? IF they were only released an hour ago in Australia, then that means that its well past office hours when they were released.

Fock me, Im fairly clutching at straws!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

urggh. sorry to hear the wait continues.
    last year we got them at 2am or something ridiculous on the friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BoardWonderer

Hello all. In an attempt to reduce the uncertainty surrounding the release date for this year's results I emailed ACER last night. The emails went as follows...

"Dear GAMSAT Ireland Office.
    I was wondering if you could provide me with a date for the release of the results?"

"Dear Candidate,
    The results will be released on Monday 21st May. You will receive email notification and will be able to access your results through your account."

"Dear GAMSAT Office Ireland,
    I appreciate your timely response. If possible, please advise the time at which the results will be released."

"Dear Candidate,
    In the email we will give all of this information."

Hope this helps! And so now to await the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stephan Grundy

Way to go, Boardwonderer! Maybe I am not so bright after all, since I didn't even think of going directly to the source - thank you!
    Of course, the Acer Bastards have managed to ruin everyone's weekend here. Since I doubt they actually are working on a weekend, I can only assume that they are really some sort of extraterrestrial/spirit/choose your own form of woo-woo beings that feed directly off human anxiety, and are even now hanging invisibly over our shoulders cackling at the awesome feast spread out before them. That's my theory, anyway - it's a stupid one, but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 declanmoffit

I'm loving how keen and eager everyone on here is! It's brilliant-very encouraging! Hopefully we'll be merry classmates soooooooooooon.

I'm resigned to the wait.

Sure it'll be grand after all :)

Best of luck when they eventually come through!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bella84

Way to go, Boardwonderer! Maybe I am not so bright after all, since I didn't even think of going directly to the source - thank you!
    Of course, the Acer Bastards have managed to ruin everyone's weekend here. Since I doubt they actually are working on a weekend, I can only assume that they are really some sort of extraterrestrial/spirit/choose your own form of woo-woo beings that feed directly off human anxiety, and are even now hanging invisibly over our shoulders cackling at the awesome feast spread out before them. That's my theory, anyway - it's a stupid one, but I like it.

Monday so?! God, thats a new element of cruelty they havent thought of before. BUt I have to say, I'm just relieved they're finally out and that we have a date. Am surprised to see that some of the Paging Dr scores are so low though, have been browsing those threads for a while and you rarely see low 50 scores in Oz, but there are a number of them going around this year.

Scores were release about 5.30pm Aussie time (8.30am here).

Best of luck to everyone for Monday!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭cliona88

I'm getting so nervous reading those Australian posters. I'm thinking about the miserable three hours sleep I got before the exam. My brain started shutting down mid section three. Did anyone else survive the test with barely any sleep? I hope this doesn't affect me too badly

I got shag all sleep the night before, didn't study as much as I should have, and really am not holding out much hope for the results. But having said all that, I believe that miracles can happen. So now we have a date kinda, I'm going to get stuck into my last assignment, and I'm working sat, sun and mon so I should be distracted enough....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Nanorman

cliona88 wrote: »
    I'm getting so nervous reading those Australian posters. I'm thinking about the miserable three hours sleep I got before the exam. My brain started shutting down mid section three. Did anyone else survive the test with barely any sleep? I hope this doesn't affect me too badly

Stupid Monday.... :P I stayed in a hotel near the exam hall in RCSI that cost like €60 a night, can't really remember, but what I do remember is asking for a "quiet room" and being placed next to the elevator..... imagine a Friday night, drunk people every so often coming out shouting and the like. So a word of warning to anyone taking the exam, spend a little extra on a hotel so you wont get drunk people looking for a cheap hotel to crash in! ....and ask to be away from the elevator haha. So I was pretty tired going in.

cliona88 wrote: »

dont worry about it, its over with now! onwards and upwards :D i was practically doing a colouring in contest in section 3 i guessed that much!

Bella84 wrote: »
    Monday so?! God, thats a new element of cruelty they havent thought of before. BUt I have to say, I'm just relieved they're finally out and that we have a date. Am surprised to see that some of the Paging Dr scores are so low though, have been browsing those threads for a while and you rarely see low 50 scores in Oz, but there are a number of them going around this year.

Scores were release about 5.30pm Aussie time (8.30am here).

