Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

First server I got into in a while and all it showed "You Died..."

Which should be impossible as I was in middle of forest in middle of nowhere!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

6 of us (with boards tags) online but in 6 different servers.

I think that with the goal that we all try to get to play together, we should decide on a certain area/town and head there (no matter what server we are on) to make it easier once we're on the same server.

I was just trying random servers to see if they are all borked... managed to get onto another hardcore server but hey at least my character is still alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ponster wrote: »
    And that way we could use this link to find out where people are playing.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/arma2/?search_by=online_player&query=boards

Do you need to use the username as [boards] before your actual username or can you assign a prefix manually after registration? Ill rename my ARMA profile to [boards]Cravez also :)

Can we get a list of steam names going of those who are interested in adding each other? Get a Steam group going too?

My steam handle is Cravez

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i'm dekrieg on that list. but i am not online cause I cannot connect.

• Advertisement

Also guys, does anyone know how you can bring your humanity up or how to change from bandit to survivor? I relogged back into my character (didn't know it saved your gear and location) and I only noticed I became a bandit after shooting the guy (from my first experience story here) that was shooting me and I killed him in self defense.

Can we get a list of steam names going of those who are interested in adding each other? Get a Steam group going too?

My steam handle is Cravez

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boardsie

I'll invite anyone who replies to this thread with their Steam nick.

it's Blitz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

6 of us (with boards tags) online but in 6 different servers.

I think that with the goal that we all try to get to play together, we should decide on a certain area/town and head there (no matter what server we are on) to make it easier once we're on the same server.

Yeah that would be great. Would love to try and get a car going. I must download a copy of the map as I haven't a clue where I am half the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm connected to US5. Worked straight away, but its 1st Peron only with no crosshairs. At least I can play though.

Steam name is rhynoalbino btw.

• Advertisement

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boardsie

I'll invite anyone who replies to this thread with their Steam nick.

balkieb is mine - [Boards] Balkie in game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm connected to US5. Worked straight away, but its 1st Peron only with no crosshairs. At least I can play though.

Thats veteran, normal is cross hairs and 3rd person.

Use ALT to look around.

Or of you have a trackir turn it on :)

us5 is asking for 1.60.92600 version and i have 1.60???

is that of arma 2 or of dayz?

How do I update to client 1.60.92600 (I have 1.60) as I can't join the US5 server without it.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    us5 is asking for 1.60.92600 version and i have 1.60???

is that of arma 2 or of dayz?

Most servers use the beta patches

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

92612 is the best.

use the launcher to point to it without any CMD ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Anyone play at moment?

That US5 server was fun but it was hardcore mode (no 3rd person and no crosshair) and still early daytime so hopefully can find one that no either of those things.

Edit: Who is [Boards]Dal gCais on UK1?

That was me, Balkie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Most servers use the beta patches

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

92612 is the best.

use the launcher to point to it without any CMD ****e.

Will this patch work with the steam version? Is there a guide I can follow?

4 of us on US5. we should perhaps choose a location to all head towards.

grizzly wrote: »
    Will this patch work with the steam version? Is there a guide I can follow?

yup use the launcher and just point it towards the exes.

1 problem tho you dont appear in steam as playing it so the steam voice thing is useless.

TS or mumble :)

4 of us on US5. we should perhaps choose a location to all head towards.

Definitely, we should all say where we are so we can figure out the handiest place to meet. I'm roaming around elektro now.

• Advertisement

Definitely, we should all say where we are so we can figure out the handiest place to meet. I'm roaming around elektro now.

I'm at Msta, heading down towards you (though slowly) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Do you need arrowhead as well to play this ? Because I got a Free copy of Arma II from Greenmangaming.

But will i have to buy arrowhead also to play ?

Was in Cherno, sniping on the crane (my safehouse) to help some one being chased by zombies only to get a bullet in the head from another sniper :(

Love the harshness of this game :D

I jumped onto US5 briefly. problem is I'm waaay up in the northern military airfield

even though I logged off last night, I couldnt sleep in much and logged back on in the early hours of the morning and continued my journey to the airfield. Entertaining when I got there as I essentially set off a tonne of zombies and got trapped in a barracks with the horde clawing at me. Once patched up I started to sneak towards the runway itself to see if there was a way across without being sniped when suddenly

player: I see you!

I stop

player: connla

I **** pants

me: ok

me: and?

player: dont loot the bodies in front of you

At this point I was lying on my belly in the grass just at the treeline and couldnt even see any bodies

me:: What bodies?

player: just ahead of you pass the guardhouse. You can loot the bandits, but leave the survivor, he's coming back.

I loot the bandits, getting a silenced mp5 out of it and begin my slow mix of crawling/sprinting across the runway.

I reach the far side, the nirvana everyone speaks of where there is much great loot.

nothing

there was nothing.

I find the player who had me in his sights on the top of the tower, but once his friend returned he departed and I scoured around for supplies.

I was getting desperate, my blood was just below 4000 so I was having trouble seeing, I was out of food and water.

but there was nothing

after my long journey the northern airfield turned out to be a pile of crap and now everytime I log in I can barely focus and there is still nothing but crap at the airfield. Might have to kill myself.

ahh well 130+ zombie kills and a few bandits made it a good run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Balkie and I just wiped out about 30 zombies in a town, and they kept on coming. Had to bail as they kept attacking, and we were both hurt. At 150 zombie kills between us now. We're heading for green mountain on our way to zelangorsk.

I did however pick up almost an entire car, so road trip!

I'm at Msta, heading down towards you (though slowly) :)

Nice one, I'm in the Church there now, gonna stay put as I think I need a blood transfusion or something.

Ok. At Komoshova. No hospitals there ?

Ok. At Komoshova. No hospitals there ?

Looking for one now, will meet up in the church when you get here. I'm pretty low on ammo and everything is real blurry so hopefully I'll survive!

Cannot believe this simple mod got people playing possibly the greatest engine ever.

Honestly this is nothing compared to the normal **** you can do in Arma....altho it is quite brilliant.....

Wait till they a load of the A10s or the simple 6 man coop missions :p

• Advertisement

finally died. heading to US5 now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement