Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cant get on anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Little or no information on how to host a server for this is a bit poor unfortunately. I have decent bandwidth at home here and could have done a small server but just cannot figure it out. The mod devs seem to be keeping files etc close to their chests.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Little or no information on how to host a server for this is a bit poor unfortunately. I have decent bandwidth at home here and could have done a small server but just cannot figure it out. The mod devs seem to be keeping files etc close to their chests.

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?140-ARMA-2-amp-OA-Servers-amp-Administration

Tophes tool will run the server for you.

Set options and click run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

TheFairy wrote: »

Hay man , check this:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1429

and

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1412

devs are giving out files but they want access to your server as its still alpha or summfink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

How does getting spotted by other players work? In my brief play yesterday I noticed that even when another player was out of my line of sight (behind a wall), I could see text explaining name and distance.

Does this only happen when I've already seen them? Would be good to know if I'm trying to hide from hostile players!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just had my first encounter with a genuine friendly player.

I was doing something I had been warned against, scavenging the NW Airfield alone and during the day. Having used all my food, I couldn't find any more around. I asked (against my better judgement) over general chat and surprisingly another player answered and arranged to meet up with me in the center of a nearby hanger. When I got there he had already laid 2 cans on the ground for me.

After surviving a horde he was very low on blood so for saving me with the food I gave him the blood pack I had found. To my surprise he gave me matches as I already had a knife, so I can now get my needed blood (have 6500 at moment) without going near deadly cities.

After surviving for nearly 3 days and a 100+ zombie encounters I now have:
    AK-74M (loud but effective)
    UZI (PDW)
    Nades (Frag and Smoke)
    Chemlights for nightime
    Map, Binoculars, Knife and Matches (essentials for hunting :))
    And a nearly full ALICE bag of essential needs (such as drinks, food, meds and some ammo for other guns)

Unfortunately I'll have no net access till next weekend but If I survive those 5 days in my sleeping bag I'll be ready to take on this zombie world :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

grizzly wrote: »
    Does this only happen when I've already seen them? Would be good to know if I'm trying to hide from hostile players!

No. Unfortunately it's always like that. I stick to hardcore to avoid being spotted so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Just fell off a ladder and died....

Fawkon wrote: »
    Just fell off a ladder and died....

They kill more new players than zombies and bandits combined :)

Just make sure your pistol is not drawn when climbing them and you should be fine... its another in-game bug!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

OA at 80% come on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

Very busy on the servers now and hard to load up when you do get in.
    Great mod though, I have been playing for a couple of days.
    Usually die at the hands of other players now rather than zombies..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

They kill more new players than zombies and bandits combined :)

Just make sure your pistol is not drawn when climbing them and you should be fine... its another in-game bug!
    AHAHA just died again from a ladder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

So anybody want to show me the ropes? Have Arma 2 installed, now installing Arrowhead and then the mod, everything is already downloaded so should be ready to go in about 15mins.

Fawkon wrote: »
    AHAHA just died again from a ladder!

I'd probably just avoid them for time being ;)
    So anybody want to show me the ropes? Have Arma 2 installed, now installing Arrowhead and then the mod, everything is already downloaded so should be ready to go in about 15mins.

Don't forget the beta patches for ARMA if you want to join the American Servers... they would your best bet as still daylight (also I find them easier to join) so you can get your bearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mash the prone button just as you're coming off one and it doesnt seem to bug out.

Hasnt for me so far anyway.

anyone got an online map for this mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 dogyworld1

hi guys only saw this recently decided to check it out
    anyway

it says arma2 is free on their official website and you can download it from their

if i download this (free version) could i download the mod assuming thats free as well then play the game from their
    or do i have to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You need Operation Arrowhead expansion to play this unfortunately

so i should be on in about 20 mins, which servers are ye guys on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 dogyworld1

NEVERMIND
    found out have to buy it
    will have to wait til next friday now :( cant wait :D

Me and yitsack on US7 on mumble too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Gah, having major problems installing this mod.
    Both games were successfully installed to Steam and launched fine before I started the mod installation.
    I followed a video word for word, but now when I try to launch the game through the launcher, it tells me that I have a bad serial number. Any ideas?

edit: scratch that, tried launching it though steam instead of via a launcher and it worked fine.
    Anyone on a server now?

edit #2: How do I install the latest update? Without using a launcher, I downloaded one from a link someone provided previously in this thread and launched the .exe and it told me 1.60 installed but I need some other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Anyone playing now, if so what server!

Anyone playing now, if so what server!

US5

Gah, having major problems installing this mod.
    Both games were successfully installed to Steam and launched fine before I started the mod installation.
    I followed a video word for word, but now when I try to launch the game through the launcher, it tells me that I have a bad serial number. Any ideas?

edit: scratch that, tried launching it though steam instead of via a launcher and it worked fine.
    Anyone on a server now?

edit #2: How do I install the latest update? Without using a launcher, I downloaded one from a link someone provided previously in this thread and launched the .exe and it told me 1.60 installed but I need some other one.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Done far to many hours of this mod this week, gonna have to take some time out me thinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

dreamers75 wrote: »

what folder does that go in?

dreamers75 wrote: »

what folder does that go in?

Follow this:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php? tid=449

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh my, this is STALKER without the area loading screens. I can see many hours of fun to come with this game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement