Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'm thinking of getting a Neo Geo pocket colour, does anyone recommend it.
    What kind of game library does it have, big/expensive, and what kind of price range would I be looking at for the handheld on ebay?

I appreciate any help guys, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Cheers m8

I am probably going to do the CCNA if i dont get a job before August.

Even if i get a job im still going for more Qualis

CCNA is good to have all right. My last exam was a Cisco one but to be honest I bloody hate Cisco work and wouldn't like to have to do it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Congrats Sparks43!

Exams freak the crap out of me. I got away without doing any in college as it was all project based work, so no tests. Just presentations to get through.

Thought I was home free - then I started working in software licensing :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@Sparks: Well done sir!
    Kolido wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a Neo Geo pocket colour, does anyone recommend it.
    What kind of game library does it have, big/expensive, and what kind of price range would I be looking at for the handheld on ebay?

I appreciate any help guys, thanks.

Yes it's definitely worth getting. Not a huge library but lots of great games and cheap too if you don't mind cart only. Metal Slugs, Neo Turf Masters, Sonic, Pac-man, numerous figthers, puzzlers, lots of good stuff. The Console itself is fairly cheap too the last time I looked - fabulous thumb stick on it. Shame the screen isn't back-lit but not a major issue. As always, ebay is the best source for them.

Master of the Universe

Giant +1 on the NGP, I love the thing :)

Cart only are cheap alright, but you can't beat the glory of those clamshell cases. They're beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Picked up SMW and super bomberman 2 for 8 yoyos delivered from Japan. Only have SMW on an all stars cart and was in dire need of a bomberman game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

nuxxx wrote: »
    Picked up SMW and super bomberman 2 for 8 yoyos delivered from Japan. Only have SMW on an all stars cart and was in dire need of a bomberman game!

Everyone should have a bomberman game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everyone should have Bomberman '93 and Saturn Bomberman, all the rest are irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Eric and the Floaters is highly relevant!

@DinoRex: How far did you get in Grimrock that time? Do you run out of food in the later levels I wonder? Sitting on lvl 4 I think, 4 or 5.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    @DinoRex: How far did you get in Grimrock that time? Do you run out of food in the later levels I wonder? Sitting on lvl 4 I think, 4 or 5.

Oh yes. 4 had some tricky moments. Have you gotten to the part with the trap doors opening underneath you and you have to make your way down the corridor really quick?

I've made it to level 5 but got distracted by The Wticher 2 then. May go back to Grimrock this evening.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh yes. 4 had some tricky moments. Have you gotten to the part with the trap doors opening underneath you and you have to make your way down the corridor really quick?

I've made it to level 5 but got distracted by The Wticher 2 then. May go back to Grimrock this evening.

Hah so I'm still on lvl 4 so, think I fell down to parts of lvl 5 then warped back up. I seem to remember seeing giant green blobs of ooze at some stage. Have that trap door run still to do, some of those timing puzzles where you need to throw something across pits at just the right time to catch a warp are tricky. There's also a section where the mobs seem to endlessly spawn.

I could do with finding more flasks to make potions etc.

Oh yes. They re-spawn for a reason. You need to use them to solve the puzzle.

Why I hate being asked to press 'X' in a QTE:

L5OKX.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

They should have went with:

....N
    W.....E
    ....S

Would have been so much more universal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They should keep the SNES layout. Sony should be murdered for making the bottom button select and the primary button when the right hand button is so much more ergonomic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They should keep the SNES layout. Sony should be murdered for making the bottom button select and the primary button when the right hand button is so much more ergonomic.

The Snes layout should have been definitive.

Master of the Universe

Isn't that only a Western thing though? Don't a load of Japanese PS1 games have right button confirm layouts? Or is that just my imagination?

I like the SNES one as it looks the most like skittles.

Although the US ones were boring... but had the dimples on the top two buttons.

Master of the Universe

but had the dimples on the top two buttons.

It's odd isn't it? I'd love to know why two buttons are concave. Aesthetic or something more?

• Advertisement

I like the SNES one as it looks the most like skittles.

Although the US ones were boring... but had the dimples on the top two buttons.

US ones look like smarties after you had them in a class of coke.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Isn't that only a Western thing though? Don't a load of Japanese PS1 games have right button confirm layouts? Or is that just my imagination?

Some do,others have changed. All DS games at least have it proper. MGS is still holding the fort in the west.

Who ever is responsible for Batman on the NES is a sadistic ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Some do,others have changed. All DS games at least have it proper. MGS is still holding the fort in the west.

Yeah I was going to mention MGS reppin the JDM!

Just got money into my paypal and I already had to pay for this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/130679305113?var=430061798206&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and I have to send a board off to get repaired for my arcade machine

Have to get mameing my Naomi then, that should be fun! I was half thinking of leaving it as a stand alone cab for an awesome game though. Anyone got any tips if I should and get another cab to mame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Everyone should have Bomberman '93 and Saturn Bomberman, all the rest are irrelevant.

Don't have those consoles bro, so bomberman 2 on the snes will do for now :)

Dynablaster! was one of the other games I had with my original gameboy. I know it was like a bomberman game but not called bomberman but it was Bomberman but called Dynablaster. Loved that game.*

*nostalgia mode activated.

It was Dynablaster on the Amiga as well.

Now this is one of those Lego vote things I can get behind:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6809

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm looking to buy Super Star Wars for the Snes, found some going for frak all but they are German localised versions, anyone know if this extends beyond the instructions? Might get them if not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

safe_image.php?d=AQDM1ueMWVbAvmqy&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fth05.deviantart.net%2Ffs71%2F150%2Ff%2F2012%2F117%2Fc%2F2%2Fclone_trooper_by_aidant-d4xsa86.jpg < clickable

424967_10150634342362300_19157172299_8948656_567480627_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement