Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Cinema date tonight.....going to see The Lucky One! Hopefully its an omen!!

So instead of saying that you're free to play FIFA from 11, it's actually that if it's a bad date you could be free earlier than that and a good date then maybe not at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Seeing poorly scripted romance movies already? It's an omen alright... an omen that you are whipped! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Galvasean wrote: »
    Seeing poorly scripted romance movies already? It's an omen alright... an omen that you are whipped! :cool:

Whoopah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

LOL The dating sites are full of biatches....
    Those stuck up biatches who sit at home every evening sipping the vino....
    And deleting imaginary mail...

Biggest turn off for a profile pic is some wannabe wag with a drink in her hand her eyes all goggly from coke and vino and she hanging off some thick jock LOL

Very classy I must say....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Northclare wrote: »

Biggest turn off for a profile pic is some wannabe wag with a drink in her hand her eyes all goggly from coke and vino and she hanging off some thick jock LOL

If you hate the women on dating sites so much, why do you use them? Several posts you've made have been disparaging to women on dating sites, yet there are plenty of women posting in this thread. Do you not think it's a bit insulting to them/us?

Aside from that, I really don't see why you'd make the effort of using an online dating site if you're so disheartened by the women on said sites. :confused:

• Advertisement

Aye, no need to tar everyone with the same brush. there's a few nice ones in there... we just have to find them!!!

3p825y

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I'm with Galva... I thought you were going to see The Avengers...

Nothing new with me. Date #4 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Seriously? You sound very very bitter...

Changed my POF tagline to "WIGGLW WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE!!!!!!"

Now we shall see my profile views increase exponentially.... mwhahahah!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Now we shall see my profile views increase exponentially.... mwhahahah!!!! :pac:

Do you have a photo to match it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Pembily wrote: »
    I don't get the "fell off that swing" and it could be taken as kinda mean!

Her profile pic was her swinging on a kids swing, he was making a joke about did she end up falling off it as she was in mid air. In fairness you'd have to be very paranoid to think it was an insult.

Maguined wrote: »

I'm not THAT bad, YET! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Well its only a certain type I dislike, and a certain type I like.
    If you go through my posts again you can make more sense of it.
    I love women.

Sorry for offending anyone.....

Maguined wrote: »

No... He has the skiing photo up :) Personally I prefer the sepia one :cool:

Galva... Any reason for the misspelling of the first wiggle?

Herrick wrote: »
    Her profile pic was her swinging on a kids swing, he was making a joke about did she end up falling off it as she was in mid air. In fairness you'd have to be very paranoid to think it was an insult.
    But why ask her did she fall? It's quite negative IMO. I am clumsy and don't like comments made on falling. It would p!ss me right off.
    Well its only a certain type I dislike, and a certain type I like.
    If you go through my posts again you can make more sense of it.
    I love women.

Sorry for offending anyone.....
    I am aware of that, but that particular post was very harsh and bitter regardless of who it was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

LoTwan wrote: »

Yeah I agree, be a good boy and do what we tell ya Galva :P

But why ask her did she fall? It's quite negative IMO. I am clumsy and don't like comments made on falling. It would p!ss me right off.

Eh, he was making a joke, hence the :P face after the message. To me it looked like a bit of banter and in fairness we showed it to the girls in the house with us and they said it only looked like a bit of banter as well and couldn't understand her problem.

Are you the lady in question by any chance :eek::pac:

Eh, he was making a joke, hence the :P face after the message. To me it looked like a bit of banter and in fairness we showed it to the girls in the house with us and they said it only looked like a bit of banter as well and couldn't understand her problem.

Oh I didn't notice there was a :P Still though, I just try and avoid any negativity in emails.

Nope, I am not on a swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This is the problem with communicating via mails/messages, you can't read the tone of a text.

I'd see it as banter and run with it, but like Pembily, you might get a person and for whatever reason, the statement is taken up wrong and not seen that way. Or someone could be having a bad day. OR they could just be a bítch. (I'm no way saying Pembo is a bítch. She is rather, a lovely person, who just happens to fall a lot! :) )

You get all types on t'internet!

Larianne wrote: »
    This is the problem with communicating via mails/messages, you can't read the tone of a text.

I'd see it as banter and run with it, but like Pembily, you might get a person and for whatever reason, the statement is taken up wrong and not seen that way. Or someone could be having a bad day. OR they could just be a bítch. (I'm no way saying Pembo is a bítch. She is rather, a lovely person, who just happens to fall a lot! :) )

You get all types on t'internet!

This is the problem! Thanks Lar :P

I would take that the wrong way if I was in a bad mood or had a nasty message, so it's very subjective!

• Advertisement

This is the problem! Thanks Lar :P

I would take that the wrong way if I was in a bad mood or had a nasty message, so it's very subjective!

Ah yeah fair enough I get where your coming from :D I wasn't having a go there either in case at all I've been picked up wrong ;)

I'm sure your a lovely, but clumsy girl :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Not even a sniff of a date this week (although to be fair, I'm away until Mon).Getting very disheartened by the online dating malark.Send mails, get no replies :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

Girls can be just as bad to be honest. Id a girl text me about an hour or two after our date. said she had a lovely time and couldnt wait to meet up again. We organised a 2nd date, had it, went really well and again later said yeah defo cant wait to do it again it was fun. Text for a bout a week or two all very good. Mentioning about meeting up and doing something together then no response to texts at all, Not even a sorry but no thanks. Human species are weird "throw rocks at them"

I too would like to throw some rocks. Then do a little stomping dance while shouting 'AARRGGHHHH'!!!!! in frustration!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Beefy78 wrote: »

So instead of saying that you're free to play FIFA from 11, it's actually that if it's a bad date you could be free earlier than that and a good date then maybe not at all?

Think it will be 11 either way and earlier if it goes badly......so if you get a PM looking for a match at 9:15, then you know I'm mad and will show no mercy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

I am just very tired :(

LoTwan wrote:
    Galva... Any reason for the misspelling of the first wiggle?

The same reason I misspelled my username. I can't read :(
    Yeah I agree, be a good boy and do what we tell ya Galva :P

The ladies have spoken!

If anyone wants to find me on POF I'm the guy with the sepia tone picture and whip marks all over his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I'm with Galva... I thought you were going to see The Avengers...

Nothing new with me. Date #4 on Sunday.

Well we were going to see the Avengers as it is theonly half decent film at her local cinema.....so we are going to my local one which is bigger and I suggested this film as in my deluded world, she will see 2 actors ripping the clothes off eachother and want us to reenact that scene later ;-)

Anyway must dash......will chat to you kids about it later!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I love women.

Well by way of a random example, if you were a wine lover the spent most of his time denigrating wines not to his taste people would form the impression you were a somewhat negative person that possibly just can't be pleased.

We all get only tiny glimpses into each other's personalities, a few sentences here and there on a post. It's best to stick to the positive so that people don't feel like they have to descend a deep dark cellar to understand your point of view.

• Advertisement

I would have taken it as a smart comment and would have ignored it.

Not that I have gotten any messages with more than "hows u" in them in a long time, apart from Maguined who was just stringing me along :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement