Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Doocey wrote: »
    jArgHA wrote: »
    Threw a tenner on Lewandowski as top scorer at 50/1. If Poland win their first match against Greece and Lewandowski scores, I may consider just trading it out though depending on what his odds drop to.

:pac:

Not the smartest trading plan if I can offer my opinion.
    Couldn't see it going below 40's - and you'd need to have a considerable wedge on it to make any money at all.

Really? I just assumed he would drop to 30 or thereabouts. Yeah maybe it was a bit hasty..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

As has been said, Ade's picture is wrong! plus this one has the final games layout.

euro2012-match-schedule.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭batistuta9

As has been said, Ade's picture is wrong! plus this one has the final games layout.

yeah so now you can see when ireland beat england or france they'll have holland or germany to beat to get to the final :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Just got an email from Vic Chandler, money back if Spain win the Euro's up to a max bet of €/£50.

Can't see anyone but Spain or Germany winning so I'll more than likely be having £50 on Germany to win outright at 3/1. Crap bookies but fairly good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Having a look at some of the euro markets and see that in group c:

Spain to win and Italy to place 2nd is 9/5 with powers.

Surely there is huge value in that price?

Spain should definately win and Italy are far stronger this year than either Croatia or Ireland as Croatia wont have much possession against Italy and our central midfield is championship level.

What do ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

[pic]

Pfft, I was just testing you guys. Gotta keep you lot on your feet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

-Ade- wrote: »
    Outright Bet:
    Germany @ 4/1

Top Goalscorer Bets:
    Gomez @ 10/1, Soldado @ 33/1 and Lewandowski @ 50/1

Not much to say except I believe in this German side like I did Uruguay last summer. I think France have a real chance of doing well and possibly winning this too despite lack of talk about them.

Gomez is Gomez.

Soldado is chancing it a tad. Chances will be there and hopefully he takes them if he does start.

France & holland in the final 50/1

Lewandowski for an E/W bet is well worth having something on too IMO, he's been brilliant for BVB this season and Poland like so many host nations in the past might get swept up in the moment and play way above their ability.

I think france with the team they have are great odds, Lewandowski is a good bet too dont forget about benzema 20/1 is a good bet with him coming good this and of the season. huntalaar over RVP any day as RVP has never had a full season with out injury it will come in the euros.

Soldado is out of form big time.

I find it funny that ireland are the team least likely to win the euros and can get them at 100/1 now, Them knowing that france or england in the next stage will spur them on to get their.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Germany to win and Gomez topscorer, 14/1 :)

alfalion wrote: »
    I think france with the team they have are great odds, Lewandowski is a good bet too dont forget about benzema 20/1 is a good bet with him coming good this and of the season. huntalaar over RVP any day as RVP has never had a full season with out injury it will come in the euros.

Soldado is out of form big time.

I find it funny that ireland are the team least likely to win the euros and can get them at 100/1 now, Them knowing that france or england in the next stage will spur them on to get their.

Soldado bet was made the moment Villa's injury was confirmed, so quite sometime ago.

I'll probably have a bet on France as my secondary bet. 100 quid on Germany already, but might put 25 if not a little more at France later on the week/after the friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Why the facination with top goalscorer? Its a bit of a bingo bet this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Formation wrote: »
    Why the facination with top goalscorer? Its a bit of a bingo bet this year.

Whats the fascination with ****ing on everyone elses opinion on here rather than putting up some of your own tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/euro-2012-specials-betting?ev_oc_grp_ids=503682

Anyone got an opinion on this market - some interesting prices there, Bent 5/1, Phil Jones 8/15, even Jarvis @ 25/1 (stranger things have happened). Its an interesting market - must do some research tomorrow on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Radonman wrote: »
    http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/euro-2012-specials-betting?ev_oc_grp_ids=503682

Anyone got an opinion on this market - some interesting prices there, Bent 5/1, Phil Jones 8/15, even Jarvis @ 25/1 (stranger things have happened). Its an interesting market - must do some research tomorrow on it
    Few days ago I was told to look at Michael Carrick, who was 11/8 at Coral, which I agree is (was?) an excellent price. Hodgson will go for experience and Carrick is heavily backed by his United teammates. Plus with Wilshere and Rodwell injury central midfield options are limited.

I think a holland - france final is a possibility & might stick a few quid on it
    from the link in the OP it's 50/1 with bet365 & william hill but only 25/1 with ladbrokes

few quid as well on huntelaar & tomas muller for top scorer

& maybe E.W on lewandowski & kerzhakov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I think a holland - france final is a possibility & might stick a few quid on it
    from the link in the OP it's 50/1 with bet365 & william hill but only 25/1 with ladbrokes

few quid as well on huntelaar & tomas muller for top scorer

& maybe E.W on lewandowski & kerzhakov

Have tried to predict how the groups and knockout stages will go and end up with both France and Holland losing in the Semi finals to Germany and Spain, obviously its just my opinion and I am really liking France ahead of this but its very hard to look past Germany and Spain.

Mark! wrote: »
    Have tried to predict how the groups and knockout stages will go and end up with both France and Holland losing in the Semi finals to Germany and Spain, obviously its just my opinion and I am really liking France ahead of this but its very hard to look past Germany and Spain.

yeah for that final the way i worked it out would have the same semi finalists as you

but for that final to happen germany & france need to win their groups + everything else go as expected so as the semi's are like this:
    1: germany v france
    2: holland v spain
    then holland to win it

if france don't win their group i can't see them getting to the final, i think they'd beat germany (maybe it's because of the last friendly idk, but think they will) but couldn't see them getting past spain if they finish R.up in D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Radonman wrote: »

Holt if he makes the squad , some of the goals he scores are great and he can make something out of nothing.

alfalion wrote: »
    Holt if he makes the squad , some of the goals he scores are great and he can make something out of nothing.

The betting is for who makes the squad. Holt is 11/2 to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Zamora 11/4 used to play under Hodgaon has a chance of getting in the squad.

Woy is nuts, but there isn't a hope he'd take Zamora. Stand to be corrected of course :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

I was looking at the tricast for Group C and I can see some value with William hills prices
    My thoughts are spain\croatia\italy in that order at 13/2

Spain are technically on a superior level than anything in this group and will be unlikely to be challenged until they reach the semifinals. Fatigue and an impressive German side is all that stands in their way of capturing the European title again so topping their group to play either England, Sweden or Ukraine would be a must.

So that leads me to Croatia and Italy - I don't believe there is much between these two sides but value swings in favour of Croatia, as alternative price is 4/1. I personally think that Ireland will be the whipping boys of the group as only an inspired shay given can save us from defeat in all our games. A defense with a Stephen ward & Sean st ledger doesn't scare anybody, a midfield that can't keep the ball & a strikeforce whose only regular starter for their team plays in the MLS. It's a team built for containment but not for chasing a lead so I'm afraid so they are bottom.

Italy are not a great side and have many doubts within their side, a ponderous defense and question marks over who plays up front. Croatia too have an awful defense but I think what separates them to Italy and therefore adding the value is that they have a rich array of strikers currently in good form. Jelavic, Mandzuckic, Da silva and Olic a hard worker and is scoring when given the opportunities in Munich. Plus importantly Croatia play Spain in the final group game - Spain in euro 2008 played a reserve side against Greece in their final group knowing they had already qualified - the same could happen again given croatia a possible edge if all goes to plan with the two games prior.

Tricast for group c

1. Spain
    2. Croatia
    3. Italy
    4. Ireland

William hill 13/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

I was looking at the tricast for Group C and I can see some value with William hills prices
    My thoughts are spain\croatia\italy in that order at 13/2

Spain are technically on a superior level than anything in this group and will be unlikely to be challenged until they reach the semifinals. Fatigue and an impressive German side is all that stands in their way of capturing the European title again so topping their group to play either England, Sweden or Ukraine would be a must.

So that leads me to Croatia and Italy - I don't believe there is much between these two sides but value swings in favour of Croatia, as alternative price is 4/1. I personally think that Ireland will be the whipping boys of the group as only an inspired shay given can save us from defeat in all our games. A defense with a Stephen ward & Sean st ledger doesn't scare anybody, a midfield that can't keep the ball & a strikeforce whose only regular starter for their team plays in the MLS. It's a team built for containment but not for chasing a lead so I'm afraid so they are bottom.

Italy are not a great side and have many doubts within their side, a ponderous defense and question marks over who plays up front. Croatia too have an awful defense but I think what separates them to Italy and therefore adding the value is that they have a rich array of strikers currently in good form. Jelavic, Mandzuckic, Da silva and Olic a hard worker and is scoring when given the opportunities in Munich. Plus importantly Croatia play Spain in the final group game - Spain in euro 2008 played a reserve side against Greece in their final group knowing they had already qualified - the same could happen again given croatia a possible edge if all goes to plan with the two games prior.

Tricast for group c

1. Spain
    2. Croatia
    3. Italy
    4. Ireland

William hill 13/2

whipping boys?

hope you lose ur nuts on this bet

madma wrote: »
    whipping boys?

hope you lose ur nuts on this bet

Exactly, unbeaten in our last 12 but yet we're going to be the whipping boys and lose all 3 of our matches in the Euro's. Absolutely no team will want to play Ireland purely because we are so frustrating and hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

England to win Euro 2012 10/1.
    There I said it,the time has come for England to end the years of disappointment and hurt.They have seriously experienced top players such as Rooney,Lampard,Gerrard,Terry,Hart,Cole,Young,Parker,Wilshere.
    England to win the final vs Germany on penalties.
    Now lets be having you!

England to win Euro 2012 10/1.
    There I said it,the time has come for England to end the years of disappointment and hurt.They have seriously experienced top players such as Rooney,Lampard,Gerrard,Terry,Hart,Cole,Young,Parker,Wilshere.
    England to win the final vs Germany on penalties.
    Now lets be having you!

Wouldn't take it at 50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Wouldn't take it at 50/1
    Why?I just have a feeling that this "Golden Generation" can deliver.There isn't as much hype as Euro 2004/WC 2006/WC 2010 and this is as good a squad as those years imo.Missing Rooney for the first two games is a big blow but once he comes back who knows what they can achieve?

Take Chelsea as a comparison.They have been big players in the Champions League since 05/06 but always fell at the latter stages ala England and now finally when written off they are in the final in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really wanna make few bets on this for the summer. I wont be back in Ireland till start of June do yas reckon the odds will change much by then???

Just id rather pop in store and compare whats going on in there to online.

Really i guess whatever way offers the best value illl go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Exactly, unbeaten in our last 12 but yet we're going to be the whipping boys and lose all 3 of our matches in the Euro's. Absolutely no team will want to play Ireland purely because we are so frustrating and hard to beat.

I thought I would reply to your response other than than your over patriotic friend, I agree that as a team - we are frustrating to play against but I'm looking at the bet in terms of value. Newstalk asked over the course of 2 weeks it's pundits - how many points we would get and these experts said maximum 1 point. Look at it rationally, my point is that from the Croatia game with their strikers - we will be forever playing catch up and in a tournament with so many games in a sort period of time. Playing without the ball and pressing game especially after playing Spain will be hard for the players especially as trap doesn't like substitutions. Listen I was been a bit disingenuous when I said whipping boys but I don't think we will get a point, we are a poor technical team perfectly illustrated by playing the last 30 mins a man up against Armenia and struggling. How many points do u see us getting?? People are underestimating this Croatia side and overrated the Irish team - guts and hard work take u so far but against 3 teams in the worlds top 12, will get us as the Eurovision say nil poi!!!

I could see ireland getting at least 2 points from croatia & italy. Maybe at a push even 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Would love to see a market for goal difference for the end of the group stages, think there could be value in Ireland there, I'd price ireland +4 around evens or 10/11 maybe

Advertisement