Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

LoTwan wrote: »
    I'm with Galva... I thought you were going to see The Avengers...

Nothing new with me. Date #4 on Sunday.

Good luck with it LoTwan

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Galvasean wrote: »
    The ladies have spoken!

If anyone wants to find me on POF I'm the guy with the sepia tone picture and whip marks all over his ass.

Oh Yummy. I do like that photo :) I like the one with the Champion belt too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Herrick wrote: »
    Ah yeah fair enough I get where your coming from :D I wasn't having a go there either in case at all I've been picked up wrong ;)

I'm sure your a lovely, but clumsy girl :P

Nope all good, I know you weren't having a go.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Cant we all just get along?

Ah where would the fun be in that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Pembily wrote: »
    You stop starting fights pembily....

managerman wrote: »
    Pembily wrote: »
    To be fair I'm not starting anything, I'm merely questioning opinions and perceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

i read that as farting tights :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

MudSkipper wrote: »

Long day?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

MudSkipper wrote: »

i read it as lighting farts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I also read it as 'farting'...

swinging wrote: »
    <mod snip>

Sounds like donedeal, bit odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I would just like to say sorry if I offended anyone with my "so called negative posts"

Ill leave my 'NEGATIVE" experience out of this discussion from now on.

Sorry Again I was out of order.

I'm alright and quite a nice guy if one got to know me...

So it's puppies bunnies and pink candyfloss from now on :):):):):):):);):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Just speaking to a guy on it who seems quite proud that his family is in a book written about drug gangs in ireland. He, himself, seems like a lovely person, but I'm a little, eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Updated my PoF profile. Hopefully will scare the weirdos away and the more potentials to mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Absolutely NOTHING happening on my profile. WTF am I doing wrong? Or is it that POF is full of weirdos who have no intention of getting involved??

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Absolutely NOTHING happening on my profile. WTF am I doing wrong? Or is it that POF is full of weirdos who have no intention of getting involved??

I think a major thing will be the height. A lot of women won't get past 5' and read that you are a wheelchair user. Is 5' your anatomical height or did you just pick a number? Do you know your height/length in lying?

LoTwan wrote: »
    I think a major thing will be the height. A lot of women won't get past 5' and read that you are a wheelchair user. Is 5' your anatomical height or did you just pick a number? Do you know your height/length in lying?

I just picked it and explained it in my profile. Absolutely no idea what my height/length is in lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Tbh Mickey,Id imagine its because the majority of people wouldnt be interested in someone that has a disability.

In an ideal world most people would be able to overlook it but we dont live in an ideal world.

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Herrick wrote: »
    Oh ffs, one of my mates was just showing me a convo on PoF he had with a girl.

What a bitch. Let me make it clear he's one of the normal fella's, decent photos and profile. Not the type for dodgy PM's or pics at all. I mean you could understand her reply if he messaged her asking for a ONS or something.

I had thoughts about trying online dating again in the near future after breaking up with my ex a couple of months ago, but I don't know if I can be arsed sorting through knobettes like that again, not to mention the timewasters, etc.

You're being a bit harsh there, imo. God knows how many timewasters she has to deal with, and it was a bit of a stupid message, no offence to your mate.

Anyway, I'm very near the end of my tether with POF. Got a message from a guy tonight, ended up asking him in my third msg back whether he was just looking for his hole. He was. I'm kind of done with diplomacy at this stage.

• Advertisement

Tbh Mickey,Id imagine its because the majority of people wouldnt be interested in someone that has a disability.

In an ideal world most people would be able to overlook it but we dont live in an ideal world.

:/

So am I wasting my time then? Surely there are people who would look past that??

So am I wasting my time then? Surely there are people who would look past that??

Of course there are, but I'm not sure POF is the place to find them. I'm beginning to think it's the Jersey Shore of the dating world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

yep there are people that would. I for one would. I'm sure you're not wasting your time. but as LoTwan said, it might be filtering you out having yourself down as 5 foot. put something down closer to what your height would be, you might get more views that way.

yep there are people that would. I for one would. I'm sure you're not wasting your time. but as LoTwan said, it might be filtering you out having yourself down as 5 foot. put something down closer to what your height would be, you might get more views that way.

As I said in a previous post, I don't have a clue.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Of course there are, but I'm not sure POF is the place to find them. I'm beginning to think it's the Jersey Shore of the dating world.

Where is the place to look for them then?

Where is the place to look for them then?

Sunshine, if I knew the answer to that question I wouldn't be on POF myself!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Sunshine, if I knew the answer to that question I wouldn't be on POF myself!

:D LOL ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Back from my date (very early I know) and it went well I thought, saw the film and over half way through it I put my hand her leg and it was very uncomfortable leaving it there as she never moved a muscle so had no choice but to take it back.....we then walked to the pub and had a drink where she then kindly refused the offer of a second and we walked bac. A couple of quick pecks on the lips and she was on her way!

Sure we shall see but if date 5 doesn't materialise I will be less than surprised!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Polloloca wrote: »
    Just speaking to a guy on it who seems quite proud that his family is in a book written about drug gangs in ireland. He, himself, seems like a lovely person, but I'm a little, eh.

Longtime lurker first time poster here. There is an old saying "you can choose your friends but not your family" maybe its just a conversation starter? He's been open and better for this now then 4 dates in and you gettin a shock. Give him a chance judge him on what you see not on who he's related to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

OKC is a much better site in my opinion the only problem is that there are much less people on it!

Despite this I have messaged and received more messages on OKC than I have on POF. My main problem with POF is that I have hundreds of profiles to look through and even if I narrow it down to the profile pictures I find attractive enough to look at their profile the vast majority of these profiles are so small and filled with the same vague "I like music, I like my family & friends" that I generally have no motivation to email someone.

OKC profiles being so much bigger you tend to get a better sense of that person or at least enough to motivate me to email them and find out more that way. There has been less than a handful of profiles on POF that I felt got across what someone is like enough for me to send a mail...

... to which I never get a reply. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement