Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

oceanclub wrote: »
    Would it great to have a Boards.ie dedicated server; just spent 1/2 hour trying to get into a game, everything is full.

P.

Your best bet would be american server, they seem easy to get into and fairly quick to load. You just need to make sure your on latest beta patch.
    Anyone having trouble running both DayZ and the OA Beta Patch? Been using the mod launcher but having trouble getting them both running. I can run the Dayz mod fine on it's own

I don't use the launcher just the cmd line method and have had no issues thus far but other seems to be able to use launcher just fine.

This a good guide for setting it up either way:
    http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=449

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone having trouble running both DayZ and the OA Beta Patch? Been using the mod launcher but having trouble getting them both running. I can run the Dayz mod fine on it's own

This is the correct setup.

Some servers using CBA and armalib, you dont need them but may get an error thats not game stopping.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/aluncger.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I've installed the Arma II launcher, but it doesn't appear to detect the addons I'd previously added to (in my case) F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns. How do I force it to detect these?

P.

I've installed the Arma II launcher, but it doesn't appear to detect the addons I'd previously added to (in my case) F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns. How do I force it to detect these?

P.

in the screen shot above go to Addon Options and click on the + then browse to your addon folder.

they will then appear in the addons screen IF you followed the correct folder structure.

/@NAME
    /Addons
    PBOs inside the addons folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I think I've made a slight balls of this; I have _two_ addins directories:

• F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\Addons
    • F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns

Which of these should the DayZ file go into? (They're currently in the latter)

I've added both of these directories to the Addin Options but still don't see DayZ as a mod:

addins.th.png

Help appreciated (yeah, I think I need another coffee)

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

I updated the game to the patched version. I can get on the US3/4/5 servers run around,pick up loot and interact with my friend but I cannot see or hear any zombies in all the hours I have been on. Even if they are chasing my friend around in front of me I am unable to see them? Zombie count in debug monitor is 0. This happening to anyone else?

I think I've made a slight balls of this; I have _two_ addins directories:

• F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\Addons
    • F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns

Which of these should the DayZ file go into? (They're currently in the latter)

I've added both of these directories to the Addin Options but still don't see DayZ as a mod:

addins.th.png

Help appreciated (yeah, I think I need another coffee)

P.

They are the games addons folders. put your @dayz folder into either and make sure inside that its is a folder called addons and inside that is all the PBOs.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/dayz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

3 old days character just got shoot in head by an ass hat in electro. I was KITTED out with everything, me wanna cry:o

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Hey guys,

I just came across that OP vid on a thread on Iracing, now i'm keen as hell to get this game. Getting it instead of diablo3 i think.

I just need combined operations and perhaps the PMC and then the mod and i'm good to go? So psyched to get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This game needs more feckin servers! Spent ages now trying to get into one but they're all full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Got that working (Dayz + Beta patch), am on US5 now. Who is Grim btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

yeah, its a total nightmare trying to get in. Once your in, stay it seams!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Who is Grim btw?

Grim : Admin over at The Irish Guard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

There are a few free servers (though a lot less then normal).
    I also there a good few boards players on the US servers so hopefully can get into one of those.

Btw anyone know where there is a medical station at NW Airport or if there even is one? Seems to be fairly popular place for death though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Downloading this now. Should be playing in a few hours!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Finally, I can play again after a busy weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Anyone got a guide for hosting? Need configs etc.

TheFairy wrote: »

dedicated or control panel server?

Can you install this on?

http://www.yomatools.be/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Initially running from home here at the mo, will work on tig server next week, its a bit laggy at the mo for some reason.

Initially running from home here at the mo, will work on tig server next week, its a bit laggy at the mo for some reason.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104991-Tophe-s-ArmA2-Dedicated-Server-Tool-(TA2DST)

Heres another handy tool for running and managing mods.

Needs a beast of a PC to host an arma server.

ip? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I had trouble just there where the sky is grey (like when you get attacked) and I cant move and there is a huge green hourglass on the screen now and it's kinda loading down? I don't think I died

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I had trouble just there where the sky is grey (like when you get attacked) and I cant move and there is a huge green hourglass on the screen now and it's kinda loading down? I don't think I died

I think you need some blood. That happened me last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

What's the cheapest way to get this up and running does anyone know?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I have nothing more than the wiki I posted earlier.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

This forum seems to be the place for answers :

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?140-ARMA-2-amp-OA-Servers-amp-Administration

And here is the tool to manage the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

god it sucks at night, cant see ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Spunge wrote: »
    god it sucks at night, cant see ****.

Make sure to throw a couple of flares (Hit F). You can also pick them up if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Lads on the outskirts of electra on US 5 if anyones around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Fawkon wrote: »
    Lads on the outskirts of electra on US 5 if anyones around

I'm trying to get in but I'm dead when I spawn for some reason.

What's the cheapest way to get this up and running does anyone know?
    Save yourself $10 by just buying Operation Arrowhead, downloading/activating ARMA 2: Free, then doing a "Combined Operations Lite" install (basically running A2F as an OA mod).

url]www.arma2.com[/url
    [forums.bistudio.com]

Basically create a shortcut for OA that uses the following target, as an example:

C:\Games\ARMA2OA\arma2oa.exe -mod=C:\Games\ARMA2Free;expansion

An example for if the install directories have spaces in the names:

"C:\Games\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Free;expansion"

^^ that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

I'm trying to get in but I'm dead when I spawn for some reason.
    gimme a shout out on the main comms if you get in

its says your battleeye client is not resopnding, maybe try reinstalling just battleeye, hit me u on steam if you want same nick as here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement