Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Oh god, what to do...

My dad just rang me asking me to come up to Clare this weekend with him to see my grandparents before my birthday but I was meant to be visiting my nana who is sick with pneumonia (and is 88 so not the best age for it) on Friday and I'm not sure how to fit in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

long time follower, first time poster in TLL. Meet a boy over the weekend from my pilates class and had a kiss, he goes twice a week asked me to go to Tuesday's class as he said its harder than the other evenings - trying to decide whether to go out not. Have posted in another section about that! Afraid he'll ignore me when there but guess I'll never know unless I go!! That's my smile for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

shoes34 wrote: »
    long time follower, first time poster in TLL. Meet a boy over the weekend from my pilates class and had a kiss, he goes twice a week asked me to go to Tuesday's class as he said its harder than the other evenings - trying to decide whether to go out not. Have posted in another section about that! Afraid he'll ignore me when there but guess I'll never know unless I go!! That's my smile for the day!

Go go go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Another exam done :D last one now is on Thursday, so must get to studying for that!

Feel really happy with todays one though, feeling happy over all with all the exams!

Good luck to all the other boardsies with exams & studying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I was in a really bad mood this weekend and for some stupid reason I took it out on my boyfriend, I said really horrible things to him :( I've apologized and we're all good, but I don't think he's told me how much I hurt him and I still feel horrible. He'd never even dream of saying those things to me so why did I think it was okay for me to say it to him??

I don't know why that boy puts up with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I was in a really bad mood this weekend and for some stupid reason I took it out on my boyfriend, I said really horrible things to him :( I've apologized and we're all good, but I don't think he's told me how much I hurt him and I still feel horrible. He'd never even dream of saying those things to me so why did I think it was okay for me to say it to him??

I don't know why that boy puts up with me.

I hear ya! Had a similar weekend; some horrible things were said :(

Work is pants at the moment; plus the team I now share an office with like their radio on..and not just any radio; crap middle-of-the-road rubbish radio. Its so unprofessional I feckin hate it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ladies, have any of ye ever organised a table quiz? If ye have can I pester ye about the to-do list? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ladies, have any of ye ever organised a table quiz? If ye have can I pester ye about the to-do list? :o

Yep, PM me what you want to know. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

I have organised a few, feel free to Pm any questions

Edit: Sorry didn't see Larianne's response before mine! Offer still stands tho!

branbee wrote: »
    Go go go!!!

I know just haven't met a guy who seems that nice in ages - even gave me his jacket when we were outside and it was cold.

Think I'll just go tonight and then go back to my usual class next week. Can use the excuse that he told me it was a harder class adn I wanted to try it out for myself. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ta very much girls :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah lots. Set up Quiz Soc in college. :)

Sure give us a shout if you need anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I thought it was 5pm, it's only 4pm, huzzah! Another hour of work for me and my friend Red Bull to cram in today :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

6lbs down - week 1 of weightwatchers.
    :D:D

Polloloca wrote: »
    6lbs down - week 1 of weightwatchers.
    :D:D

wow - congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ugh, in a fouler. :mad: Just wish everything would sort itself out. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Lol. Just saw the new Dulux ad. It's kind of depressing!

This girl paints her bedroom red while her boyf is at work. He comes back all tired and downtrodden and his little face lights up when he sees the room. They close the door on the dog for sexytimes.

IMMEDIATELY, the door opens again and there are kids EVERYWHERE! The girl is pregnant and she gives this "oh well" look to the guy and sadly paints over the red wall. She paints it grey.

Moral of the story? Kids wreck your life.

Hahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Isn't that ad so depressing??! I always think the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Wow - Ryanair really have screwing you down to a fine art, don't they? One would wonder if they practice it on lab rats first. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Lol. Just saw the new Dulux ad. It's kind of depressing!

This girl paints her bedroom red while her boyf is at work. He comes back all tired and downtrodden and his little face lights up when he sees the room. They close the door on the dog for sexytimes.

IMMEDIATELY, the door opens again and there are kids EVERYWHERE! The girl is pregnant and she gives this "oh well" look to the guy and sadly paints over the red wall. She paints it grey.

Moral of the story? Kids wreck your life.

Hahaha!

demotivational-posters-parenthood.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm like a fcuking bitch today. In a state of low-grade hysteria about my exams. Have no-one to blame but myself because I didn't bother actually reading any of the course material til last week. Everyone is annoying me. Nobody loves me. Have absolutely zero motivation in work and it's only a matter of time before my boss says something. Broke. Noticed at the weekend how much my teeth have moved in the last ten years.

FML, basically.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah, sooner today is over the better
    feeling pretty sh!t and down for no particular reason
    and now a whole evening of german :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I love charity shops! I bought a beautiful Monsoon silk cocktail dress for €8 :) It's puuuurty but just a little tight. So I'm either hoping to either miraculously loose a few pounds in 3 days or I'll invest in some magic knickers :o
    Anyone know if the dunnes or pennys ones are any use or will I have to buy the fancy ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Exams are over but I made a balls of the last one :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i am super jealous of everyone who has finished exams! :(

i have 5 more to go!

stupid college with their non semesterised exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I have yet to start mine. My kitchen walls are now covered in coloured paper, Train is playing in the background and I can barely see any kitchen table for paper.....brain is starting to melt and while I'm airpunching for the stuff I do know, its kinda making me shameful that I'm PROUD I know the basics....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Oh god, what to do...

My dad just rang me asking me to come up to Clare this weekend with him to see my grandparents before my birthday but I was meant to be visiting my nana who is sick with pneumonia (and is 88 so not the best age for it) on Friday and I'm not sure how to fit in both.

So visit nana on friday and head down/up to clare overnight...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Oh god, what to do...

So visit nana on friday and head down/up to clare overnight...

That only works if I can get my dad to wait til Sat to leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement