Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Lessons Learned : Zombies can open closed doors :(

5000 blood left, holed up in church at Electro. Off to bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Still 4-5 of us on US5.... me and Kiith are heading to Stary Sober after taking a major wrong turn... anyone nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Still 4-5 of us on US5.... me and Kiith are heading to Stary Sober after taking a major wrong turn... anyone nearby?

What version is US5 running? Apparently it's compatible with 1.6.92612, but I don't seem to be able to join. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Ponster wrote: »
    Lessons Learned : Zombies can open closed doors :(

5000 blood left, holed up in church at Electro. Off to bed :)

Yeah the doors thing is pretty annoying. Thanks for the transfusion btw, saved me big time. Later managed to find some painkillers outside the back of the church from a dead survivor.

There was a guy called Sceptre who kept asking people to come to the church and I went to see what he wanted but couldn't see him. Found 3 bodies of survivors near there though so bailed out pretty quick.

Got really lucky with the loot too, managed to get matches, binoculars, a watch, toolbox and a compass. Plenty of food and bandages too but a little lacking in ammo at the moment. Still hanging around elektro but will move on soon, it attracts too many bandits.

nummnutts wrote: »
    What version is US5 running? Apparently it's compatible with 1.6.92612, but I don't seem to be able to join. :(

Its seems to be latest version that posted earlier so same as most servers.
    Going to try a European server DE4 now.
    Got really lucky with the loot too, managed to get matches, binoculars, a watch, toolbox and a compass. Plenty of food and bandages too but a little lacking in ammo at the moment. Still hanging around elektro but will move on soon, it attracts too many bandits.

You should come save Ponster (repay the favour) and then head north towards Stary Sober and meet up with us... have nearly enough parts for a car too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy ****ing ****. I teamed up with two random lads. Had that whole Mexican stand off thing to begin with. 'ARE YOU FRIENDLY?! IM FRIENDLY!!'

We just spent the last 5 hours exploring the place in the dark as a team. At one point we even all stopped in an abandoned building, cracked open a beer each and had a chat.

After many many zombie fights, we urgently needed some medical supplies - so one of us went off to find a hospital while the other two of us waited.

While he was gone we were attacked by about 7 zombies. Killed them all, but absolutely no ammo left.

My mate who had gone to get the medical supplies came back and gave me a Lee Enfield with 30 rounds - score! we were set!

Then the **** hit the fan, we saw another group of guys coming towards us. There was a bit of a firefight, but then it all went quiet. I leaned my head around a corner to see if we'd got them and BAM! I took one in the head.

As I hit the ground, insta death, my two mates let out a cry of dispair -

'ORION! NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

(for some reason they both called me Orion for the whole five hours rather than Oisin. I have absolutely no idea why'

I could have wept. Seriously. I don't know what it was, but I'd become very attached to my team mates over the five hour period.

That was my first 'proper' game. And my god. There are no words. I've played multiplayer games before, but there really is something about the human interaction in this, be it giving blood transfusions or making sure everyone has water - there's nothing like it. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Do people not find there's a lot of backstabbing?

I saw this on the chat:
    XRONIC: Well Andrew, looks like this is the end of the road.

ANDREW: No it keeps on going see

ANDREW IS DEAD :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

You should come save Ponster (repay the favour) and then head north towards Stary Sober and meet up with us... have nearly enough parts for a car too :)

Yeah I was gonna but he disconnected at that point unfortunately. Hopefully we'll all get on the same server again tomorrow and we can plan things out. I've just seen videos of groups who've repaired a bus and drove all over!

nummnutts wrote: »

You'll find the latest patch here :

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I was having trouble running both the Beta Patch & Dayz together. Was using a Mod Launcher too.

Btw I'm online on Server DE8 if anyone is around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

There was a guy called Sceptre who kept asking people to come to the church and I went to see what he wanted but couldn't see him. Found 3 bodies of survivors near there though so bailed out pretty quick.

Sceptre wont be hurting anyone again... well at least until they find a cure for death

Got sniped at some military base, was scavenging a dead soldiers backpack. Must've been a lure

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The game has evolved into such a way that if you're alone its no fun anymore. Unless you REALLY like the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The game has evolved into such a way that if you're alone its no fun anymore. Unless you REALLY like the challenge.

I guess I like a challange then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Internet went down last night, I nearly cried!!

Im back today, yay.

Its defiantly getting more hostile out there. Seems society is breaking down.

We did run into a crew at a castle last night, really tense stand off but we did some trading in end and went our separate ways.

Ive done the [Boards] tag anyway , hope to run into ya'll.

Also EU based servers never seem to be accessible but the NY and Chicago always seem grand? Im in NY a lot.

It also looks like this mod is about to get very busy-

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/12/for-the-love-of-pc-gaming-download-day-z-arma-2s-zombie-survival-mod/

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Thank fook that there are still games that allow modding, will devs finally realise the benefits of allowing their games to be modded?

Will try my best to get an Irish server up today, I need to download the full game to the server from that I can read, so may take a bit of time.

Do you guys want the server passworded to keep it Irish only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    Internet went down last night, I nearly cried!!

Im back today, yay.

Its defiantly getting more hostile out there. Seems society is breaking down.

We did run into a crew at a castle last night, really tense stand off but we did some trading in end and went our separate ways.

Ive done the [Boards] tag anyway , hope to run into ya'll.

Also EU based servers never seem to be accessible but the NY and Chicago always seem grand? Im in NY a lot.

It also looks like this mod is about to get very busy-

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/12/for-the-love-of-pc-gaming-download-day-z-arma-2s-zombie-survival-mod/

HAHA the youtube video is hilarious. Always wanted to see arnold schwarzenegger in a zombie movie!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

TheFairy wrote: »

That'd be brilliant, thanks. As for password protected, it might be a good idea to start it like that, and see how many people we can get on it. Maybe boardsies and friends at first?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

i kinda agree on the password , but with the password off it makes encounters more intense, cuz u dont no if its a boards member or just some random killer :D

or maybe am too trusting of boards members lol

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Theres a lot of work to do before I have a chance to get a server up. I have enough bandwidth to host a server from home here, so might go that way instead. Not sure if I could host and play at same time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

getting everything set up so i can jump into this :) need some advice on something though, i need to get a headset for the pc and can go with a turtle beach x12 or p11 anyone have any opinions on them? i need to be able to shout friendly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I had a good game last night, but it was ended by another frustratingly buggy death. There were 4 of us in the group. After stumbling across a military airfield with a medical centre and loads of bodies of marines we all got some nice smgs - no ammo though. We were chased out of the place by a horde and after we dealt with them we decided to head to the near by city. Again there was some nice items to scavenge in some of the buildings. I was busy stocking up goodies from a shop floor while the others scouted on ahead. A different type of handgun lay on the ground and I decided to pick it up just to see what it was like. I had intended of switching back to the Markov all along as it had more ammo but when I went to switch back it was gone. Vanished. So I now had a gun with 1 clip as opposed to a gun with 3.

I heard shots and I decided that it was best to give up the search for my Markov. Rushing outside I saw the 3 other guys on top of the roof of a building with about 15 zombies buzzing around the bottom of a ladder trying to get up. They weren't having much success. Some of the zombies saw me and I quickly went through my 7 remaining bullets. More came and I ran. Fortunately by blind chance I happened to run into a fake doorway that had a revolver and ammo lying on the ground. As I was being clobbered by a zombie I managed to pick up the gun and blast him and a couple of others in the head. I was safe for now but more zombies were close by.

I ran to the ladder were the horde of zombies had previously gathered. The guys had shot them all and I was able to climb the ladder to safety. Or so I thought... When I got to the top of the ladder something strange happened. The animation twitched as my character attempted to transition from climbing the ladder to getting off it. Next thing I know I'm falling three stories to my death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There are definitely some major bugs, but i've been lucky so far and only had thetwo yesterday that really affected me. Lost a gun (similar to above) and also for no reason almost died and got a broken leg. Was walking into a room to see if anything was there, and next thing i know i'm on the ground dying. Managed to recover, but my blood is down to 4000 now. Now we need to get to a hospital, though we've no idea where to go.

It's pre-alpha though, so bugs aren't surprising. For what it's worth, it does a fantastic job.

Day 2 and the journey is getting longer (thanks in no part to a few wrong turns) though our supplies are now increasing we are running low on blood (just above critcal) and can't find a city with a hospital.

The journey is red is my lone trek but the one in blue is the jont one up to the current location near Stary Sober where of course there is no Hospital!!

Choice is now either to go back west towards Zelen or continue east towards Berzinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I assume there an option with the map to track your course? I also assume that you picked one up by chance?

I assume there an option with the map to track your course? I also assume that you picked one up by chance?

Not sure if you can track your path... in truth the in-game map is quite hard to read so I just use one a HQ one that I got online.

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/images/chernarus_big_hq.jpg

Theres a lot of work to do before I have a chance to get a server up. I have enough bandwidth to host a server from home here, so might go that way instead. Not sure if I could host and play at same time though.

Should be possible to run it as a service I think based on this info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Would it great to have a Boards.ie dedicated server; just spent 1/2 hour trying to get into a game, everything is full.

P.

Anyone having trouble running both DayZ and the OA Beta Patch? Been using the mod launcher but having trouble getting them both running. I can run the Dayz mod fine on it's own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thank fook that there are still games that allow modding, will devs finally realise the benefits of allowing their games to be modded?

Will try my best to get an Irish server up today, I need to download the full game to the server from that I can read, so may take a bit of time.

Send us a PM if you have issues running it.

I still have our CFG files from our server.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement