Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any of you lads know what a PAL Mega CD Snatcher is worth?

I really want to buy this, but am not too sure what to offer. It's one game I'm not too familiar with price wise.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/snatcher-mega-cd-flawless-condition/1590236

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any of you lads know what a PAL Mega CD Snatcher is worth?

I really want to buy this, but am not too sure what to offer. It's one game I'm not too familiar with price wise.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/snatcher-mega-cd-flawless-condition/1590236

Well it is adverts so offer a half eaten apple, 3 John player blue and a packet of tayto.

Last time I checked it was going for around €90-120.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I will buy whatever console the game ends up on. Was looking like potential vaporware for a while.

Speaking of vaporware, where's The Last Guardian hiding, ey?

Master of the Universe

Ueda is waiting for me to pick up a PS3 before he releases it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ueda is waiting for me to pick up a PS3 before he releases it.

Hurry up and buy one so. :) Was there any latest eta on it's release, this year even?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Only word since April last year is that it was 'pushed back' to 2012. And then Ueda left Sony, and things got even more uncertain.

Apparently they have other studios on board, including the God of War guys in Santa Monica, to give them a hand with some technological wizardry.

That cat/bird thing better be amazing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it's not at E3 then don't hold your breath for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Stolen fromthe cool vids thread. The pitch action is a bit ott for a driving game, but how seriously f**king cool is this!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

Anyone know if there's a go-to website for PAL Reproduction cartridges, in particular SNES carts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭Doge

EnterNow wrote: »
    Stolen fromthe cool vids thread. The pitch action is a bit ott for a driving game, but how seriously f**king cool is this!

Would be great for a Superbike game when you do a wheelie, or for a combat flight simulator when you're not doing loops, or barrel rolls all the time!

Must try and finding a 360 degree cage version that is used for flight simulators, surely one exists!

Afterburner had it

r360-sega.jpg

Master of the Universe

Burkey0 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a go-to website for PAL Reproduction cartridges, in particular SNES carts?

Reproduction carts?

WHY???????????????????????

Just buy the real thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

Reproduction carts?

WHY???????????????????????

Just buy the real thing!

You what? Was wanting Starfox 2 and one or two translated from Jap text-heavy games.

Burkey0 wrote: »
    You what? Was wanting Starfox 2 and one or two translated from Jap text-heavy games.

Youd be better getting yourself a flash cart like the Everdrive thing.

Afterburner had it

r360-sega.jpg

:eek:

Epic posting! (Both meanings! as you'll see in the following video.....:))

Holy!

Not as impressive, but pretty awesome!

Master of the Universe

There was an R360 is south Dublin somewhere years and years ago. Possibly in Dun Laoghaire. I was always too afraid to go on it as a kid :(

There was an R360 is south Dublin somewhere years and years ago. Possibly in Dun Laoghaire. I was always too afraid to go on it as a kid :(

Dr Quirkeys had one, I don't think I went on it but it was a sight to behold. And it had classic Afterburner on it, none of this modern jazz...vintage stuff. Great cab

Master of the Universe

I think the only games playable with the R360 are Wing War and G-Loc. Sure you're not thinking of this bad boy? The one John Connor was playing in Terminator 2 :cool:

They had one in Dawsons Bray, I loved the thing. Really looks sedate when compared to the R360 though!

I think the only games playable with the R360 are Wing War and G-Loc. Sure you're not thinking of this bad boy? The one John Connor was playing in Terminator 2 :cool:

They had one in Dawsons Bray, I loved the thing. Really looks sedate when compared to the R360 though!

Nope not the John Connor one, def a 360 one. Maybe it was the modern Afterburner, what year did that come out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Dr Quirkeys had one, I don't think I went on it but it was a sight to behold. And it had classic Afterburner on it, none of this modern jazz...vintage stuff. Great cab

Yeah, I had a go on the one in Quirkeys years ago. I think it was Afterburner but it might have been gloc i suppose.

It was to the left at the door as you went in if memory serves.

Steve SI wrote: »
    It was to the left at the door as you went in if memory serves.

Spot on

My memory is pretty hazy but I thought I remember seeing an R360 G-Loc in Dr. Quirkeys - right inside the door to the left, could see it walking past. Was mad expensive for a go though, 1 pound or something. :D

My memory is standing firm on Afterburner. Though you never know, off to look at G-Loc videos to see it that was it. It was a long time ago lads :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Definitely afterburner from my memory too. I remember it in either Bray or Dun laoighre :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was definitely G-Loc, remember it well, had a go on it too, it was sh1t :(
    Never liked Afterburner and this was an update and the same old same old in a nifty cab...

I do remember playing Outrun and Galaxy Force II in pneumatic cab form, very cool indeed.

There's some ****ing bat**** motion cabs in Joypolis, Sega's odd (and really rather expensive) indoor amusement park in Tokyo. Check out the 360 Storm-G stuff at 7:30 in the video below. Day I was there unfortunately the queues were two hours long for it. Watched an insane and very loud Japanese guy play House of the Dead 4 instead. First time I've ever seen Japanese people laugh at someone rather than with them.

Check out the 360 Storm-G stuff at 7:30 in the video below.

They look brilliant! Not something you'd want atavan to have a go in after a few scoops though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Heres something thats a bit ****ty

AVG getting done

Hope things work out for them.

• Advertisement

Angry Video Game Nerd's first reviews....

as a child in the late 80s, early 90's....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement