Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is pressing Alt the same as turning on item names in options?

emmmm dunno.... newer seen that in options.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really great game,the combat is the highlight for me, makes a complete laugh at the likes of skyrim.
    Yet another game ive still to get anyway near completing, grrr too many games !!

finnaly got installed witcher 2. had to turn off that ubbersampling and keep the rest maxed out as possible. It is really weird, because in cut scenes ( in game engine ) my fps drops to 30, but when i am out playing its like 70fps+++. anyone else has this problem too?

anyway, game looksgreat and i forgot how awesome swearing was in witcher 2 :D. " Geralt, Come have a drink with me! Drinking alone is as bad as shieting in company!" :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

10gb download started. Ugh! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

God damn this is a great game I just finished off the first massive boss, took some doing too but doing all the quest related helped out, then i got the ride of triss again :pac: and became champion at fight club and champion arm wrestler took a few goes at the last fella though.
    Do any of yee know what the top level is so I can figure out which of my skills to level up?

• Advertisement

Bah! Can't even install the patch. Gives me an error early on in the install. Apparently it's a known issue, and re-downloading the first 2 parts fixes it, but not for me.

Bah! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

God damn this is a great game I just finished off the first massive boss, took some doing too but doing all the quest related helped out, then i got the ride of triss again :pac: and became champion at fight club and champion arm wrestler took a few goes at the last fella though.
    Do any of yee know what the top level is so I can figure out which of my skills to level up?

I'm thinking 35ish as there is an achievement for it on the consoles.

Anyone offer any advice for crafting weapons and swords??? Just got my silver one back so that might help but feeling very under powered at the moment.

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm thinking 35ish as there is an achievement for it on the consoles.

Anyone offer any advice for crafting weapons and swords??? Just got my silver one back so that might help but feeling very under powered at the moment.

If you do both the Nekker Contract and the Endrega Contract at the same time you will get a superior silver sword schematic then just head to the dwarf smith and he will fix it up for you he can put runes on your swords aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

If you skimp on magic your going to be ****ed later on. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Anyone order this from amazon.co.uk? I received my copy today, and was pleasantly surprised (and confused) to see a signature on the outer sleeve. I looked it up and found out that the developers at CD Projekt signed all of Amazon's launch stock. They are awesome! :cool:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-04-witcher-2-enhanced-edition-amazon-copies-signed-by-dev-team

• Advertisement

If you do both the Nekker Contract and the Endrega Contract at the same time you will get a superior silver sword schematic then just head to the dwarf smith and he will fix it up for you he can put runes on your swords aswell.

Just got there, made a huge difference :eek:

Edit: Whats with the monk in the tavern ? I've beaten him at dice 15 times no and still wont give up his prize ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

If you bought a physical copy of the game you can avail of a free downloadable back up copy from gog http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/

You also get all the extras that came with the digital special edition too like the art book and soundtrack.

Had to download the patch twice last night to get it working. I'd recommend anyone who is downloading it to manually download it from the site, as the automatic patcher is a bit ****.

http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i left my computer on overnight to finish downloading the witcher 2 game files and the bloody thing cut out soon after I went to bed :/ 6 gigs left

i left my computer on overnight to finish downloading the witcher 2 game files and the bloody thing cut out soon after I went to bed :/ 6 gigs left

They turn off? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they do when you have six case fans and one that looks like a jet engine turbine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Have to say, I've played probably about half of it and I just don't think much of it.

I like the ambiance, the grit, the voice acting (particularly the welsh people).
    It's pretty too.

But ultimately the actual gameplay doesn't really do much for me.
    And I don't like the inventory system.

Gbear wrote: »
    Have to say, I've played probably about half of it and I just don't think much of it.

I like the ambiance, the grit, the voice acting (particularly the welsh people).
    It's pretty too.

But ultimately the actual gameplay doesn't really do much for me.
    And I don't like the inventory system.

None of that actually changes later, but over all (I'm only at the start of act 2) but I found the amount of actual combat in the game pretty sparse to be honest for an action RPG, not saying there is not that much combat but a lot less of it than you would expect :confused: Am I alone in finding that ?

Are yee doing the side quests you pick up on the boards, lots of swashbuckling on them. The UI is poo though and ingredients weigh to much.

Combat was the last thing I cared when playing witcher games.
    Then again, combat in witcher 2 is really good. A lot of options items etc. it does feel satisfying too. It feels like you have a sword in your hands, not a tickle feather,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

calex71 wrote: »
    None of that actually changes later, but over all (I'm only at the start of act 2) but I found the amount of actual combat in the game pretty sparse to be honest for an action RPG, not saying there is not that much combat but a lot less of it than you would expect :confused: Am I alone in finding that ?

Ya a fair bit in myself and disapointed with the fighting element, expected less dialogue and a little more combat,I can see its a great game but not for me, timeto give skyrim a blast finally...

This game can be so unexpectedly mean to you.

Was at the end of act 1 and choose the Ivoreth path so
    the town rioted and was effectively a bloodbath
    was heading for the quest marker at the inn and was approached by 2 guards who told me they were not happy with me but willing to over look my crimes for earlier good deeds but I should pay 100 gold

pffff yeah right I said so declined,
    I was shot dead instantly in a hail of arrows
    :(

After I reloaded the event didn't trigger again.

Edit: I had a good chuckle at the The Lord of the Rings reference in act 2 :)

This game is physically and mentally draining, I havent had to use me head in a game so much since the 90s.
    The Lord of the Rings joke was funny, The humor is great I just got two trolls back together one of them was groping Triss so his wife left him :pac:

This game is physically and mentally draining, I havent had to use me head in a game so much since the 90s.
    The Lord of the Rings joke was funny, The humor is great I just got two trolls back together one of them was groping Triss so his wife left him :pac:

Humor is briliant in this game. I still think that getting drunk with blue stripes is one of the most funniest things you can ever do in video game.

Humor is briliant in this game. I still think that getting drunk with blue stripes is one of the most funniest things you can ever do in video game.

Did you speak with triss or the other sorcerer ladies in the games re:
    Getting the tattoo removed
    :D

Also the guy in the market area of act 2 who says nothing other than screaming "Emo" at you :D

Ha did any one save the elves from the burning building at the end of act 1?
    the burning building at the end of act 1?
    I just got to
    bang one of them
    as a reward :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just started playing this on Xbox. Loving it so far. Really enjoyable. Story is well written. Nice to play a game with an actually story. More like that please

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lkasprzak

CptMackey wrote: »
    Just started playing this on Xbox. Loving it so far. Really enjoyable. Story is well written. Nice to play a game with an actually story. More like that please

Hi, can you or anyone check if there is polish language or polish voices to choose from options menu? Ill appreciate that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

lkasprzak wrote: »
    Hi, can you or anyone check if there is polish language or polish voices to choose from options menu? Ill appreciate that ;)
    The gog.com page for it says it has Polish language. I think you select it when installing.

lkasprzak wrote: »

Pc has a full polish pack alright. No idea about Xbox version though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Did anyone else have the issue where the Windows 7 taskbar appears over the game when you start it up? Tried a few different things but just won't go away.

Auto-hide does work but still leaves a blue gap along the bottom.

Using W7 Ult 64 and updated Witcher 2 EE

Doh nevermind... found the issue, the game was defaulting to Windowed mode for some reason, changed that and full screen goodness now!

Advertisement