Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what's BTS, both teams to score?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

With Rooney not playing for the first two games,what do you reckon the odds are on England not scoring in the first two games.

Very hard to know what to make of England....

They play France first and could well draw a blank...Sweden after that who they also traditionally struggle against.

They were very lucky to get out of their group in the world cup and were badly shown up against Germany, and have a slightly worse squad this time around IMO.

You would also expect them to beat Ukraine most of the time, but Ukraine being the hosts, you just don't know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Ibrahimivic (sweden 50-1) or jelavic (croatia 50-1) for cheeky top scorer. Could be worth a euro or 2. I'm putting money on france or england to win. The media has laid off the english team for the moment; almost like they are expecting them to fail. This could work in their favour and i reckon they'll score few against ukraine and sweden. I'm not going near Spain, they have great players but they play boring soccer. Fair enough, they won the world cup but they only scored 8 goals in doing so.

You can't right off the germans

• Registered Users Posts: 2 power2012

A few months ago I would have fancied Croatia however after the draw Im gone off them as I think Italy and Ireland will qualify. Yes I think Spain might have a hangover and from reading and listening to some spanish media sources all is not that well in the camp. They will miss Puyol and Villa and Torres is unpredictable.

I fancy France to do well and fill your boots on them to qualify from group at 8/15 and have a bet on them to win at around 11/1

A nice treble is Poland , Germany and France to qualify from groups treble at 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I always do a winner/top gs double in a major tournament and I think im gonna go with

spain/ronaldo @ 80s!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Top GS is so hard to pick in the Euro's.
    Some guy scoring a hat trick in one of the the group games is always going to be in the top straight on.

Top scorers since 1980:
    87118011.jpg

And now look at who scored hat tricks during these tournaments.

99094610.jpg

So the trick is,imo, to find the match/player, most likely to get a hat trick

I am looking at one of the forwards in group A and C.
    Too bad Dick Advocaat, Russia's manager, is such a coward otherwise i would certainly give Pogrebnyak a go.

Huntelaar, if starting for Holland could be a outsider but for that to happen Holland would need to spank Denmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

inforfun wrote: »
    So the trick is,imo, to find the match/player, most likely to get a hat trick

I am looking at one of the forwards in group A and C.
    Too bad Dick Advocaat, Russia's manager, is such a coward otherwise i would certainly give Pogrebnyak a go.

Huntelaar, if starting for Holland could be a outsider but for that to happen Holland would need to spank Denmark.

I think you might be looking at the wrong groups here. I see group A as a very low scoring group with group C similar.

Taking Group A goals scored in qualifying:
    Russia - 17 goals(8 v Andorra and 9 in other 8 games)
    Greece - 14 goals(4 v Malta and 10 in other 8 games)
    Czech Republic - 12 goals(4 v Lithuania, 4 v Lichtenstein and 4 in other 4 games)
    Poland obviously didn't have to qualify.
    So excluding games against bottom team(bottom 2 teams) each side only scored on average 1 goal a game. Thus can't really see any player getting a hat-trick in this group.

Bear in mind also that Russia conceded only 4 in qualifying, Greece 5 and Czech Republic 8.

Group C while I see a hat-trick more likely I don't like either as I can see both Ireland and Italy just trying to win 1-0 if possible. The stats do look a bit better however:
    Spain -26 goals scored(10 v Lichtenstein, 5 v Lithuania and 11 in other 4 games)
    Ireland - 15 goals scored(5 v Andorra and 10 in other 8 games)
    Italy -20 goals scored(6 v Faroe's and 14 in other 8 games)
    Croatia - 18 goals scored(6 v Malta and 12 in other 8 games)

Here excluding games against the bottom team Spain and Italy average almost 2 a game, Croatia average 1.5 and Ireland average 1.

Spain conceded 6, Croatia 7, Italy just 2 and Ireland 7.

Group B looks to be the group for me, finding the player however might be more difficult.
    Germany scored 34(9 v Azerbaijan, 7 v Kazakhstan and 18 in other 6 games)
    Holland scored 37(16 v San Marino and 21 in other 8 games)
    Portugal scored 21(8 v Cyprus and 13 in other 6 games)
    Denmark scored 15(6 v Cyprus and 9 in other 6 games)

Excluding games against the bottom side Germany and Holland average almost 3 a game, Portugal 2 a game and Denmark 1.5 a game.

Germany conceded 7, Holland 8, Portugal 12 and Denmark 6.

I can see each of the Germany, Holland and Portugal all scoring against one another as all have much better attackers than defenders. I won't comment on Denmark as I know nothing about them.

For completeness here is Group D also:
    France scored 15(4 v Luxembourg and 11 in other 8 games)
    England scored 17(7 v Bulgaria and 10 in other 6 games)
    Sweden scored 21(11 v San Marino and 10 in other 8 games)
    Ukraine didn't have to qualify

Thus England average almost 2 a game while Sweden and France average just over 1 a game.

France conceded 4, Sweden 11 and England 5.

So in summary if following inforuns tactic of finding someone who will score a hat-trick I suggest the most likely group is Group B.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

I always do a winner/top gs double in a major tournament and I think im gonna go with

spain/ronaldo @ 80s!

Ronaldo plays for portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

it doesnt matter, u could combine Mario Gomez with Ireland winning the Euro's if u so wished.. He meant Spain win and Ronaldo top scorer there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

spain/ronaldo @ 80s!

At this price its worth a shout. Stranger things have happened. Might stick a cheeky €2 on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Anyone who did the card betting throughout the year will probably know this better than me, some good odds to be had. Any opinions?

ref.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Pronca was a refereeing CL final, IMO there is no chance he will get Euro final as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Howard Webb got the Champions League final and the World Cup final in 2010

Kuipers was in contention for the CL final according to Dutch media. But the fact he gave his opinion on tv about the 2 penalties in the Barca - Ac Milan match he did not get the CL final.

I dont think UEFA will say, now to make it up to you, we give you the Euro final. Quite the opposite even, vindictive bastards over there.
    He already had the Super cup between Barca and Porto already at the start of the season

And then again, Holland will be playing that match so he is without a chance anyway :D

That is something else to watch out for, referees whose country go far in the Euro's will be sent home, no matter how good they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

inforfun wrote: »
    That is something else to watch out for, referees whose country go far in the Euro's will be sent home, no matter how good they are doing.

I think they got rid of that rule a good few years ago now

In 2008 Herbert Fandel (Germany) refereed the Spain-vs-Italy semi-final and Germany were in the other semi-final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

i think czech repub at 7/5 to qualify from their group could be really good value, they could easily come in 2nd to russia, only have to beat out greece who have the lowest goals tally of any teams in the tournament and poland who qualified automatically. i think some people are making too much of the home crowd for poland, plus czech republic is right there and they'll have plenty of fans there as well. they have cech in goal and a half decent squad, played ireland well in the friendly. russia is their first match as well which could set them up nicely if russia aren't firing on all cylinders straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Anyone know who is Russia's main striker aside from Arshavin. Was looking back and they vary between Pavlychenko and Kershakov. They have a handy group and i am looking to back their striker for top-scorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Current Money Backs are

Bet Victor: If Spain win Max 50 :mad:
    Boyles: If Beaten in a peno shoot out Max 100
    Lads: If Holland win Max 100
    PP: None yet
    Bet365: None yet
    Hills: None yet
    Stan James: None Yet

Check all the T&C's & their prices when having a bet.

Warper wrote: »
    Anyone know who is Russia's main striker aside from Arshavin. Was looking back and they vary between Pavlychenko and Kershakov. They have a handy group and i am looking to back their striker for top-scorer.

Pogrobnyak (sp)?

Was thinking about him, i think he was 50/1 to be top scorer.
    But going through the line ups of russia's last matches, it appears to be Pavlyuchenko who is starting up front.
    What keeps me from taking that bet is the Russia manager, Dick Advocaat.
    Coward of the first order, will take strikers off for midfielders when 1 or 2 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dcuguy89

Just emailed this quality offer from Setantabet.com

Looked at the video and sure enough one of my mates (who never placed a bet in his life) is in the advert :p
    It's taken from an apparent news report in Estonia last November when he was over for the Ireland v Estonia match

Anyways, nice offer aswell!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Dcuguy89

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Current Money Backs are

Bet Victor: If Spain win Max 50 :mad:
    Boyles: If Beaten in a peno shoot out Max 100
    Lads: If Holland win Max 100
    PP: None yet
    Bet365: None yet
    Hills: None yet
    Stan James: None Yet

Check all the T&C's & their prices when having a bet.

I'll be going with whoever has money back on Ze Germans :D

Reckon it could be PP

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

For those looking at top goalscorer bets. Soldado won't be there. 3 strikers are being taken - Torres, Llorente, Negredo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wow, genuinely shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Just got an email from Vic Chandler, money back if Spain win the Euro's up to a max bet of €/£50.

I've already got on this. Wouldn't normally bet with VC but can't turn down this offer.

£40 on Holland at 13/2
    £4 on Russia at 25's
    £6 on Italy at 14's

Was going to go with France but they aren't a great price with VC (10's), so will go elsewhere, hoping to get higher than 12's. Will be avoiding Germany in all bets, really don't think either them or Spain will do it.
    Rastapitts wrote: »
    anybody else think Kherzakov for top goalscorer is a good bet? Handy enough group for Russia

I'm trying to figure out what Russia's strikeforce will be. Kerzhakov and Pav are both 66's with Fred's, and Pog is 80's. Once I find what the most likely pairing is I'll have £10 on each. Arshavin has drifted to 100's so something tells me he's going to get overlooked. My main bet is on RVP, will be looking at £50 - £100 on his head at 10's. Zlatan top GS for Sweden at 3's is a good price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/euro-2012-specials-betting?ev_oc_grp_ids=503682

Anyone got an opinion on this market - some interesting prices there, Bent 5/1, Phil Jones 8/15, even Jarvis @ 25/1 (stranger things have happened). Its an interesting market - must do some research tomorrow on it

I eventually settled on Jagielka @ 9/4 but that not the real reason i'm posting here - Those feckers @ PP had it settled as a looser!! got on to live chat and got it sorted but no apology, nothing just were fowarding it to our settlements department. Goes to show you need to keep track on your open bets and not rely on the "my bets" tab

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ive backed Thomas Muller for topscorer @ 25/1 with PP.
    He played well in the last tournament and seems to be a big game player. Scored in the champ league final despite being out of the Bayern team. Should be fresh and could have a big tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,862 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

-Ade- wrote: »
    For those looking at top goalscorer bets. Soldado won't be there. 3 strikers are being taken - Torres, Llorente, Negredo.

wow im absolutely shocked by that

What makes it worse bringing a striker who has been awful this season

I reckon Soldado must of done somthing to upset managing and possibly he's attitude problems were his downfall during the season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

if Torres is top scorer I will streak at his first home game next season at whoever he is playing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Spain are 4-1 in PP shops today for anyone interested - max stake €200

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Warper wrote: »
    Spain are 4-1 in PP shops today for anyone interested - max stake €200

**** me that is tempting

Advertisement