Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamsat 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

I haven't done the GAMSAT this year, but I wish everyone who did the very best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bella84

HMMM, anyone else not recieve this email? I would be inclined to disregard this folks unless it can be quantified.

Very suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PeadarGalway

I haven't received anything either...

Bella84 wrote: »

HMMM, anyone else not recieve this email? I would be inclined to disregard this folks unless it can be quantified.

Very suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 23 declanmoffit

Bella84 wrote: »

Very suspicious

Disinclined to believe...............as much as I wish it was true :)

Doubting Thomas..........

People who've nothing better to do than wind up those awaiting pivotal news are sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bella84

I haven't received anything either...

From looking at his other posts he seems a troublemaker and funnily, the number of posts never changes from 11!

Hope the mods are planning on doing something about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

I'd say it's a troll too. He claimed ACER emailed him at ~1:30am Australian time. Not likely. Idiotic and pathetic in equal measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sarah1379

Troll. If we’re getting an email for tomorrow, Biologic’s right, it’ll be at some ridiculous hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭studentforever

Hello all, I've been stalking this thread for weeks so finally took the plunge and registered.
    Throughout the entire waiting period, I had the 18th in my mind, but with acer you never know. For the london gamsat last september, I got an email 2 days before the results were out and an email at 5am saying they were available. So I haven't got a clue to be honest, but I would imagine that supackofidiots is talking out of their a$$.

Hopefully the Gamsat gods smile on everyone and we all get a fantastic score, but judging by my disgraceful essays and section 3 performance, I'm not holding out much hope. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nikmcv

Last week I checked the Limerick University website and read 18th May, 9am as the latest date for release of results to candidates. Not having received any notification from GAMSAT about this, I re-checked the Limerick website today. The date has changed to 21st May, 9am.

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Faculties/Education_%26_Health_Sciences/Departments/Graduate_Entry_Medical_School/LATEST/News_and_Events/2012?did=229427972&pageUrl=/WWW/Faculties/Education_%26_Health_Sciences/Departments/Graduate_Entry_Medical_School/LATEST/News_and_Events/2012

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stephan Grundy

Nope, I haven't gotten a notification letter either, and I've been checking, uh, pretty regularly (can you say "sad person without a life"?). False trail there, I think.
    Just went for a workout myself in hopes of burning some nerves off, not sure it helped, but hopefully the endorphins will kick in shortly...Planning to see Avengers over the weekend, maybe that will distract me...

WAAAAAH!!!

• Advertisement

Nope, I haven't gotten a notification letter either, and I've been checking, uh, pretty regularly (can you say "sad person without a life"?). False trail there, I think.
    Just went for a workout myself in hopes of burning some nerves off, not sure it helped, but hopefully the endorphins will kick in shortly...Planning to see Avengers over the weekend, maybe that will distract me...

WAAAAAH!!!

Did the same, in the end - kinda helped. I just wan to wear myself out so I SLEEP tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zaihast

I got a 60 in the UK one, and took the risk of not re-taking it (actually more like couldn't sit through it all again) hoping the score is enough.

But I know the feeling guys. Best of luck to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marge353

Is there no chance they would release results on a Saturday?
    This is a truely terrifying wait. I feel like im about to explode...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bonnieaurstomp

Wow, from the lack of posts on here, I'm assuming that the wait for results continues.
    I'm shocked. Lat year the exam was on the 26th and the results were released on Friday 20th of May. If ACER had followed the same time frame, the results would have been out today.
    The link to the UL page posted above had the date down as no later than the 20th last year, so it seems fairly reliable. The fact that it now appears that ACER will be releasing the results on a Monday is just further proof that they seem to enjoy screwing with everyones heads. Seriously, results out on a Monday? Way to ruin everyones weekend.
    I know it's torture for you guys, but just hang in there, and I hope to see some of you in UCD in September.

Wow, from the lack of posts on here, I'm assuming that the wait for results continues.
    I'm shocked. Lat year the exam was on the 26th and the results were released on Friday 20th of May. If ACER had followed the same time frame, the results would have been out today.
    The link to the UL page posted above had the date down as no later than the 20th last year, so it seems fairly reliable. The fact that it now appears that ACER will be releasing the results on a Monday is just further proof that they seem to enjoy screwing with everyones heads. Seriously, results out on a Monday? Way to ruin everyones weekend.
    I know it's torture for you guys, but just hang in there, and I hope to see some of you in UCD in September.

It's pretty crap. I don't know what they're doing over the weekend that's so important. Or that they couldnt have done in the past eight weeks. Do they even work weekends? Or did they just need Friday for some reason? Grrr. I guess we can all just take the weekend to stop refreshing our emails for a day or two though. :)

I doubt they'll come out on a saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pumpernick

Iv been following this thread for awhile.... had to register today!!
    Seriously thought I'd have my results this morning and the fact that I have to wait until Monday kills me!!
    Uggghhhhhaaa
    Hope this torture ends early monday morning!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nikki3

Australia have just received their results - people posting on "pagingdr". So if you are sick of checking your emails you can at least see how others did on that horrible section 3 (IMO childbirth was less traumatic!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dmccormack01

some insanely high scores on PD, alot of them wont even get an interview offer with a score of 60 :eek:

they need to hurry up with these results!

Wow, so jealous of the Australian peeps. Some fantastic scores, but also some people saying they’re surprised ‘cause they were sure they’d failed section III. So maybe we’re not totally doomed on that front.

Why, oh why could they not have given us all of our results together?! Took the exam on the same day, dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cash2905

Anyone got a link for the Paging Dr. forum? Can't seem to find it since they changed the site around. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Nanorman

So does that mean we will get our results today if Australia have? Is that how it usually works? I wont have internet access from 3:30-10:30 today.....lame :P

cash2905 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link for the Paging Dr. forum? Can't seem to find it since they changed the site around. Thanks

You need to register to see the thread. I already registered months ago and now it says invalid username??? WTF? Re-registering, when it's complete I'll throw up the link. But register for an account so you can actually see the damn thing....grrrr!!!!:mad:

Not sure if this will work but here it is...

http://pagingdr.net/forum/index.php?topic=5037.msg208944#msg208944

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cash2905

Ya I figured as much. They don't seem to want to let me register now. Ah bothered at this stage really... I'm just gonna pretend I got my results and go about my day in la la land.

Nanorman wrote: »
    So does that mean we will get our results today if Australia have? Is that how it usually works? I wont have internet access from 3:30-10:30 today.....lame :P

I wouldnt bet on it, ive resided myself to next week!

Someone called jetblack2007 got 92 in SIII, overall score of 79.... And with that goes my final shred of hope for a good score. :(

I wouldnt bet on it, ive resided myself to next week!

I’m oscillating between frantically checking my emails and telling myself to stop being an idiot and wait ’til Monday.

GAH.

but some of the science grads got low 50`s, theres hope for us non-sciencer`s yet!

Someone called jetblack2007 got 92 in SIII, overall score of 79.... And with that goes my final shred of hope for a good score. :(

You never know. Chin up! jetblack2007 is obviously a robot.

• Advertisement

but some of the science grads got low 50`s, theres hope for us non-sciencer`s yet!

*high fives*
    I saw that. Each one was a cruel personal victory. I am a terrible person. XD

Also, what pisses me off is that at this stage they KNOW when the results are going out. So, send us an email and put us out of our misery! Why is it so hard?!

Advertisement