Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Galvasean wrote: »
    A thread on online dating just appeared in R&R.
    Someone's got a chip on their shoulder :pac:

R&R?

*such a n00b*

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good job Maguined. What ya got planned mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good job Maguined. What ya got planned mate?

Be mean to her until she likes me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

POF has me in Oregon today, judging by the number of messages I'm getting from there. I'm quite the globetrotter, it would seem...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ok, so I think I'm going to delete my POF profile today. Can't handle the parade of freaks, horndogs and flakers anymore. Plus, even the MD has commented on how much I'm on my phone during the day, ha ha!

I'm getting rid of mine today. Met some nice guys, unfortunately the ones I liked didn't have interest in me or vice versa. :cool:

Good luck with it all. It can work (my best friend and others on here are proof of that), just er, not for me it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    R&R?

*such a n00b*

Ranting & Raving - it's a private forum but you can get access to it by sending a PM to one of the mods like Handsome Bob.

So tempted to start a counter-rant thread to that...

POF has me in Oregon today, judging by the number of messages I'm getting from there. I'm quite the globetrotter, it would seem...

OKC keeps offering me matches from the UK despite me repeatedly limiting my settings to within 10km of Dublin.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Weird, how I never spotted Larianne on POF. Usually spot th boardsies straight away.

Weird, how I never spotted Larianne on POF. Usually spot th boardsies straight away.

A boardsie spotted me only the other day! The start of the end for me... (just kidding!):pac:

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm getting rid of mine today. Met some nice guys, unfortunately the ones I liked didn't have interest in me or vice versa. :cool:

Who is going to ask everyone if they have dates lined up on the weekends now Lari?

You can't leave us, you are our Online Dating queen!

The only people I ever talk to seem to be boardsies. :pac:

Maguined wrote: »
    You can't leave us, you are our Online Dating queen!

You're the second person to say this to me in less than a week. :o I think this is exactly the reason I gotta stop my online dating adventures.

Just use a bit of common sense and you'll all be fine. :)

Did you at least get your coveted sleazy messages before you shut it down?

Did you at least get your coveted sleazy messages before you shut it down?

Offer of webcam **** off - Check
    Penis picture - Check
    Offer of a threesome - Check

My life is now complete!

Married men asking for you to feel sorry for him as his wife doesn't have sex with him as much any more so it completely justifies him asking young ladies on the internet to meet him in hotel rooms for some "consoling"?

Married men asking for you to feel sorry for him as his wife doesn't have sex with him as much any more so it completely justifies him asking young ladies on the internet to meet him in hotel rooms for some "consoling"?

Damn it! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Larianne wrote: »
    Just use a bit of common sense and you'll all be fine. :)

You give me too much credit.

You give me too much credit.

I'm not much of a fan of common sense myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

A few days ago I got a message from a guy, simply saying "hi how u keeping", I replied saying "I'm grand, how are you?". His reply this morning was "good. would u go for a drink with me sometime?"

I had a similar message only when I asked him how are you he replied back 'horny'. Charming!

On a positive note there is a strong likelihood of me having a date on Saturday, a coffee and that. I was almost giving up on match.com and hadn't logged in for days when I got a message from someone who can:
    1) write proper sentences
    2) is polite
    3) does not give off any crazy vibes
    4) no sleazy sex talk

Plus I am chatting to someone else who is also similar to the above. Nice for a change.

• Advertisement

That was me. I also got offered a chocolate stick to sit on, and was told another guy would love to make me his girlfriend so he could, erm, do something on my beautiful face.

On the plus side, I also had a few perfectly pleasant dates, and the three-date guy A) let me drive his Porsche and B) sent me flowers to the office. Pity I didn't fancy him, because he really was a lovely, lovely guy.

Have one last shout lined up for this Friday with a guy I've been messaging for WEEKS. Cross everything, folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Anyone care to give my Pof the auld once over? Tell me the enormity of the improvement that's needed :)

On the plus side, I also had a few perfectly pleasant dates, and the three-date guy A) let me drive his Porsche and B) sent me flowers to the office. Pity I didn't fancy him, because he really was a lovely, lovely guy.

A porsche!! Fúck it, if you don't want him, send him my way. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Think I'm gonna give up on this online dating stuff.

I've had several nice dates, one really bad date, made some new friends and such.

But the stalkers are ruining it! I've had to block a few people (as you do) and one of them is just constantly making new profiles and sending me up to 100 messages a day. I haven't signed into POF in 2 days because of it, because he just keeps making new accounts! What's worse is, he's a friend of a friend and stole my mobile number from my mate's phone. It's scary! :(

So I think that while I've met nice people, made out with 3 or 4 of them (always fun) and had a good laugh with a boardsie, I'm going to forget about this online thing.

Too many sleazy people around and it scares me!

That_Guy wrote: »
    A porsche!! Fúck it, if you don't want him, send him my way. :pac:

A 911 Carrera 4. And I still didn't fancy him. Sigh.

A 911 Carrera 4. And I still didn't fancy him. Sigh.

Pass a link to his profile my way? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna give up on this online dating stuff.

I've had several nice dates, one really bad date, made some new friends and such.

But the stalkers are ruining it! I've had to block a few people (as you do) and one of them is just constantly making new profiles and sending me up to 100 messages a day. I haven't signed into POF in 2 days because of it, because he just keeps making new accounts! What's worse is, he's a friend of a friend and stole my mobile number from my mate's phone. It's scary! :(

So I think that while I've met nice people, made out with 3 or 4 of them (always fun) and had a good laugh with a boardsie, I'm going to forget about this online thing.

Too many sleazy people around and it scares me!

Jaysus that's scary :eek: Would put ya off online dating alright. I haven't got myself any stalkers yet. Just the obligatory penis pictures so far :rolleyes: :pac:

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Jaysus that's scary :eek: Would put ya off online dating alright. I haven't got myself any stalkers yet. Just the obligatory penis pictures so far :rolleyes: :pac:

I've gotten the penis pic once or twice. I also got one guy send a really nicely worded message. He said he respects women, would love to buy me dinner, I seem really interesting and pretty, etc. All the standard bull, but written very politely and was kinda sweet.

Followed by 3 topless shots and a penis picture. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That means they've a picture of their bits on their computer, right? It's a pity some of their friends/housemates don't come along, after the picture being left open, and ask wtf a penis is doing on their PC. :pac: Might get them to cop on a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement