Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

yesno1234 wrote: »
    A €5 ew bet on Huntelaar is really two bets €5 at 20/1 for him to win outright and €5 for him to place at 1/4 the odds which is 5/1. So if he came 2nd,3rd,4th the place bet would win which would mean you win €25 and get you're €5 stake back, €30 in total sorry actually got it wrong in my first comment which probably confused you.

Cheers thanks for explaining it to me i wasnt 100 percent sure only ever put on certain kinda bets.

I fancy Huntelaar or Gomez for top goal scorer.

But look at what happened with Tomas Muller in the world cup its hard to tell.

I think the odds on Ibrahimovic is crazy at 50/1 considering hes always good for a few goals at any level.

Was just thinking there has anyone put any money on any Spain players for top scorer??

Just hard at minute not knowing about Villa fitness and who they will play come the first game.

What i have in mind at the moment is this.

Germany 10/3 2.50 euro ew = 17.50 outright

Spain 5/2 2.50 euro ew = 14.38 outright

Ibrahimovic 50/1 2.50 euro ew = 161.25 outright

Huntelaar 20/1 5.00 euro ew = 135.00 outright

Gomez 7/1 2.50 euro ew = 26.88 outright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Johner wrote: »
    tinodz wrote: »
    Sky Sports News are now saying Rio Ferdinand to be left out -not really helpful as you cannot really directly say there is a space for him now open - but there is a space open if they want to do something different.

I backed Bent earlier anyway at 7/2, thought it was worth a bet.

Can u still bet on this? I can't find it on paddy power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Germany 10/3 2.50 euro ew = 17.50 outright

Spain 5/2 2.50 euro ew = 14.38 outright

Ibrahimovic 50/1 2.50 euro ew = 161.25 outright

Huntelaar 20/1 5.00 euro ew = 135.00 outright

Gomez 7/1 2.50 euro ew = 26.88 outright

Just a heads up it's not really worth backing anything under 4/1 e/w since your returns will be less than your stake.

If Germany were to place you'd only get €4.58 back.
    If Spain were to place you'd only get €4.06 back.

Not trying to tell you what to back just giving ya a heads up, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Just a heads up it's not really worth backing anything under 4/1 e/w since your returns will be less than your stake.

If Germany were to place you'd only get €4.58 back.
    If Spain were to place you'd only get €4.06 back.

Not trying to tell you what to back just giving ya a heads up, best of luck.

Not at 1/2 odds 1,2 which is standard terms for a football tournament

Still a waste of money though backing either of the top 2 each-way IMO

If you're backing the top 2 then I would go win-only

If you're backing one of them then I would go win-only with half the stake and split the other half and back an outsider each-way, maybe on a team you fancy to cause an upset or 2.

Another important thing to bear in mind when backing top goalscorer each-way is the possibility of a tie for the places, especially for 4th place. In this case, dead-heat rules will apply and the place portion could be decimated to next-to-nothing

eg - suppose Gomez finishes tied for 4th spot with 3 other players. In this case only 1/4 of you place stake will win so you would get back €1.73 (by my calculations) instead of the €6.88 you were hoping for.

Place odds of 7/4

Place stake of €2.50 / 4 = €0.63 is the winning stake

€0.63 @ 7/4 = €1.73

• Advertisement

Sorry yeah I was thinking 1/4 of the odds, as is the goalscorer place odds, 1/2 for the team outrights. My bad:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Del007 wrote: »
    Can u still bet on this? I can't find it on paddy power

The markets were taken down yesterday evening as a few of the players who didn't make it were leaked. Still betting on betfair for it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gutted I didn't put money on Ox. Oh Roy, You little rascal you.

High as 4/1 last week. Those on Twitter might have jumped on my comment hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

With Rooney not playing for the first two games,what do you reckon the odds are on England not scoring in the first two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Ibrahimovic to be top Sweden goalscorer @ 3/1 on Coral (unless there is a better price for this that I cant see)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

wprathead wrote: »
    Richard Dunne to score a Goal at the Euro's @ 6/1

Mon Ireland

That's a great bet. Will be getting on that. Dunne has 8 in 71 for Ireland. 1 in 9 for a CB is fairly decent and he is a massive threat from corners. if only it included scoring OGs too. :pac:

RVP top goalscorer and Holland to win is at 20s on Betfred. Probably the best I've seen in that market. Don't really fancy Holland that much, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

That's a great bet. Will be getting on that. Dunne has 8 in 71 for Ireland. 1 in 9 for a CB is fairly decent and he is a massive threat from corners. if only it included scoring OGs too. :pac:

RVP top goalscorer and Holland to win is at 20s on Betfred. Probably the best I've seen in that market. Don't really fancy Holland that much, though.

van persie probably won't even be holland's top scorer never mind the tournaments (having said that though now he'll go on to be :pac:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

A few mates saying Huntelaar @18/1 to be top scorer with Paddy is fantastic value.

Is he not a winger?

thebison wrote: »
    A few mates saying Huntelaar @18/1 to be top scorer with Paddy is fantastic value.

Is he not a winger?

No, striker, always has been as far as I can remember.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Being Dutch this pains me but Holland not to get out of the group @2,5 (bet365) is worth considering.
    Sure midfield and attack are 2nd to none but the defence is a worry.
    The successor of Van Bronckhorst, Pieters, want too impressive already and he will not be in the squad due to injury. Most likely left back will now be Schaars from Sporting Lisbon who is not a regular left back but defensive midfielder.
    A fwd duo of Van Persie and Huntelaar is not going to happen imo so that will leave Huntelaar on the bench or Van Persie being played out of position, right or left wing most likely.

If that isnt bad enough, there is the group.
    Denmark should be a win and then it is Portugal.
    Dutch teams, club and nation, have a terrible record against Portuguese teams.
    Portugal eliminated Holland in Euro 2004 and WC2006.

3rd match is vs Germany and they are not going to do Holland any favours if they can help it.

inforfun wrote: »
    A fwd duo of Van Persie and Huntelaar is not going to happen imo so that will leave Huntelaar on the bench or Van Persie being played out of position, right or left wing most likely.

Both Van Persie & Huntelaar started the last 4 qualifiers together. Why would this change in the finals. Huntelaar was injured for the previous 2 and if memory serves, Van Persie missed a couple of the others through injury as well.

I am not saying they will not play both for sure, just not together up front in a 4-4-2.
    They might have played that way in a couple of games in the qualifiers (San Marino for example) but in those matches there was only 1 of van Bommel/|De Jong playing.
    With the defence being the weakest part, Van Marwijk will more than likely come up with a similar team as during the WC, which was basically a 4-5-1 (4-2-3-1 if you like)

So Van Persie and Huntelaar will probably both in the team but not as a fwd duo.

Hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Totally agree with Inforfun. Recently the biggest match for Holland was a friendly match at Wembley. RVP was a starter and did nothing (as aften, when he is playing for NT), Huntelaar replaced him and scored a quick goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

thebison wrote: »

Is he not a winger?

Definitely a stricker, no pace at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

bookies are gonna clean up with the amount of those bets been placed.. top goalscorer will be someone random... whats the odds on robbie keane :pac::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 lester0084

nikica jelavic is at 40/1 had a good end to the season worth a look.

inforfun wrote: »
    Being Dutch this pains me but Holland not to get out of the group @2,5 (bet365) is worth considering........3rd match is vs Germany and they are not going to do Holland any favours if they can help it.

Well, got that wrong.
    1st it is Denamrk
    Then Germany
    Then Portugal

Makes it even worse imo. Holland probably needing a positive result vs Portugal and as said, record against Portugal is terrible for clubs and country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

lester0084 wrote: »
    nikica jelavic is at 40/1 had a good end to the season worth a look.
    I cant find him on PP. They just have combination of top scorer and winner.

I have backed Croatia to win at 40/1 and a German Cro final at 66/1.
    I dont see the Spanish winning this one. They have problems at the back and upfront and will be a tired team.
    Liam Brady has backed Croatia. I wouldnt be big on them but they are good odds.
    Croatia could well top our group and play weak Fra/Eng in 1/4s. Even if they come 2nd group Id fancy them to take Eng or Fr.

If you have a lot of cash R Keane is 5/2 with PP for top Irish scorer. Since he is taking penos seems good value. Who else will score?

The few bets are making the thing interesting before I head out there.

Jelavic is 50/1 with Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ive also backed Ire to make the semis. Might be a v long shot but the chance to get one over Eng or France would be great motivation.
    Green jersey on making that bet! :-)

Where did you find Topscorer bets? I couldnt find it under Euro2012 betting. Is it near top or bottom. Im using Android app btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

Done a little bit of research on past Euros going back to1996.
    Looking at under/0vers 2.5 goals,3 out of the last 4 tournaments their has been more unders than overs.
    Looking at the BTS , 3 out of the last 4 tournaments , BTS Not to score has come in the most.
    Drawn games are quiet low in the results.

I think I might stick to Bts/ not to score daily doubles, could be a bit of value in these bets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lester0084

I cant find him on PP. They just have combination of top scorer and winner.

I have backed Croatia to win at 40/1 and a German Cro final at 66/1.
    I dont see the Spanish winning this one. They have problems at the back and upfront and will be a tired team.
    Liam Brady has backed Croatia. I wouldnt be big on them but they are good odds.
    Croatia could well top our group and play weak Fra/Eng in 1/4s. Even if they come 2nd group Id fancy them to take Eng or Fr.

If you have a lot of cash R Keane is 5/2 with PP for top Irish scorer. Since he is taking penos seems good value. Who else will score?

The few bets are making the thing interesting before I head out there.

I got it on bet 365. looks like david villa aint going to the euros.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yeah Villa is definitely out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Jelavic only has 2 goals in 18 games for Croatia and I dont even think he'll start. Great form for Everton though and would score goals if he plays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

what's BTS, both teams to score?

Advertisement