Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

just after seeing this mod now and am downloading :D looks savage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Had some epic game earlier. Managed to pick up a sniper rifle in a barn and moved on to a church in a big town to get supplies. Next thing I know a guy comes right through the door and looks at me, I say I'm friendly and then just gun him down as I didn't want to take any chances.

A guy on chat says he heard a shot and I said to come help, a bandit was shooting at me, as soon as he walked thruogh the door I blew him away and then had plenty of supplies.

Moved to another end of the town and climbed up a tower with the sniper rifle, caught a bandit in the middle of the street, it was epic. Eventually got gunned down by 2 guys as I tried to move on to the next town. I've had some of the best gaming moments ever playing this!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I say I'm friendly and then just gun him down as I didn't want to take any chances.

Haha, brilliant. Don't shoot...bam! :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Had some epic game earlier. Managed to pick up a sniper rifle in a barn and moved on to a church in a big town to get supplies. Next thing I know a guy comes right through the door and looks at me, I say I'm friendly and then just gun him down as I didn't want to take any chances.

A guy on chat says he heard a shot and I said to come help, a bandit was shooting at me, as soon as he walked thruogh the door I blew him away and then had plenty of supplies.

Moved to another end of the town and climbed up a tower with the sniper rifle, caught a bandit in the middle of the street, it was epic. Eventually got gunned down by 2 guys as I tried to move on to the next town. I've had some of the best gaming moments ever playing this!

I hate you. It sucks when you're on the wrong end of the stick :mad:

I hate you. It sucks when you're on the wrong end of the stick :mad:

Haha I'm normally really friendly but it was desperate times unfortunately :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its like the bar scene from Walking Dead over and over again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm close to that blue circle but won't be on until later tonight anyways.

Think we are trying to head back towards Zelenogorsk so won't be too far away once your online. Seem to be a bit lost at moment though we have a couple of maps but no compass. Also its getting dark so i'm expecting us to lose each other in the woods as someone lost the flashlight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Remind me never to team up with you haha

We are back playing now if anyone wants to try join us.

On US5 as still some daylight left... see map above for location :)

team speak ?

• Advertisement

Tried joining you but it says not same version? i have the latest. Pity woulda enjoyed roaming around with a few irish lads for once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Im at devils castle on my own right now, will try get to US5 asap!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    team speak ?

Using voice on steam chat, welcome to join.
    Fawkon wrote: »
    Tried joining you but it says not same version? i have the latest. Pity woulda enjoyed roaming around with a few irish lads for once

You might not have latest version of Arma 2 OA.... a lot of the server use the latest beta patches.

You can get them from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
    Latest beta patch is ARMA2_OA_Build_92612.zip (which quite a few servers use).

The best thing this is the patch has backwards compatability

If you want to get it working let me know as you need to edit the cmd file (quite easy) or else we can come join another server though we have been having difficulties

Using voice on steam chat, welcome to join.

You might not have latest version of Arma 2 OA.... a lot of the server use the latest beta patches.

You can get them from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
    Latest beta patch is ARMA2_OA_Build_92612.zip (which quite a few servers use).

The best thing this is the patch has backwards compatability

If you want to get it working let me know as you need to edit the cmd file (quite easy) or else we can come join another server though we have been having difficulties
    whats your steam id, quicker chat in there. Mind is Fawkon just add me and we'll sort something out

Seriously lads

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

use this launcher no messing with CMD lines and if your mods are outside the main folder it works perfectly.

Arma is an easy game to **** up with mods :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Seriously lads

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

use this launcher no messing with CMD lines and if your mods are outside the main folder it works perfectly.

Arma is an easy game to **** up with mods :D
    I used that launcher myself, can i use the beta with it and treat it like an expansion/add on? Also is it usual to wait long for SERVER RESPONSE TIME when i get into a lobby?

I've added you there... its balkieb btw.

In case someone else wants to join you just run the update file in the zip file that you downloaded.

Once it updates you will see _runA2CO_beta.cmd in your steam directory (Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead).

Right-click and edit this and scroll down till you see the :run part near the end of the file and copy this over it:
    :run
    call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-mod=@dayz"

Now just run the game from this cmd file and you will have access to the server.

Now just run the game from this cmd file and you will have access to the server.
    Sound.... now all i need is a space.... ****s sake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

what version do I need to patch Arma 2 retail to?

Auvers wrote: »
    what version do I need to patch Arma 2 retail to?
    You need to have ArmaII Operation Arrowhead aswell, if you have it then just follow the steps laid out in the last few posts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

So what is the best way to for us to ensure that as many as possible of us play together? If Fairy can get a server then it'll be a lot easier but I was thinking of either a Steam group or using a "team" in gametracker.

I'll post a link to an online file where we can list players boards, arma and Steam nicks and we can get something together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Ponster wrote: »
    So what is the best way to for us to ensure that as many as possible of us play together? If Fairy can get a server then it'll be a lot easier but I was thinking of either a Steam group or using a "team" in gametracker.

I'll post a link to an online file where we can list players boards, arma and Steam nicks and we can get something together.

For now it could be a good idea to preface our usernames with "[Boards]" when on the regular servers.

It would make it easier to identify some potentially non-threatening survivors. :D

Sounds good

Anyone play at moment?

That US5 server was fun but it was hardcore mode (no 3rd person and no crosshair) and still early daytime so hopefully can find one that no either of those things.

Edit: Who is [Boards]Dal gCais on UK1?

Fawkon wrote: »
    I used that launcher myself, can i use the beta with it and treat it like an expansion/add on? Also is it usual to wait long for SERVER RESPONSE TIME when i get into a lobby?

theres an option to point it to the betas.

For patching just patch Arrowhead to the latest most servers running beta batches so the launcer sorts out a lot of poop.

Personally I prefer the hardcore ones. :)

I think we should choose a couple of servers that will be the primary ones rather than choosing random ones. If those are full then of course look elsewhere.

For now it could be a good idea to preface our usernames with "[Boards]" when on the regular servers.

And that way we could use this link to find out where people are playing.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/arma2/?search_by=online_player&query=boards

tucEW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Waiting for server response :(

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Seems to be the story of the day alright, hopefully things will ease up after midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Same here...on every server I try.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement