Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone know why Steam is downloading a 16gb patch for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone know why Steam is downloading a 16gb patch for this!!

It's all the stuff from the Extended edition.

blobby360 wrote: »
    It's all the stuff from the Extended edition.

but i already own that :confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

apparently they screwed something up with an earlier, much smaller, patch to which they forced a 16GB update LOL

everybody on the witcher 2's subform over at valve are all up in arms about it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Picked this up for €12.

What's the best difficulty to play it on? I don't want to cruise through but I don't want to be reloading constantly and cursing the controls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

quarryman wrote: »
    Picked this up for €12.

What's the best difficulty to play it on? I don't want to cruise through but I don't want to be reloading constantly and cursing the controls.

Well even on easy I was far from cruising :o

Dark is well................ dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Difficulty can be changed mid game from what I remember but if you start on dark and change it you will lose whatever it was you get playing on that setting if you bump it down a notch. (there were some special items that game gives you but I can't recall what exactly they were)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Near the end of Chapter 2, on normal. Probably the best RPG I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Grayditch wrote: »
    Near the end of Chapter 2, on normal. Probably the best RPG I've ever played.

+1 to that.

First rpg i've played that's not afraid to fully use a 18 rating.

and most of the dialog is funny too.

"Something's troubling me."
    "What's that?"
    "What does a bloody Witcher eat, anyway?"
    "Eh, mushrooms?"
    "Spuds?"
    "Why spuds?"
    "'Cause he's a human, like us. He sweats, he bleeds, prob'ly eats spuds, too." :pac:

I've laughed out loud quite a lot playing it. Such a high quality game. Ok, it's got some flaws, but easily overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You cannot call yourself a gamer if you did not got drunk with blue stripes!

Dialog in the game is just freaking amazing.

"Gerald, come have a drink with me, drinking alone is as bad as ****ing in company!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That was a fantastic quest.
    Trying to figure out what happened the next morning, and trying to remove that bloody tattoo.

Never did manage to get rid of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any word of this coming out on ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Kiith wrote: »
    That was a fantastic quest. Trying to figure out what happened the next morning, and trying to remove that bloody tattoo.

Never did manage to get rid of it...

Come on man spoilers, I'm just about to start playing this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the game's a year old.. if you're that worried about spoilers avoid the thread unless absolutely neccessary

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Big Knox wrote: »
    Come on man spoilers, I'm just about to start playing this!

Sorry about that. Spoilered it there. It's a tiny spoiler, and hasn't much to do with the game itself, but i know how annoying it can be after spoiling something pretty big in Far Cry 3 last night after reading the main wiki page.

Loved the 1st one and just couldnt get into this one for some reason, still played a fair bit of it. But think the 1st one is much better.

the game's a year old.. if you're that worried about spoilers avoid the thread unless absolutely neccessary

It's a common courtesy to spoiler something of that nature regardless of how long the game has been out, it only takes a second. A year is not exactly a long time in the games industry these days with the vast majority of people having huge backlogs!
    Kiith wrote: »
    Sorry about that. Spoilered it there. It's a tiny spoiler, and hasn't much to do with the game itself, but i know how annoying it can be after spoiling something pretty big in Far Cry 3 last night after reading the main wiki page.

No worries mate, I know it's nothing of importance so you're not on the list or anything! :p

Looking forward to getting stuck into this, I put off buying it for way too long and now I can't drag myself away from Natural Selection 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yes but this thread is all about the game so people are going to be talking about it especially 20 months after it has been released

Only out 7 months on Xbox, though.

Skerries wrote: »
    yes but this thread is all about the game so people are going to be talking about it especially 20 months after it has been released

This is completely de-railing the thread so this is the last thing I'm going to say on the matter.

These threads are for new players as much as players who have completed the game. It's absolute nonsense to think new players should have to avoid a thread until they have completed a game of this size. Some people can take months to get through a game like this. Lots of people, myself included get involved in these threads when playing these games to ask for info, share experiences and talk to other players in general. Do you really want to alienate new players completely for the sake of not taking a few seconds to spoiler something? As I said earlier more and more people wait for sales or price drops to play games well after launch, why punish them for doing this?

I genuinely find it ridiculous that anyone would disagree with that logic. Putting a spoiler tag on something takes literally 3 seconds. Is that too much to ask? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone else buy this on steam? It was €3.99 yesterday for the enhanced edition. I'm really enjoying it but its fecking hard! And stuff like crafting and magic took me ages to figure out. I'm in Flotsam now doing random side quests to earn some money so I can buy better weapons and armor. Bloddy nekkers. They are fine when theres 1 or 2 but 3 or more and I have to run away or die!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'll say one thing

save as you approach the end of chapter 1 and keep that save seperate

the game branches off into two different paths after that chapter as you follow one of two characters.. having a save handy means you dont have to replay all of chapter 1 if you want to see the other 8-10 hours the game has to offer

Advertisement