Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dreamers75 wrote: »
    8 on steam of enchanced directors cut if that actually means anything.

it doesnt :)

just like witcher 2, they release all the dlc and enhanced stuff for witcher 1 free of charge

although with witcher 1 they kinda were forced to as they released the vanilla game as a sort of broken buggy mess

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Stev_o wrote: »
    Remember if your playing The Witcher expect the same response you'd get from playing Mass Effect if you only started with Mass Effect 2, you'll find a lot of things out dated and the combat is pants compared to 2. But it does have one of the best modern RPG stories even with a generic opening.

I would recomend finishing witcher 1 too, if there is a possibility ofc. I finished witcher 1 a few days ago and it is one of the most epic experiences ever. Yes it has it's **** parts and difficulty can be all over the place, but if you stick to that game it will make you **** bricks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just tried the tutorial.

Managed to kill 1 enemy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

danthefan wrote: »
    Just tried the tutorial.

Managed to kill 1 enemy :(

It sent me on my way on the easy setting :mad: I turned it up to hard though.

Its a bloody hard oul game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Still running around the prologue here, even on xbox it's a very pretty game. Some of the visuals when you get views of the castle outside are stunning !!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Going through 1 at the moment and won't touch my copy of 2 unil i finish it. Absolutely cracking game so really looking forward to 2.

Going through 1 at the moment and won't touch my copy of 2 unil i finish it. Absolutely cracking game so really looking forward to 2.

Witcher 1 is fantastic. It feels very down to earth fantasy game. Real life problems, not just elfs dancing on the rainbows crap.

Just a tip: pay attention to details. Witcher 1 makes you think amd analyse yourself what you see, not decking huge arrow pointing at thing and saying - look ! Look! LOOK!!!! and it's not lazy game design, but a very very clever gameplay. You will go a lot of the time: oh **** yeah! That's why it was there!

Defintely i'm runnign around with my finger on alt the entire time and you have to pay attention to conversations, and weigh yuour answer, its not top for good answer bottom for bad. combats pants but the rest of its amazing and they say 2 is better.

i actually grew to love the combat in witcher 1
    when you're fighting a large enough group of enemies and you have to time out your attacks, moving from bastard to bastard. took a bit of skill, unlike some other rpgs I could name

Defintely i'm runnign around with my finger on alt the entire time and you have to pay attention to conversations, and weigh yuour answer, its not top for good answer bottom for bad. combats pants but the rest of its amazing and they say 2 is better.

It is even more complicated then that. Sometimes even the house of npc will give you some clues. Chapter 2 will be very damn good with "investigation" skills ;). Always try to get all info before taking out your sword. I did some mistakes before :)

That's the Beauty of witcher ges. There is no bad or good. It's is only bad and worse :D. You play witcher and do what you would do in real life. Basicly it will push on your morals and not just: be a good or bad boy.
    Sometimes it takes awile to make up your mind.

• Advertisement

Yeah made a complete ar$e of the investigation in 2. Going through 3 now and somehow took a side, i was trying for neutral.

hah, I did that too

spent the rest of the game shouting at the screen "god damnit no I didn't pick a side, I'm sorry!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

tbh honest I found the investigation plot to be really convoluted, it probably didnt help that I would drop the game for a few months and then come back to it.

spent the rest of the game shouting at the screen "god damnit no I didn't pick a side, I'm sorry!"

Was that when you figured out you missed out on the 2 nurses card?

FFs. If you downloading that 10gb patch lads, then do it in one go. It did not resumed, started it all from scratch FFs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

will the first one be updated on Steam as i bought it ages ago and got through most of chapter 2 but something else distracted me, also have finished the second one and am tempted to go back and play through the Elves story now

the steam version is already the updated enhanced edition

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the steam version is already the updated enhanced edition

For Witcher 1 it is. Witcher 2 needs to be updated though.

I'm going to manually download the patch in work today, so i don't have to wait to download it later. Will hopefully get to start it up later.

oh, I thought he was asking about witcher 1. whoops

oh, I thought he was asking about witcher 1. whoops

Yup, witcher 2. It's 10gb patch and my one is non steam version, so I have to go in one go. 1gb in so far. 1mb/s download speed is not bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He might have been...there were a lot of 1's and 2's in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Witcher 1 Chapter 1

Stupid question when
    i buy the book from Abigail the witch should plants now have names over them? cant find that myrtle crap and noone will sell me any

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Witcher 1 Chapter 1

Stupid question when
    i buy the book from Abigail the witch should plants now have names over them? cant find that myrtle crap and noone will sell me any

not really a spoiler, there are TONS of those plants, just run around with ALT pressed down m8.

yeah I think you need different books for different plants, or you learn the names of different plants in other ways

ages since I played witcher 1 so id ont remember exactly how it works
    i remember it did confuse the sod out of me when i was playing though

Did you right click and read the book? That caught me out the first time.

Did you right click and read the book? That caught me out the first time.

you right click it and you can read it, after that it will be marked as " already read". It will put a notification too, a new entry added in to journal. so you can throw it away after.

Or hold on to it and sell it for a pittance.

Ok here's one for ya'll, got a few runes for the sliver how do i actually apply\use them? do i need 3 like i did with the meteor stones?

Or hold on to it and sell it for a pittance.

Ok here's one for ya'll, got a few runes for the sliver how do i actually apply\use them? do i need 3 like i did with the meteor stones?

you need 3 runestones or 3 meteorite metals, then go to blacksmith and we will be able to make you a swrod. though dont expect anything decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is pressing Alt the same as turning on item names in options?

• Advertisement

Dunno but alt highlights all selectable items and enemies in your field of view.

Advertisement