Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamsat 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stmp

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news lads but I was told this week by an employee of one the universities that Acer won't be releasing results to students until the 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sarah1379

Lots of stuff flying around about dates, I’ve heard various things. But I reckon it won’t be tomorrow, or they would have emailed us. End of next week I’d say. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

The year I got my results we were only emailed at 5am that morning. The results were released 4 hours later. ACER are useless for giving people a heads up.

OOh that’s promising Biologic! I seriously so want them tomorrow. But I’m trying to calm myself. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bella84

Reponse to my (rather impolite) e-mail to ACER in Australia regarding the release date. They make reference to mid may specifically (em, its mid may now??!) and combined with the info on the UL website giving the 21st as the latest date I would doubt that it will go as late as the 30th. In any case, I hope its not Monday because we cant really get pissed on Monday night!!

"The results are being calculated and will be released as per the advertised dates on the website from the day registrations opened in November. We understand that it is a trying time for all candidates who hope to go on and apply to medical courses commencing in 2013. Each year the results have been released at the same time. The time taken to process and verify the results is, as you may appreciate rather lengthy as the GAMSAT is an extremely high stakes test. We are committed to ensuring that the results are checked thoroughly ensuring the best quality service and product to candidates and Universities alike.

Results will be released mid May. We are unable to give an exact date. Candidates will receive email notification and the results accessible through your account"

• Advertisement

Stmp wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news lads but I was told this week by an employee of one the universities that Acer won't be releasing results to students until the 30th

That will make it ten weeks since we sat the test though?! They've never gone beyond 8 weeks, also the Aus candidates have to verify and submit their course choices to GEMSAS (their CAO) by "late may" so this doesnt leave them any time to recieve their GAMSAT results and amend or change course choices based on marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gordonia

I just checked my emails from last year and the one from Acer re: results came at 10.09am on Friday the 20th of May.

Thing is though, I actually got the results in the post before I saw this email, so they must have been posted out on the Thursday...

If (as Acer stated above) the results are sent out at the same time every year, tomorrow's the day I'd say.

Good luck everyone!! Hope you all get what you need. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Just after looking at that facebook page for September 2012 UL GEM students and it seems the overseas students have got their offers......very very jealous!! Hopefully this time tomorrow we'll all be celebrating!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/201089616673238/

Hey Flanders, linky? Need to see to believe! That’s a good sign alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

The North American students always get their offers well before the Irish. I wouldn't use that as an indicator for a GAMSAT release date. Also, I just saw the post CAOMAN had on the last page stating that the results will probably be released next week. I hate to burst peoples bubbles, but that guy generally knows what he's talking about :o.
    Hopefully they come out tomorrow, but I wouldn't stay awake all night refreshing your emails for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭cliona88

The acer website now says 'results will be released late May'. I'm pretty sure it used to say mid may.. Another few painful days ahead of us now I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LNH86

Oh why havent Acer emailed us yet to say the results will be out tomorrow!?! This is driving me insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stephan Grundy

Hope it's soon - I'm so close to widdling myself with nerves, I'm thinking I should get a pack of incontinence pants if this goes on (embarassed smirk).
    Really, you'd think ACER deliberately designed every aspect of this test to maximise stress and anxiety. Maybe they did, under the logic that if you can't hack long-term stress, medicine might not be the career for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LNH86

cliona88 you are right I checked the gamsat site yesterday and it definately said mid may! - now late may!?

LNH86 and Cliona, I’m pretty sure it always said results late may.

I say we vote.

http://poll.pollcode.com/s6gk

To pass the slow, slow time.

@ Stephan, I know, I’m actually considering going to the gym on a non-gym day to waste an hour or so. XD

Sarah1379 wrote: »
    LNH86 and Cliona, I’m pretty sure it always said results late may.

I say we vote.

http://poll.pollcode.com/s6gk

To pass the slow, slow time.

