Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Got it working and got into a server at last. What servers are people using?

Might be an idea for us to use a "brds" tag (or something) so we identify ourselves in game... any thoughts.

Anyway James74 in steam and in game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

No problems there.

I've heard that if you download ARMA 2 for free the mod only requires you to purchase Arrowhead. That's €15 instead of €25. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Sorry but I'm more of a console player so a few questions.

Where do i get Arma 2 for free? And is arrowhead available on steam.

Also I've never downloaded a mod before, is it pretty straight forward?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, this perma-death is the inherent strength in this game, that's the source of tension. without it its just another ho-hum zombie game. Puts value in your life. Survive a day or two, get some stuff and you will feel a lot better.

I tend to agree with you. That's why I said "I wonder". However, I can still see a drop off in players because of this, which may or may not be a good thing.

Anyway, I suffered a frustrating death today. There was a small outhouse with what looked like a tree in that had fallen inside (maybe is was a clipping issue) and some loot inside. I had to crawl on my belly to get inside. When I stood up * bam * I was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

weiland79 wrote: »

Thanks.

http://www.arma2.com/free. Yes you can get Arrowhead on Steam. Click here to download the mod files. (Note that they are compressed). See below for an nice tutorial on how to install the mod.

I'm still not sure if you can play the mod with the the free version of ARMA 2 and Arrowhead. I've heard you can but you probably want to get confirmation. If it is possible then you've saved €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

James74 wrote: »
    Got it working and got into a server at last. What servers are people using?

Might be an idea for us to use a "brds" tag (or something) so we identify ourselves in game... any thoughts.

Anyway James74 in steam and in game...

Yeah that may be an idea although I just ask over global chat.

Myself and Kiith are trying DE #02 at moment.. generally just go for low ping servers with empty space. It's hard to find a server with lots of free spaces!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Thanks.

yup, it worked from my friend-

1. DL Arma free via steam
    2. Buy and DL Operation Arrowhead
    3. Go to the Arma Free folder, Copy the 'Addons' folder
    4. Go to the Operation arrowhead folder.
    5. Paste the Arma Free Addons folder into the Operation Arrowhead folder, merge with a possible existing Addons folder, if its in there.
    6. Download all the Dayz mod files. Put them ALL in a folder called @dayz, put this folder into the Operation arrowhead folder.
    7. Go to Steam, Operation Arrowhead launch properties, add this line: -mod=@dayz
    8. Launch Arrowhead, you MUST select Combined Operations, game launches.
    9. Confirm mod has loaded by checking the top right of Arma menu screen, should just say @dayz up there.
    10. Kill Zeds.

Hay balkieb2002, will be heading to towards Zelenagorsk this evening, may run into you. Another friend is starting to night so we are gonna meet him inland from the coast, depending on where he spawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Played for most of last night and absolutely loved it. Died plenty but I'm a complete noob to the whole Arma thing but I've got the hang of it now.

Had a survivor approach me with his gun drawn saying he didn't want to kill, just wanted my water, luckily I had a spare can of pepsi! Saw 4 guys working to get a car together and it's great to see the level of co-operation that has to go into a simple enough task, not to mention it was only a 2 seater so I'd imagine trust was an issue too!

On my last game, I got into a church and stumbled upon tonnes of food and items, then the game just crashed out so will be interesting to see if I'll still be there.

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    Hay balkieb2002, will be heading to towards Zelenagorsk this evening, may run into you. Another friend is starting to night so we are gonna meet him inland from the coast, depending on where he spawns.

Cool... I'm just trying it there now but the Master server seems to be overloaded for euro servers... Going to go to american servers as apparently can get straight in and pings in early 100's

Found my location finally - in a house in Sosnovka... but going east to try meet up with Kiith and resupply!

Playing on NY1... took about 5mins to connect compared to 25+ on euro and it' still daytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

just about to finish downloading it now, hopefully i'll be able to get it to run on my ****ty hd5450 gfx card... I have no friends lol anyone wanna team up? Would prefer to play with lads from my own part of the world

• Advertisement

Fawkon wrote: »
    just about to finish downloading it now, hopefully i'll be able to get it to run on my ****ty hd5450 gfx card... I have no friends lol anyone wanna team up? Would prefer to play with lads from my own part of the world

If you can get in, join NY1... three from Boards there at moment :)

If you can get in, join NY1... three from Boards there at moment :)
    Am trying dude, just finished downloading OA expansion, only took two hours and surprise surprise the game won't even launch, all this crap about file path and not being able to load characters.epo??? Maybe it's cause i'm using arma 2 free to save me having to spend another two hours downloading the full... not sure will try figure it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Working on getting a dedicated server sorted for this in Dublin. Will post an update asap.

Working on getting a dedicated server sorted for this in Dublin. Will post an update asap.

full_of_win.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Learned the hard way to not trust anyone else. After 2 hours of playing it safe I had more food and water then I could carry and 45 shells for my Winchester. I follow the sound of shots to see some poor guy with a mass of zombies around him. I use 10 slugs to help him out and was thanked by a bullet to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Is there any way to jump over a fencing kit? I seem to have trapped myself in a church and can't jump over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah, go on so, I'm getting the Arma stuff of Steam right now. Almost wish I hadn't been roped into going to the pub tonight now...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is there any way to jump over a fencing kit? I seem to have trapped myself in a church and can't jump over it.

Press V

prone and barrell roll sometimes work (Default Q or E)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Downloading it now, thanks to my slow internet connection it won't be done until tomorrow, but I'll get to play it eventually..
    How big are the mod files?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ponster wrote: »
    Learned the hard way to not trust anyone else. After 2 hours of playing it safe I had more food and water then I could carry and 45 shells for my Winchester. I follow the sound of shots to see some poor guy with a mass of zombies around him. I use 10 slugs to help him out and was thanked by a bullet to the head.

I was walking around with a boardsie Ponster, you should have joined us :D We were around for about 2 hours and things looked dire, not much resources. Stumbled upon a barn ample with mags and food, we took what we could carry and about 5 minutes later we were barraged by bullets. I was killed in action but James took revenge on him... I think :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Downloadan now. Steam name is jesusjim, just became a pc master race so im a little new to the scene but i should be playing alot of this from sunday on if anyone wants to add me

Yeah lads it would actually be a decent idea if people who are interested in banding together stick there steam Nickname on here and we add each other and when were up for a game we can see who's online. Mine is same as here : Fawkon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Myself and Balkie just spent the last few hours roaming around. Got some good guns, and managed to replace the backpack that disappeared from my gear when i went swimming. Stumbled upon a ruined castle on the top of a hill, with some people sleeping and stole all their stuff. We pretty much took everything, and legged it. Was hilarious. Then i somehow dropped my flashlight and all my rifle ammo and it disappeared. Camped out now for an hour or so break.

By god it's good fun. So tense at times, and when it works its fantastic. If we can get a server for ourselves, it will be brilliant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I've sent out a few friend invites now, my Steam is FlyingIrishMan.
    I probably won't get a chance to play until tomorrow evening, but I'm completely free then until Wednesday so I can play 72hours straight if I want to.

About 8pm tomorrow does anybody want to team up with me? I'll be needing someone to teach me the ropes if I want to survive more than 10mins.

Kiith wrote: »
    Myself and Balkie just spent the last few hours roaming around. Got some good guns, and managed to replace the backpack that disappeared from my gear when i went swimming. Stumbled upon a ruined castle on the top of a hill, with some people sleeping and stole all their stuff. We pretty much took everything, and legged it. Was hilarious. Then i somehow dropped my flashlight and all my rifle ammo and it disappeared. Camped out now for an hour or so break.

By god it's good fun. So tense at times, and when it works its fantastic. If we can get a server for ourselves, it will be brilliant :P

Pity it took me nearly most of last night and most of today to find you.
    It's been a very long journey and from nearly giving up last night with no bullets and low resources to now having a companion, healthy resources and bullets, I feel like i'm now ready to take on the world!

204633.JPG

Jelly that last blue circle is approx where we are now located which i think is heading toward your group. Let me know what server you will be on.

Pity it took me nearly most of last night and most of today to find you.
    It's been a very long journey and from nearly giving up last night with no bullets and low resources to now having a companion, healthy resources and bullets, I feel like i'm now ready to take on the world!

204633.JPG

Jelly that last blue circle is approx where we are now located which i think is heading toward your group. Let me know what server you will be on.

Thats close to devils Perch which i believe is the ruins mentioned about, there an airfield nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Got this game installed and can get on a server. However when I spawn I have no sound,hud and cannot move. I am just stuck in a forest unable to do anything. If i press escape and respawn I can move around but cannot interact with anything. Anyone else have this problem?

Mrdata. wrote: »
    Got this game installed and can get on a server. However when I spawn I have no sound,hud and cannot move. I am just stuck in a forest unable to do anything. If i press escape and respawn I can move around but cannot interact with anything. Anyone else have this problem?

The server is running something you dont have.

Then ensure you have them or join one running only @dayz

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mrdata. wrote: »

That was happening on any of the european servers i tried earlier. Get on one of the US ones with low ping. NY1 had around 110ms earlier, and ran perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm close to that blue circle but won't be on until later tonight anyways.

Was wandering around in the wilderness for ages and found shìt loads of stuff in a barn: Map, compass, matches, watch, hunting knife, loads and loads of winchester ammo, enfield rifle (didn't take it), big ass backpack, far too many bandages to carry, loads of frank & beans, etc.

For once I felt ready to take on the zombies who I was dropping like flies as I came across them..........though a few did scare the shìte out of me on a few ocassions. Had 16 chase after me into a building at one point, I was freaking out so much I could barely get in the door as I heard all their screams get louder :pac: Good thing they slow down indoors.

Was out in the wilderness for ages when I came across 2 guys on the main road, tried calling to them but no response so I didn't want to take any chances with them. Got to a small town close to that blue circle where some guy got swamped with an army of zombies. No idea what happened to him but I wasn't going hanging around since the zombies were everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement