Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

lkasprzak wrote: »
    Hi, can you or anyone check if there is polish language or polish voices to choose from options menu? Ill appreciate that ;)

Xbox version...... surprisingly the only language it can be set to other than English is indeed Polish , for both voice and subtitles !!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

calex71 wrote: »
    Xbox version...... surprisingly the only language it can be set to other than English is indeed Polish , for both voice and subtitles !!!!

Well, CD Projekt RED are Polish...

5uspect wrote: »
    Well, CD Projekt RED are Polish...

Ah i know that but for consoles normally the games are totally localised in terms of voice overs, though that said when was the last time I actually checked in game to see what languages am xbox game had :D

I understand why the OP asked though because no where on the box or manual does it say it has PL as a language option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Also the guy in the market area of act 2 who says nothing other than screaming "Emo" at you :D

do you mean Odren?

Skerries wrote: »
    do you mean Odren?

Hmmmm not sure, he was sat asleep at a table on the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nah, wouldn't be the odrin guy. prety sure he's a bit later than act 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'll know all about Odrin when you come across him and his friends :P

ODRIN!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

WHERE AAAAREE YYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

rofl @ the ending of sackfull of fluff quest where you collect the harpy feathers for that guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Where's the cheapest i'm likely to find the PC version of this, play.com had it for €16 but they're usually never the cheapest so i still looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Varik wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest i'm likely to find the PC version of this, play.com had it for €16 but they're usually never the cheapest so i still looking.

it was 15 on G2play the other day gone up to 19 now (they email you a steam key)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just finished my first play through. It was an amazing experience all round and now I can start again picking all different routes. I went with Iorveth as I didn't really like Roche but apparently its completely different. Apart from two bugs the game ran perfectly.

I think i am try that dark mode this time though :D might order a few of those Witcher books too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Finished 1 on the pc, really liked it then i started 2 on the 360. I'm liking it but tempted to put it down and pick up the PC version. I miss the mouse and the alt key to highlight selectable items\people. I love the way choices you make actually make a difference.

This dark mode is going to give me a compound nervous breakdown :mad:

This dark mode is going to give me a compound nervous breakdown :mad:

Dreading it myself considering how many times I died early on on normal, being mobbed my harpys will not be fun I imagine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Any tips on the feint with the sword? Finding it a bit difficult tbh.
    Also the sign for stopping your enemy, I used to be able to fire it but now all he does is lay a trap ?
    Dunno what I did tho

On Xbox by the way

CptMackey wrote: »
    Any tips on the feint with the sword? Finding it a bit difficult tbh.
    Also the sign for stopping your enemy, I used to be able to fire it but now all he does is lay a trap ?
    Dunno what I did tho

On Xbox by the way

I wouldn't bother with feinting, only effective against the 10% of enemies in game that are humans and armed, even then only when theres one enemy. the B button is your friend.

As fow magic you're using Yrden switch to Igni for fire , hold LB and it's the one in the middle left

Edit: Best line in the game so far ".....Lesbomancy, my favorite kind of magic" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Varik wrote: »

this is the cheapest I can find

http://www.onlinekeystore.com/The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings-CD-KEY-UNCUT-STEAM.html?partner=dlcompare&s_currency=EUR

if you got it for 15 on Play for a boxed copy then that would be the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I got this last week and it's pretty good fun. The combat can be tricky as you really have to work out a strategy when up against multiple enemies rather than just rushing in. This should keep me going for a while after beating Dark Souls.

For those finished the game a quick question I'm on act 3 and just
    busted Philipa out of jail can I still save triss or is she a lost cause now
    Think I'd rather end the game having
    Saved Triss
    are there any major consequences to my choice later on, might reload a save and do things differently.

• Advertisement

For those finished the game a quick question I'm on act 3 and just
    busted Philipa out of jail can I still save triss or is she a lost cause now
    Think I'd rather end the game having
    Saved Triss
    are there any major consequences to my choice later on, might reload a save and do things differently.
    Dont worry about Triss, she turns up before the end

1st play through complete, very satisfying experience over all.... wasn't mad on the combat and lack of health potions in the game made it a challenge. Money and shops redundant in my playthrough for most part and skills I picked or had to choose from made little impact on the game over all, I would say it would have played the same regardless of whether I put points into skills or not. Crafting was good though and got some great items that way and those had most impact on the game.

This will likely change on a dark play though? I imagine I will have to use a lot more sword potions etc.

So RPG fail imo maybe ........... but the plot, visuals, voice acting everthing else was AAA+++ so much so i didn't notice my criticisms until I reflected on it afterwards. Also unlike some other RPG where you find books on lore along the way that I could never be arsed to read, this game threw anything important or that was of interest in your face, and not once did I feel like skipping dialogue or skipping a question when I had the chance to ask it, I also thought long and hard about choices too because I cared about the consequences so big thumbs up from me for that.

My game of the year so far :D

Really wish it was longer but in no way was it too short it was perfect I just want more and to see what comes next!!!!!! Maybe the books are worth looking into ?????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just remember, that you can play through an almost entirely different game by picking the other option at the end of chapter 1. It really is massively different.

Kiith wrote: »
    Just remember, that you can play through an almost entirely different game by picking the other option at the end of chapter 1. It really is massively different.

I know !!!!!!! Can't wait to see what Roach has been up to while i've been making nice with the stoopid elves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I know !!!!!!! Can't wait to see what Roach has been up to while i've been making nice with the stoopid elves :D

Here comes the biggest weakness and strength of witcher 2. When I played I made all decisions according to what would I would do. I did not just chose to be a dick or angel as its imposible to do in witcher. So when it comes to play second time I am fighting with myself to make different decisions. That game tests your moral stance lol.

Really wish it was longer but in no way was it too short it was perfect I just want more and to see what comes next!!!!!! Maybe the books are worth looking into ?????

There's only 2 books out at the moment(well in english anyways). First one basically starts where the first game's opening sequense starts(the striga) and continues on from there(no time loss or amnesia). Seems good so far but the book's quite short, well in comparison to what i normally read.
    From what i've read there's alot more to yenefar and if they do do a 3rd game, she'll be central to it and things with triss might get complicated.

Finishd it via the roche path last night, i liked it but to be honest i prefered the original. Ok the combat wasn't as good but the game felt alot longer, alot more quests and hunts. Looking forward to the iorveth path and its built up nicely for the next witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

From what i remember one of them is a collection of short stories, the other is the first novel in a series. Both are pretty good

Bambi wrote: »
    From what i remember one of them is a collection of short stories, the other is the first novel in a series. Both are pretty good

Yep just finishing up the short stories, i was amazed by the amount of references to irish folklore and words in it. Must find a fit looking polish bird who'd be willing the translate the other books for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Started this other night, runs like a dog for some reason :confused:

15 FPS i more than have the recomended specs :confused:

Not mad about the HUD as i got used to Witcher 1 layout :p

Advertisement