@ Stephan, I know, I’m actually considering going to the gym on a non-gym day to waste an hour or so. XD

My intentions, on the other hand, are not nearly as virtuous as going to the gym, given that the only excercise i'll be doing tonight is working my pizza eating hand. I eat when I'm stressed......

It says on the Australian ACER information leaflet that the results are released Mid May.

Hope it's soon - I'm so close to widdling myself with nerves, I'm thinking I should get a pack of incontinence pants if this goes on (embarassed smirk).
    Really, you'd think ACER deliberately designed every aspect of this test to maximise stress and anxiety. Maybe they did, under the logic that if you can't hack long-term stress, medicine might not be the career for you.

Stephan, the one thing I've noticed about this particular thread is that there is literally always someone willing to pee on your cornflakes the second you attempt to get your hopes up or console yourself. It's shameful really.

I vote that we keep on hoping and anticipating, it's the only thing we have to keep us going, and in any case, we have to assume that the results will arrive in the same manner as all of the previous years, which makes tonight or Monday (ugh) likely options.

I dont buy all this ****e about the 30th etc.

• Advertisement

It says on the Australian ACER information leaflet that the results are released Mid May.

Whoo, good on ya, bud!!

Thats twice (see the email I recieved) they've said Mid May now.

I'm a civil servant and whenever we are releasing results or deadlining initiatives etc we always give a date a at least a week beyond what we actuallyexpect. Building contractors etc do this too.

Makes you look efficient etc....makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 strangeweather

Hi everyone, just wanted to wish you all the best whenever Acer decide to put us out of out misery. My nerves are absolutely shot!! Didn't think I would be this nervous. What a voyage of self discovery this had been :p

My intentions, on the other hand, are not nearly as virtuous as going to the gym, given that the only excercise i'll be doing tonight is working my pizza eating hand. I eat when I'm stressed……

I know, me too . . . hence gym haha. Seriously, the amount of fridge raiding over the last two days has been abysmal!

Celebration/ commiseration pizza for me tomorrow yay/:( !

HOW IS IT ONLY HALF THREE?!!! HOWWW??

Hurrah!

Also, the poll tells us it was always late May. Phew.

http://poll.pollcode.com/s6gk_result?v

Sarah1379 wrote: »
    I know, me too . . . hence gym haha. Seriously, the amount of fridge raiding over the last two days has been abysmal!

Celebration/ commiseration pizza for me tomorrow yay/:( !

HOW IS IT ONLY HALF THREE?!!! HOWWW??

Isnt it great how women can justify eating junk food to cope regardless of the outcome of the results.

This burger being advertised at the end of the page has GAMSAT related coping technique written all over it as well.....

Bella84 wrote: »
    Isnt it great how women can justify eating junk food to cope regardless of the outcome of the results.

This burger being advertised at the end of the page has GAMSAT related coping technique written all over it as well.....

Great? Haha I think its fan-flipping-tastic! And delicious. Damn internets reading our minds.

It’s nice having folks to sound off to here, think might go mad otherwise.

Sigh.

This too shall pass.

Totally. Zen.

Regardless of when the results come out, best of luck to everyone and hopefully we'll be sharing a few drinks come September!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

I got an email about ten minutes ago saying results will be released tomorrow morning at 9am.

:O

dreading it. reckon I did fair ****e, stupid engineering undergrad :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

emailigot wrote: »

Dear Candidate,

Your 2012 GAMSAT Ireland Results will be available from 9am on Friday the 18th May 2012.

To access your results you will need the e-mail address you used to register and your GAMSAT candidate ID number.
    If you do not know your ID number please log onto the GAMSAT results website and follow the instructions provided, your ID number will be emailed to you - there can be some delay with this system if demand is high.

You may access the log-in webpage from the link below:
    http://gamsat-ireland.acer.edu.au/results/
    If you encounter problems accessing your results please contact Lisa at the GAMSAT Office for assistance gamsat-ie@acer.edu.au.
    Good Luck to you all.
    Lisa

GAMSAT Ireland Office
    http://www.gamsat-ie.org/gamsat-ie@acer.edu.au

Advertisement