Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Really wanna make few bets on this for the summer. I wont be back in Ireland till start of June do yas reckon the odds will change much by then???

Just id rather pop in store and compare whats going on in there to online.

Really i guess whatever way offers the best value illl go with.

yeh they will, example is lewandowski was 50-1 he scores a hat-trick sat and is at 33-1 now.

For teams the last two weeks before the odds will change as most teams have at least two friendly games.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

England to win Euro 2012 10/1.
    There I said it,the time has come for England to end the years of disappointment and hurt.They have seriously experienced top players such as Rooney,Lampard,Gerrard,Terry,Hart,Cole,Young,Parker,Wilshere.
    England to win the final vs Germany on penalties.
    Now lets be having you!

All I see is a bunch of players on the wane.. some over hyped along with Hart, Wilshire (crock) and Rooney (who didn't cover himself glory last time out).
    yesno1234 wrote: »
    Wouldn't take it at 50/1

I wouldn't take it @ 100/1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

anybody else think Kherzakov for top goalscorer is a good bet? Handy enough group for Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Was thinking of him myself, Coral have him at 100/1 which is worth a few yoyos.
    They have Keane and Doyle both at 150/1. Haven't used them before but seem to be a good bit ahead for the outsiders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Have to admit I am surprised in faith some of you have in Russian forwards. They are terribly wasteful and will need plenty of chance to score goals. Just look at some of their games, for example against Ireland in Moscow, where they missed in some situations when I though it's not possible to miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Does anybody think Benzema is a good bet for top scorer? They're playing Ukraine and Sweden in the group stage. There doesn't seem to be much competition for him upfront in the national team and he'd be coming off the back of a good season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Yes but the Greeks, Czechs and Polish dont have a Richard Dunne!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

stingerro wrote: »
    Have to admit I am surprised in faith some of you have in Russian forwards. They are terribly wasteful and will need plenty of chance to score goals. Just look at some of their games, for example against Ireland in Moscow, where they missed in some situations when I though it's not possible to miss.

Every team has days like that.

Personally I think you need someone with at least a 40% strike-rate to have a decent chance.

Therefore Kerkhakov's strike-rate isn't good enough anyway as 17 goals from 58 caps is less than a 30% strike-rate.

However for a striker likely to start at least 4 games and in arguably the weakest group too, 100/1 is still very tempting, if not for the place part.

If you could be sure that he was going to start, I prefer Pavlyuchenko at the same odds. With 20 goals in 45 games, a strike-rate of 44.4% is more than good enough.

Does anybody think Benzema is a good bet for top scorer? They're playing Ukraine and Sweden in the group stage. There doesn't seem to be much competition for him upfront in the national team and he'd be coming off the back of a good season.

Short answer. Yes.

I'm in the process of getting my Soldado bet changed to Benzema at present.

DB74 wrote: »
    Every team has days like that.

Personally I think you need someone with at least a 40% strike-rate to have a decent chance.

Therefore Kerkhakov's strike-rate isn't good enough anyway as 17 goals from 58 caps is less than a 30% strike-rate.

However for a striker likely to start at least 4 games and in arguably the weakest group too, 100/1 is still very tempting, if not for the place part.

If you could be sure that he was going to start, I prefer Pavlyuchenko at the same odds. With 20 goals in 45 games, a strike-rate of 44.4% is more than good enough.
    It wasn't a day off, Russians have a tendency to play attractive and attacking football combined with absolutely woeful finishing. Probably only Arshavin in his best period was a clinical finisher, despite not being a CF. Kerzhakov, Pavlyuchenko and Pogrebnyak are relatively poor in this aspect.

• Advertisement

I don't fancy Benzema at all for this. If you look at France's group in qualifying, they scored 15 goals in 10 matches. However closer inspection shows that 9 of those goals came against Albania & Luxembourg, with the other 6 coming in the remaining 6 meaningful matches against half-decent opposition. France won't score enough goals IMO.

For the same odds (20/1) you can get Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. International strike-rate of 62% (31 goals from 50 matches) and playing in a team which scored 15 goals from the 4 meaningful matches in qualifying (against Sweden & Hungary) and even then the last match was a dead rubber for the Dutch. Also we should see 2 teams from this group get to the semis so hopefully Huntelaar will have at least 5 matches and maybe even all 6 to win the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Im after spending the last while comparing the strikers odds,games,goals and strike rate as said anyone over 40% has a good chance and the top 6 in the betting all have over 40% bar ronaldo(36%) and benzema(31%).

One's I think have value are Huntelaar(62% the highest) at 20/1, Eduardo(49%) at 100/1 and of course Robbie Keane:D (48%) 150/1.
    Think they will be my 3 goalscorer bets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Richard Dunne to score a Goal at the Euro's @ 6/1

Mon Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

wprathead wrote: »

Mon Ireland

Where!?

wprathead wrote: »

Mon Ireland
    Do own goals count? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Has ben foster come out of retirement for euro 2012? Seems to be conflicting stories in the media

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

Goalscorer bets for Euro 2012

Huntelaar 20/1 e/w
    Zlatan ibrahamovic 66/1 e/w

Huntelaar top goal scorer in the qualifying with 12 goals so my big bet will be huntelaar top
    Netherlands scorer @ 4/1 - Van persie heads the market even though he only scored 6 goals, 4 of which were against San Marino. He plays more as a number 10 role & is shocking value in the golden boot market at 9/1.

Zlatan at the prices has to be too big - takes penos & in a tournament with only 6 games - 3-4 goals will get u each way value. I'm not his biggest fan either but top goal scorer odds at 66/1 is far too big, golden boot winner in seria a & has a similar international strike record as christano Ronaldo but is 6 times the price. With guidetti definitely missing out & elmander likely to miss out due to injury - Zlatan becomes the focal point.

Point being that there are plenty of doubts about the teams in group D & Ronaldo is in a much harder group & I think many bookies are judging their chances on their game against England at wembley & not their qualifying rounds performance and also Sweden have only failed to score in 3/25 of their international matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

elmander's been included for sweden. squad here

Ola Toivonen could be worth a few bob if your looking to back a swede

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Where!?

Right here on PP
    stingero wrote:
    Do own goals count?

didn't say it was a banker:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

Goalscorer bets for Euro 2012

Huntelaar 20/1 e/w
    Zlatan ibrahamovic 66/1 each way

Zlatan at the prices has to be too big - takes penos & in a tournament with only 6 games - 3-4 goals will get u each way value. I'm not his biggest fan either but top goal scorer odds at 66/1 is far too big, golden boot winner in seria a & has a similar international strike record as christano Ronaldo but is 6 times the price. With guidetti definitely missing out & elmander likely to miss out due to injury - Zlatan becomes the focal point.

Point being that there are plenty of doubts about the teams in group D & Ronaldo is in a much harder group & I think many bookies are judging their chances on their game against England at wembley & not their qualifying rounds performance and also Sweden have only failed to score in 3/25 of their international matches.

nice shout,having a small punt on that,great odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone think Darren Bent is worth a few quid at 7/2 to be in the England squad? I know he's been injured for most of the season but I still think he has a decent chance of going. Probably between him and Defoe for a place.

Johner wrote: »
    Anyone think Darren Bent is worth a few quid at 7/2 to be in the England squad? I know he's been injured for most of the season but I still think he has a decent chance of going. Probably between him and Defoe for a place.

Apparently, England's medical staff were at Villa's training ground last week to see him. Make of it what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

One thing im still bit confused with say i put 5 euro on Huntelar at 20/1 ew what do u get if he places 2nd 3rd or 4th????

I see paddy do 1/4 places on top scorer bets so im trying to see what is the best bet an outright or ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

One thing im still bit confused with say i put 5 euro on Huntelar at 20/1 ew what do u get if he places 2nd 3rd or 4th????

I see paddy do 1/4 places on top scorer bets so im trying to see what is the best bet an outright or ew.

You'll get €30 back for a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

yesno1234 wrote: »
    You'll get €25 back for a place.
    Thanks for the reply.

Not trying to go to off topic but how did you work that out?

Just wanna know for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Thanks for the reply.

Not trying to go to off topic but how did you work that out?

Just wanna know for the future.

A €5 ew bet on Huntelaar is really two bets €5 at 20/1 for him to win outright and €5 for him to place at 1/4 the odds which is 5/1. So if he came 2nd,3rd,4th the place bet would win which would mean you win €25 and get you're €5 stake back, €30 in total sorry actually got it wrong in my first comment which probably confused you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Johner wrote: »

Sky Sports News are now saying Rio Ferdinand to be left out -not really helpful as you cannot really directly say there is a space for him now open - but there is a space open if they want to do something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Scholes to be selected for the England squad?Played great football since his return scoring 4 goals in 26 appearences.He was voted 3rd for league player of the year only playing half a season and just signed a one year contract with United.
    I think you would want to be mad not to ask such a seasoned professional to join up with the squad.If he wishes to return is the big question imo.:confused:
    Odds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

tinodz wrote: »
    Sky Sports News are now saying Rio Ferdinand to be left out -not really helpful as you cannot really directly say there is a space for him now open - but there is a space open if they want to do something different.

I backed Bent earlier anyway at 7/2, thought it was worth a bet.

Advertisement