Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

AdamD wrote: »
    Because that's their target market

So true. Difficult for them to please both. 12 year old jizz themselves when they hear the likes or RC cars

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

AdamD wrote: »
    Because that's their target market

ha good point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

id like to see Akimbo as a perk, You start off with a single pistol and you can pick up another pistol if you come across one.

EG Starting secondary M1911

After 1:30 mins you come across an M9,

Hold X to pick up M9 (Akimbo)
    Hold Y to Swap.

It will reduce every guy and his dog having akimbo weapons and when you are down to akimbo you can just throw one of them away and wa-lah, ADS is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Trailer Inbound!!

199471.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Where'd you find that Muse?

It looks poor quality 'shop to me..

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Where'd you find that Muse?

It looks poor quality 'shop to me..

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-industry-in-long-island/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-leaked-logo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cian man1

cant wait for this but there has been no video comfirmed by activision or trayarch soorry for that hopfully they come out with something soon;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

The trailer released for the 28th of this month is legit. The 28th of April was when BLOPS' teaser was put up online. Moreover, this logo was thrown up on the official COD forums where it was taken down two hours later. Activision has never removed fake information before so this looks like a real leak.

Expect to see the new website up and running next week in preparation of this new trailer. We'll definitely be seeing something before E3, that's a given.

It will be Cod XP before any multiplayer is likely shown , Ive zero interest in zombies and single player. Its funny how they use E3 to show SP when 95% of the people who buy the game care much about it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Contemplated whether or not to create a new thread for this or not, maybe if there is enough discussion about it. I'll break it off into a new thread. We'll see.

Anywhoo...

Been in the library since 8 trying to get some study done but not to much success, got talking with a mate re: CoD and what he wants to see from BOPS2. In the main, his suggestions were fairly routine to what many, many people want. That being a better spawn system being implemented, amongst some new game types as well as better maps at . To quote him, basically not MW3's noob friendly bull****.

Now those who know me, know that I play more than a fair bit of Battlefield 3 these days and Uncharted 3... yes, yes when not playing FIFA Ultimate Team (thanks Cody namely for pestering me into giving it a chance -_-) Anyway, going off in a tangent. But yeah his idea of the spawn system was a tad different that what I and many here have said.

He'd like a spawn on teammate system / spawn on buddy that that many including myself believe works so well in these games. Now admittedly as an Uncharted 2 multiplayer fan I was quite hesitant about the buddy system being introduced, but it works a treat in UC3 multiplayer in which you are assigned one person as a buddy to spawn on and likewise for him too. For those who either play/or have played BF3(or previous games) it's an integral part of playing the game. Knowing when and where to spawn, someone acting as a spawn point when you're 3 fellow squad members are down especially in Rush (for those who don't know it is in essence a Progressive Demolition game type) where it's all about momentum and team play to advance forward. Obviously maps in BF are huge, even say maps like Crisis, Derail, Array etc might be only a 1/4 if even that the size of the average BF map so that also has to be factored. Uncharted, it's very variable map size but as I said, it still works so well in the game.

So the question is, do people here think a spawn on buddy/teammate system would be good for BOPS2 (or simply put CoD in general)? I think it would add a new dynamic to the series which, again, only my worthless opinion here, is rather stale/stagnant if not going backwards. Obviously there are more pressing issues to deal with but it's something I personally wouldn't mind seeing. Maybe for private matches, they allow players to remove this feature too, just incase competitive players start to cry, whine and complain.

edit - jaysus, that's a longer post then I intended it to be :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

-Ade- wrote: »
    Contemplated whether or not to create a new thread for this or not, maybe if there is enough discussion about it. I'll break it off into a new thread. We'll see.

Anywhoo...

Been in the library since 8 trying to get some study done but not to much success, got talking with a mate re: CoD and what he wants to see from BOPS2. In the main, his suggestions were fairly routine to what many, many people want. That being a better spawn system being implemented, amongst some new game types as well as better maps at . To quote him, basically not MW3's noob friendly bull****.

Now those who know me, know that I play more than a fair bit of Battlefield 3 these days and Uncharted 3... yes, yes when not playing FIFA Ultimate Team (thanks Cody namely for pestering me into giving it a chance -_-) Anyway, going off in a tangent. But yeah his idea of the spawn system was a tad different that what I and many here have said.

He'd like a spawn on teammate system / spawn on buddy that that many including myself believe works so well in these games. Now admittedly as an Uncharted 2 multiplayer fan I was quite hesitant about the buddy system being introduced, but it works a treat in UC3 multiplayer in which you are assigned one person as a buddy to spawn on and likewise for him too. For those who either play/or have played BF3(or previous games) it's an integral part of playing the game. Knowing when and where to spawn, someone acting as a spawn point when you're 3 fellow squad members are down especially in Rush (for those who don't know it is in essence a Progressive Demolition game type) where it's all about momentum and team play to advance forward. Obviously maps in BF are huge, even say maps like Crisis, Derail, Array etc might be only a 1/4 if even that the size of the average BF map so that also has to be factored. Uncharted, it's very variable map size but as I said, it still works so well in the game.

So the question is, do people here think a spawn on buddy/teammate system would be good for BOPS2 (or simply put CoD in general)? I think it would add a new dynamic to the series which, again, only my worthless opinion here, is rather stale/stagnant if not going backwards. Obviously there are more pressing issues to deal with but it's something I personally wouldn't mind seeing. Maybe for private matches, they allow players to remove this feature too, just incase competitive players start to cry, whine and complain.

edit - jaysus, that's a longer post then I intended it to be :eek:

It works beautifully in BF3 but that's because its a completely different kinda game!

I fell it would be a disaster in COD.. the game is too fast paced for it.. When you respawn in COD it takes approx 3-6s to get back in the thick of the action.. (unfortunately less than 1s sometimes with the diabolical spawn sytem)
    In BF it could take up to 2mins if you were to respawn at your own base. So it works for BF as its far more tactical on a team level... but tactical is not what COD is about at all! Its about kill whoring etc.

In BF it takes about 5-10s from death to spawn. In COD its instant.. think bout it.. group of 3 enemies, you take out 2 of them and in the process of taking out the 3rd, BAM one of the guys you just killed respawns beside him and so now you have another guy pumping bullets in ya.. :mad: not gonna work!

So to compensate for that they would have to put in a spawn delay for ALL game types which would slow it down far too much, that's not what COD is about.

So while I think the spawn on buddy system is fantastic it just wouldnt work in COD at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Quite frankly no because the maps are too small so you would inevitably have people spawning on you mid gunfight due to the pace of the game, from what I've seen on UC they struggle to prevent that from happening in a slower paced game. Kz2's spawn on squad leader could be an option. Another concern would be how the game could end up mw3-esque, with people spawning everywhere the game becomes really unenjoyable as you just get back-stabbed constantly unless you camp. The only mode I could see it working in atm is sabotage, because people generally spawn at base (?) and that would make the mode waaaaaaay more fun.

Really I just want mw2/bops spawn system back. I haven't played demolition in like 2 months and it used to be my favourite mode, now the spawns are like playing tdm, people spawning in your base, their base, your base, mid map, left, right, your base. Ridiculous. Would love if they got rid of 'wave spawn delay' too, makes no sense and is another unpredictable spawn system, ****s ctf up. For domination they just need cod4 spawns back, every other game since has just been meeeeeh for domo spawns, I mean on Bootleg (one of the best maps) if they have C and B, they can spawn behind you near A with a perfect nade line/sight line onto B, makes zero sense.

/Random rant; could work in sabo maybe (imo), whoever designed mw3 spawns is a spastic, get rid of wave spawn delay.

Also: Give me 5 second spawn delay in domination so I have a chance playing with idiots against people who are actually trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I dont think it would work because cod is a much faster game and in a much smaller space. It suits big open games like BF but it only takes like 45 seconds at most on a large map in COD to run to the other side of it. I could go on but personally it's not something I'd like to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

The spawn on buddy system could work in cod but you'd have to be vulnerable instantly upon spawn to balance out the advantage, say you have to draw your weapon and put a mag in the gun. Without checks you're essentially making it possible for a team to tac insert so there has to be downsides. Eg. only one per life.

In BF it gives you a choice of several areas to chose from when you die and something like that could work to stop spawn traps/sh*tty spawns. Hopefully discussions about spawns is going to be a non-issue in future games as it's only Mw3's dire spawns have made this an issue, rarely in mw2 and black ops (perhaps less so) would put you in a vulnerable spawn. For those games the buddy spawn would be a disaster as you'd still die from aerial killstreaks near instantly by having a non-coldblooded/ghost ally spawn next to you and target you both.

I think Furious said it last night that if you transplanted any of the good maps from previous CoD games into mw3 you'd alleviate a lot of the problems with mw3. The skyboxes are open, uavs stand out clearly, big lines of sight, lot less dark corners and spawn systems that work. Had they designed open maps with fewer corners, the game mightn't be so favourable to campers and headglitching. I'm using an obscure example here but CoD3 had vehicles and much larger levels than CoD4, mw2/3, and black ops, but because you had 5 capture points for domination you could still use the short range trench gun (pump action shotgun) and face down tanks, panzerwagons and sidecars as the maps gave open sightlines for snipers tanks and machine gunners and cover for riflemen, tommy gunners and medics. It basically boils down to this: If the maps (and spawns) are good; the games are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

-Ade- wrote: »
    Been in the library since 8 trying to get some study done but not to much success, got talking with a mate re: CoD and what he wants to see from BOPS2.

You're one of those prícks. :rolleyes:

I joke!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Leeg17 wrote: »
    You're one of those prícks. :rolleyes:

I joke!!

al_091125_1923-bin-out.jpg

Come at me bro!

Think I only got in a single hour of proper study :(

Anyway, yeah BOPS2! Yay! Boo! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

What date is it coming out?

yomtea98 wrote: »

5/11/12

Rumoured.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    5/11/12

Rumoured.

A Monday? Halo4 is out on the 6th so Blops2 will prob launch the following week. It would be stupid to launch both on the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Probably the 8th/9th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

No info on a new zombie mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

yomtea98 wrote: »

Every other CoD game in the last few years has been the second Tuesday of November, so more than likely the 13th. This is probably the best selling time to release it in time for Christmas buyers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I cant see COD getting a lota game time until blops is out!

Blops will bang the nail on the head!! show IW how **** is done!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I wasnt the biggest fan of Blops but I'm actually looking forward to this, Treyarch do seem to want to take the series forward and given the disappointment from MW3 its a good thing. Just beef up the sound and graphics, remove ghost pro and 2nd chance, actually remove all noob friendly after death perks and killstreaks full stop, and get decent map design (moar Nuketown!) and it'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Was hoping they might introduce some more objective based game modes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

krudler wrote: »
    I wasnt the biggest fan of Blops but I'm actually looking forward to this, Treyarch do seem to want to take the series forward and given the disappointment from MW3 its a good thing. Just beef up the sound and graphics, remove ghost pro and 2nd chance, actually remove all noob friendly after death perks and killstreaks full stop, and get decent map design (moar Nuketown!) and it'll be great.

This is exactly what it is going to be.

Treyarch have already said there is no more deathstreaks, 2nd Chance and Ghost are gone forever too. They also said that map design will follow BLOPS and not MW3. ;)

BLACKOPS2DEB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    This is exactly what it is going to be.

Treyarch have already said there is no more deathstreaks, 2nd Chance and Ghost are gone forever too. They also said that map design will follow BLOPS and not MW3. ;)

I'd bet on some form of ghost returning. Maybe if that pro perk leak is true in the way you get to pick the pro version of that perk for ghost you might get the option of either hiding from radar or killstreaks. Not perfect but still more balanced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Stopping power please

Advertisement