Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

If they went back to COD4 but with the ability to stack KS's and removed Martyrdom it'd be near perfect.

I really don't understand the logic behind the developers. Surely they read forums and see what people do and don't want.

Not sure if I'm reading this
    "Elite – if Diver is active – You realistically fall into your feign death instead of diving."
    wrong or not but it seems like this is going to be the equivalent to Last Stand... Only you'll think you'll have killed him when you actually haven't?

There's another game ruined if that's the case :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is anyone on MW3s facebook page? 90% of comments are people complaining about COD and the develops dont seem to want to listen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Sounds like the perks that will be in mw4...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

The fact the page is covered in CLASSIFIED is a dead give away, anyways many of the Classified screens unlock on certain dates, one of them unlocks tomorrow.

http://www.callofduty.com/

900x506_classified_02.jpg

149479_10151546063350694_496676680693_23872860_1876935769_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Im not even goin to bother reading through that entire list. It looks way to over complicated for my liking. Just gimmie a gun and marathon. If they removed perks and killstreaks altogether I wouldn't even complain

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

krudler wrote: »
    aw man, COD4 got it so right and its just gotten worse with every game, I love MW2 but because of the guns, maps and the overall feel of it, but its still got too much bullsh1t in it, MW3 even more so. COD4 had uav, an airstrike and an attack chopper, and that was it. the choppers were a bit of a bitch to take down as you only had rpgs instead of stingers but they didnt dominate a map like the newer streaks do.

instead of piling MORE crap into the games they should strip out the unecessary stuff. and go back to gun on gun.

Agreed - Just got 2 choppers in a game of COD4 there. Combined, they killed 3 people! I got a total of 27 kills which means that 24 kills came from the end of my gun. COD4 Killstreaks (choppers & planes) couldn't hit a barn door and it's what made the game great. They were not game breakers like they are now. ALL MW3 pointstreaks are overpowered game bores.

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Agreed - Just got 2 choppers in a game of COD4 there. Combined, they killed 3 people! I got a total of 27 kills which means that 24 kills came from the end of my gun. COD4 Killstreaks (choppers & planes) couldn't hit a barn door and it's what made the game great. They were not game breakers like they are now. ALL MW3 pointstreaks are overpowered game bores.

At first I liked the idea of support streaks as I'm all about taking down air support and objectives, but instead noobs are using them just running around as they know they'll get their advanced uav/stealth bomber/emp combo eventually even if you're dying every few seconds and getting 1 kill at a time.

any ground war game will eventually get to the point where you have multiple osprey drops, emps, stealth bombers and the like constantly coming in and it just wrecks the game being bombarded with stuff.

I'm at the stage now where my most effective setup is just having a uav as an assault streak and hardline, and no other streaks, you can keep the map lit up (well aside from assassin pro users) for most of the match and just rely on your gun instead of streaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Denny M wrote: »
    Surely with that "Elite - Diver" thing you'd notice if you killed someone or not by if you got points for it?

Far too much rubbish on that list for me to find it believable tbh.

Just the right amount of rubbish to make me think it's legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭klose

List is definately bull****, too many oh if used with x perk blah blah..

Also, i havent looked em up but the guns sound very modern/futuristic. Now I know black ops dosent have to be a direct sequal and it can just indeed be Black/covert operations in todays times but id wage itll be cold war era stuff again.

List is definately bull****, too many oh if used with x perk blah blah..

Also, i havent looked em up but the guns sound very modern/futuristic. Now I know black ops dosent have to be a direct sequal and it can just indeed be Black/covert operations in todays times but id wage itll be cold war era stuff again.

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Advertisement

6. Diver – You can dive into cover (A.K.A. Dolphin Dive) – and while diving you can still shoot, however when you land it takes awhile to regain focus.
    b. Pro – You crawl 2x faster
    c. Elite – With Extreme conditioning active – You can sprint while crawling to crawl faster (3x) instead of getting up.

Imagine how funny that would look :pac:

Hopefully, and assumably (imo) the perks wont be too drastically different bar removing second chance and rejigging ghost and maybe a few other small bits.

-47/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The one reason that makes me think the list is fake above all else is that it's way too complex.

COD is not supposed to be overly intricate and is aimed at being an arcade-style FPS. Most of the perks are unlikely to change much than what has gone before, bar a couple or so

Treyarch have made the jump and leapfrogged Infinity Ward - Black Ops 2 will be set sometime in the future leaving the Cold War days behind. I think we're looking at 2025, folks.

Crazy stuff. But such a drastic move was the only thing that was ever going to pull the franchise up from the bootstraps...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

how about you only get to use your killstreaks twice in a game. like you can only get 2 predator missiles, as good players and campers can easily get 3+. so if you are limited with only 2 surely it would make the game more intersting knowing you must save it for the right moment. may also stop campers to some degree.

so once you use up your killstreaks your are only left to play the objective, as you cant camp for another pred missile ie playing DOM all your are left with is capping or just going for kills but getting no killstreaks. but maybe if you play the objective ie capping etc this is only way to get to use your killstreaks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

**Spoiler**

Gotcha!!

Screetshot from Callofduty.com, links directly to FPS Russia's video on it. And as we know Vonderhaar is on close terms with various Machinima directors so its possible Treyarch asked FPS to make the video.

900x506_classified_01.jpg

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Screetshot from Callofduty.com, links directly to FPS Russia's video on it. And as we know Vonderhaar is on close terms with various Machinima directors so its possible Treyarch asked FPS to make the video.

Yeah, Pro Russian dropped that video on YouTube before the pic was un-blurred today. Now, seeing as that drone is not in the field yet and could potentially be used in the future - we shouldn't rule out BLOPS2 being set 15-20 years from now which is what I was going with.

Have you also seen the t-shirt he's wearing? TACITUS.

Tacitus will definitely have something to do with BLOPS2 - "probably an evil corporation set in the game" as Woody puts it. The modern guns that was spoken about fits in nicely with the future setting too, definitely not Cold War IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

My first thought when I saw that concept art was Halflife. I just hope that you can kill enemies by flying in to them with the quadrotor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

yimrsg wrote: »
    My first thought when I saw that concept art was Halflife. I just hope that you can kill enemies by flying in to them with the quadrotor.

That would hav been savage in MW3, even if it only did the damage of a pistol bullet for each hit or somethin, chasing them would be great craic!!

Dyin to know what new killstreaks there's gonna be!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Looks fairly legit to me :)

202585.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

iMuse wrote: »
    Looks fairly legit to me :)

[IMG][/img]

Font and design seems more futuristic than previous - likely to be 2015+?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Free $5 dollar gift card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treyarch are pretty good at marketing, really drags ya into it..

I'm not going to let myself get roped into the hype again this year. I'll hold off until probably next Spring or Summer and listen to what people said about it before jumping in head first. I feel like Activision robbed me with MW3/Elite business - BLOPS2 would want to be the second coming of Jesus Christ before I give those sour c*nts any more of my money.

Certain sayings are popping up on the call of duty page like

"The future is not as far off as people think. -We're not ready for it"

And an audio clip saying

"The enemy could be anywhere and it could be Anyone."

900x506_classified_07.jpg

550068_10151568794735694_496676680693_23941031_1914472473_n.jpg

AGB_Ghost wrote: »

"The enemy could be anywhere and it could be Anyone."

Don't like the sound of the new undercover spy perk thingy-majig....

Sounds like a game breaker already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jesushimself

It's still not confirmed that this next addition to the franchise will be "black ops 2".
    1/5/12 is when we will all find out and hopefully see a trailer for ourselves.

It's still not confirmed that this next addition to the franchise will be "black ops 2".
    1/5/12 is when we will all find out and hopefully see a trailer for ourselves.

eh, yeah, it is

550068_10151568794735694_496676680693_23941031_1914472473_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

As long as there is dinosaurs, this is a winner!

Advertisement