Best of luck to everyone for Monday!!!!!

the australian students must have it down to a fine art at this stage to be getting scores like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Are the scores for the Australian Universities much higher than Irish Universities? There's people on the pagingdr forum with scores of mid 60s who are talking about sitting again?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PeadarGalway

Right. That's it. I'm going on the lash for the weekend. See ye all on the flipside.

Are the scores for the Australian Universities much higher than Irish Universities? There's people on the pagingdr forum with scores of mid 60s who are talking about sitting again?

pretty sure you need high 60`s along with a great GPA to even get an interview, so much competition!

If I got 60 I'd be over the moon. I'm so glad I'm not Australian...

were the percentile curves on the pagingdr forum?

jtsuited wrote: »
    were the percentile curves on the pagingdr forum?

i havent seen them yet, but they will be up...they dont miss a trick on PD!

i think everyone in ireland would be estatic with a 60+... guaranteed place pretty much!:D

the curve is the deciding factor on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

jtsuited wrote: »
    the curve is the deciding factor on everything.

this!

Although you will have a fair idea of where you will get a place up based on the curve the wait for offers is far far FAR worse than the wait for results

this!

Although you will have a fair idea of where you will get a place up based on the curve the wait for offers is far far FAR worse than the wait for results

God, not this tithead again. Thanks for that little gem.

Cant get rid of a bad smell....

this!

Sweet Jesus, hadn't even thought about that.....

Sweet Jesus, hadn't even thought about that.....

Wouldnt worry, his/her's lifes work is to make everyone panic. Since GAMSAT came into play in Ireland, everyone with a 57+ seems to have more or less gotten a place. Whether its at the Uni you want or not is your own business.

Nothing written in stone I know but the ratio of scores/places seems to have remained pretty static over the years due to the mysterious scaling.

Positive thinking, or it'll be a loooooong summer!!

I'm gonna go with the positive thinking rather than the doom and gloom. Plus I'll be super busy until monday with work and college so if I can just stop going on to boards, I'd be laughing. I didn't tell anyone I was sitting it so I'm pretty sure I'm stressing because i can't whinge to anyone :rolleyes:

In retrospect, this was not my brightest plan......

The one single little good thing about this wait is the opportunity to pre-bond with our future fellow students and colleagues - through our mutual suffering, I have come to feel that I know a lot of ye, and like most of ye. Even though I won't be applying for a place until next year regardless of my score, I'm looking forward to meeting many of the people on this board in person then (if my scores this year permit - or next if necessary though, oh gods, I hope not! - AAAGH!).

I'm gonna go with the positive thinking rather than the doom and gloom. Plus I'll be super busy until monday with work and college so if I can just stop going on to boards, I'd be laughing. I didn't tell anyone I was sitting it so I'm pretty sure I'm stressing because i can't whinge to anyone :rolleyes:

In retrospect, this was not my brightest plan......

I wouldn't worry about your choice there - I made the other one (told people) and now, of course, I'm dreading the embarassment if I have to admit to all my friends on Monday that I cocked it up. Any way you slice it...well, we'll know soon. Glad I'm in Ireland and not Australia, though.

Waiting for these results is horrendous.... but if we look at it like a character builder, and instilling upon us saint like attributes for waiting and patience. :D may have to work on the latter! Weird to think that may one day be in med school with some of you, the idea of med school, actually being allowed to study medicine is kind of an abstract thing at the moment though ;)

seriously, the curve is the most vital information you can get. the gamsat is a competition pure and simple. don't worry about your score, worry about where that score puts you in terms of percentile.

• Advertisement

Waiting for these results is horrendous.... but if we look at it like a character builder, and instilling upon us saint like attributes for waiting and patience. :D may have to work on the latter! Weird to think that may one day be in med school with some of you, the idea of med school, actually being allowed to study medicine is kind of an abstract thing at the moment though ;)

Good point. And probably good practice, because the day is likely to come for all of us when we have done our best for a patient, but don't know when we'll find out whether they'll live or die...and still have to go right on, maintain full concentration, and do our best for the next patient and the next. Now that will be *real* stress...which is not much comfort right now as we gnaw our nails and try to keep from leaving little anxious puddles on the floor, but is something to think about. Maybe we should all practice the necessary mental compartmentalising now by trying to have a really good time over the weekend!

Advertisement